renting a movie - errorcode 9049

Discus and support renting a movie - errorcode 9049 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I loaded my account with 15,00 Euro to rent a movie. But when I try to rent it, I get an error message "an error occurd while buying - status:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MuuhSchaaf, Dec 2, 2019 at 7:43 PM.

1. MuuhSchaaf
    MuuhSchaaf Guest

So, I loaded my account with 15,00 Euro to rent a movie. But when I try to rent it, I get an error message "an error occurd while buying - status: 9049" - but when I search for this error nummer I didn't found nothing.

So, although I didn't got charged, but I can't rent a movie either.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some region locking (I'm from germany and try to rent the movie "Alite - Battle Angel")?

It's rather strange my console shows me an error status code not found anything on the net using several search engines like google and bing.

I'd rather not prefer to complete reset my console as it has an old profile stored of a friend wich would get lost as he don't know his login anymore and don't have access to the e-mail address he used back when registering.

Any help would be appreciated to get renting a movie working.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

:)

2. MuuhSchaaf Win User

please see my reply to Eakie 87
  3. Eakie 87 Win User

Hi Matt,

I experienced this problem a while ago. The issue was due to my billing information being incorrect. You may want to consider everything is in order and hopefully you’ll be able to purchase your content.

I hope this helps

Shane
  4. Chargersbride Win User

5. MuuhSchaaf Win User

Well, as this "profile" was only created on the console itself, I can't remember if any data were even asked. I just checked the billing profile on my PC and all information are just blank but only the e-mail-address and region (wich is correctly set to
    germany). So, I guess to make renting possible I have to fill in all missing information like name and address (maybe even a phone number) - wich, quite honestly, I really don't want to. As german also the EU data protection act from may 2018 is in affect,
    wich grants me the right of anonymity. So, by the EU and german laws, it should be possible to just create an anonym profile (maybe even with mock data - law grants me right to do so), purchase a pre-paid card in a store, redeem its code and use the credit
    at my will. In a way, I see MS here not comply with these laws when it's required to enter personal information just to use money MS alread owns as it's just credited as digital credit payed with real money. I understand if MS wants some legit data when it
    comes to money transfer via bank wire (like purchase with paypal or such) - but if I want to stay anonym I should be able to do so and still use any services MS offers for the Xbox 360 console.

I didn't tried anything other than purchase games online yet, but I guess this will also fail as long as I have not filled the missing billing information.

In fact, it's not my console but from my neighbor using his console over my internet connection and an e-mail-address I created for him. So, even if it MAY seem like it's my account as I'm the owner of the domain of the e-mail-address used (and admin of
    the server hosting my own mail server) - I just can't enter data of my neighbor (as I would act against law without his permission) and I myself am just unwilling to give MS personal information just for my neighbor can use a function he already paid for by
    purchase a pre-paid card.

I'm not a lawyer, but as in EU laws of country are higher priority than what EU grants, german data protect law grants full anonymity - same for using an online service as well as anonym purchase public available pre-paid cards. Sure, it doesn't make sense
    to go to court just for a few Euros, but it still doesn't feel right to me MS requesting such data.
  6. Emreİskender Win User

FM 19 AÇILMIYOR

tekrardan baktım nat durumu açık değil
    [​IMG]
Thema:

1. renting a movie - errorcode 9049 - Similar Threads - renting movie errorcode

2. Narration while watching a rented or bought movie on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Narration while watching a rented or bought movie on Xbox One: I just rented a movie on my Xbox One and I cannot turn off the audio narration for the movie. Not to be confused the the narrator in accessibility options, which talks when you click on different...
  3. Rented movie issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rented movie issue: I just rented a movie on my Xbox 360 and it won't turn off the closed captions. I've gone to the movie settings by hitting A, and there are Audio & Subtitle options, which show an option for...
  4. Rented a movie that was in French?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rented a movie that was in French?!: I recently rented the movie “The Hustle” on the microsoft store from the New Releases Section. I watched all the trailers/previews and read the synopsis and it was ALL in English. So I rented the...
  5. No video feed on my movie rent

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No video feed on my movie rent: Cant see the video feed only the sound works on my rental of resident evil vendetta on xbox one x 20f3a125-c645-43b4-b4b7-9a4cf4a7d3cf
  6. Rented movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rented movie: This is the second time i have rented a movie and the entire thing is being narrated. Anyone know why? Is there a way to turn this off or did i rent it like this? I cant find anything to solve...
  7. trying to rent a movie - get error code 0x80c90011 xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    trying to rent a movie - get error code 0x80c90011 xbox 360: trying to rent a movie on my 360 get error code 0x80c90011 checked all security settings 15527093-1d23-46bc-9534-27fd6b81c258
  8. Getting error code 0x80c90011 when trying to rent any movie

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting error code 0x80c90011 when trying to rent any movie: Getting this error code all of the sudden 0x80c90011 cant find code anywhere. And yet again another issue in a string of issues. [img] 59fa5ed8-7055-4677-88f0-04a88dbfa803
  9. Getting "can't play" message when trying to play rented movie

in XBoX Accessibility
    Getting "can't play" message when trying to play rented movie: We rented a movie and tried to play it and it says cant play...I've paid for it and now what 47bfb639-9121-4fe4-ad55-df2dd6caad63
  10. Rented Movie will not play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rented Movie will not play: Rented Captain America Winter Soldier and it will not play, on the Xbox or on the computer. Every other movie rental plays. 7ed1a986-4587-4c6a-8dc1-e4201d9c98eb