Renaming Elite controllers in the Xbox Accessories app is broken

Discus and support Renaming Elite controllers in the Xbox Accessories app is broken in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have 2 Elite controllers, one named "Xbox" and one named "PC". When I open the Xbox Accessories app, now the one named "Xbox" shows as "Xbox Elite... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/-PSYCH0, May 18, 2020.

1. /u/-PSYCH0
    /u/-PSYCH0 Guest

I have 2 Elite controllers, one named "Xbox" and one named "PC".

When I open the Xbox Accessories app, now the one named "Xbox" shows as "Xbox Elite Wireless Controller".

When I go into the options screen for it, nothing is displayed under "Device name:" at the top. If I try and rename the controller, when the mini-keyboard pops up, the name field has "Unnamed" in it. When I type in a name and try and save it, I just go back to the options screen with no name shown under "Device name:" again, and when back out of the options screen, the controller shows under the default name of "Xbox Elite Wireless Controller" again.

If I choose to update the firmware of the controller, the progress bar will jump to 100% and tell me there's no new firmware available, but at that point, the proper name shows up again for my controller on the main screen, so it shows as "Xbox" again, but if I go into the options screen, it's blank and the problem happens all over again.

submitted by /u/-PSYCH0
    [link] [comments]

/u/-PSYCH0, May 18, 2020
  2. Shaggy2000 Win User

XBOX 1 ELTITE CONTROLLER SET UP

3. Jomari Arc Win User

Elite Contoller community configurations

Hi,

It appears that the issue is specifically with your Xbox Elite Controller. Here is a

link
    on how to use the Xbox Accessories app to configure your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller.

We'll keep an eye on your response.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

ELITE controller

5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Elite Controller Paddles Not Working

6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Devices and Accessories

Hi there Volcannon,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with creating slots/profiles for the accessory device. What accessory are you working with? (Xbox One wireless controller, Xbox One Elite wireless controller, Adaptive Controller)

I recommend taking a look at the following troubleshooting articles:

Try this out and let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Renaming Elite controllers in the Xbox Accessories app is broken - Similar Threads - Renaming Elite controllers

2. CAMBIAR NOMBRE AGE 2 DEFINITIVE EDITION [RENAME AGE 2 DEFINITIVE EDITION]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CAMBIAR NOMBRE AGE 2 DEFINITIVE EDITION [RENAME AGE 2 DEFINITIVE EDITION]: Hola, he descargado el juego Age of Empires II Definitive Edition de la Microsoft Store; al iniciarlo por primera vez ne ha pedido crear una cuenta y, por error, he dejado el nombre de usuario que...
  3. Cambio nome gamertage [Mod Translation - Rename gamertag]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cambio nome gamertage [Mod Translation - Rename gamertag]: Voglio cambiare il mio nome attuale di gamer , ma non capisco perche’ non lo prende. come devo fare per fare inserire il nome che voglio? Il mio none da inserire e’ FMLFilippo ma mi dice che...
  4. Gamertag rename - misleading wording...

in XboX Insiders
    Gamertag rename - misleading wording...: The wording states that once you change your gamertag, it becomes available for others - this is misleading - if I change my gamertag, it never becomes available for others. A variation of it,...
  5. Solitary Warfare getting a a rename "Name isn't feel right"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Solitary Warfare getting a a rename "Name isn't feel right": Bonnie Ross head of 343 Industries (charged of halo) is wanting to rename title "Solitary Warfare" you're know Solitary Warfare is xbox executive new IP been in early development,it being...
  6. Is Microsoft Store (former Xbox Marketplace) renaming itself now into Xbox Store?

in XboX Insiders
    Is Microsoft Store (former Xbox Marketplace) renaming itself now into Xbox Store?: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  7. Problem z zmianą nazwy. [Translate] Problem with renaming.

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem z zmianą nazwy. [Translate] Problem with renaming.: kiedy tworzyłem swoją nazwę to pojawiły mi się tylko proponowane nazwy konta. kiedy chciałem stworzyć własną (za darmo) nazwę konta to aplikacja XBOX na Windows 10 nie pozwalała mi na to. więc...
  8. microsoft account alias rename not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    microsoft account alias rename not working: Hi I'm trying to rename my Microsoft account alias. When i go through the whole process. i get the verification to my new email i would like to rename it to. It says every time that there is a...
  9. Microsoft Bingo ???Should be renamed Microsoft NO GO

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Bingo ???Should be renamed Microsoft NO GO: This game has to be the worst on the Internet. How often do we get "Unable to Connect" and what is the point of the Power Bingo things ? When you get to the end of the collection NOTHING is...
  10. Ability to rename Games and change Icons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ability to rename Games and change Icons: Hey guys, This is one thing I've been hoping would be added but nothing has happened yet so I'm going to put it out there as it's something I would love to have. I own over a thousand games and...