Repeatedly sent to the store page when trying to launch an owned/installed game (Wasteland 3)

Discus and support Repeatedly sent to the store page when trying to launch an owned/installed game (Wasteland 3) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; EDIT: Game comes out in MAY, not MARCH. I'm an idiot. I'm stuck in a loop that sends me to the Microsoft Store when I try to launch a game. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GGummi, Mar 21, 2020.

1. GGummi
    GGummi Guest

Repeatedly sent to the store page when trying to launch an owned/installed game (Wasteland 3)

EDIT: Game comes out in MAY, not MARCH. I'm an idiot.

I'm stuck in a loop that sends me to the Microsoft Store when I try to launch a game.

I pre-ordered Wasteland 3 and have downloaded and installed it. When I try to launch the game it seems to load for a moment, and then takes me to the game page in the Microsoft Store. On that page there's a Play button (like any game I own and have installed),
    but when I click that it does the same thing - the Wasteland 3 image comes up, and then it takes me back to the Microsoft Store page again.

It feels kind of like what happens if you try to launch an installed game that isn't available to play yet. But I own it and it was released a couple days ago

(and I've already done all the basics - restart, cycle power, login/out, etc)

:)

GGummi, Mar 21, 2020
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with being able to launch a certain game.

According to the
    Wasteland 3
    page on the Microsoft website, it states "Available on May 18, 2020, 11:00 PM". In other words you what you have installed on your console is just some pre-install data that serves as a place holder, and as we get closer to the date, the game
    will receive a bigger update with the remaining content.

Wasteland Remastered was recently released [2/25/2020], and its possible that there may have been
    some confusion between the two.

I hope this was able to clear up any confusion this might have caused.
  3. Halafaxx Win User

Game pass games

Account active,trying to install other games,it happens with wasteland 3 may just be that game has problems thanks
  4. Natrak Win User

Being Prompted to Buy a Game Again; Game Absent From Ready To Install List

Yup, I just installed the latest Preview Dashboard and have run into this problem with the 360 games I had installed. Whenever I try to launch one I'm asked if I own the game and prompted to visit the game's store page. On that page it appears that I haven't
    bought the game in question.

None of the Backwards Compatible 360 games I own digitally are appearing in my "Ready to Install" list either. Here's hoping this issue doesn't take long to be resolved, I reported both problems.
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

fortnite disappeared

When you go to the Fortnite page in the Store, what does it show? Install? Launch? Get?
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Wasteland 3 - Not loading

Hello BrooksCarlson,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that Wasteland 3 is not able to launch on your Xbox One. The game is available to pre-order at the moment. If you take a look at

the Xbox website
    , you will see that the release date for the game is May 18, 2020. That is the reason that the game is not available to play at the moment. You can install the game so that it will be ready to launch as soon as the game is released. We hope
    this information helps BrooksCarlson!
Thema:

1. Repeatedly sent to the store page when trying to launch an owned/installed game (Wasteland 3) - Similar Threads - Repeatedly sent store

2. Repeated suspensions don’t add up. Need help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repeated suspensions don’t add up. Need help.: Alright so i was banned on 03/10/20 for comms. I sent a message with a short phrase & that was it. No curse words. Just an acronym. It was my fault & i completed my one day suspension & moved on....
  3. Ori: Will of the Wisps - Game Save Disappearing Repeatedly

in XBoX on Windows
    Ori: Will of the Wisps - Game Save Disappearing Repeatedly: Ori: Will of the Wisps keeps losing save progress. I'm on Windows10 Enterprise with OneDrive Folder Redirection. It happens every time. My process is: 1) Save at the Shrine so it says "game...
  4. Kinect Turns off repeatedly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Turns off repeatedly: Ok so my Kinect Keeps turning off then on then off then on never stays on its weird just started happening for no reason....it a brand new kinect soooo what gives xbox......
  5. Project xCloud Right Trigger Repeat Rate Too Sensitive

in XboX Insiders
    Project xCloud Right Trigger Repeat Rate Too Sensitive: While playing Sea of Thieves and viewing the ship's map table, pressing the right/left triggers to zoom in/out results in a near immediate full zoom in/out rather than a controlled zoom as it does...
  6. Xbox one turns off/on my tv repeatedly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one turns off/on my tv repeatedly: So this never used to happen before but now depending on what im doing, my xbox will turn off my tv then instantly turn it back on, (ex. Playing minecraft or watching netflix it turns off...
  7. My original xbox one turns on and off repeatedly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My original xbox one turns on and off repeatedly: Video link Others have the same issue but there's nothing online and describing the issue is even harder. f244b45d-bca3-4baf-8ca2-1a9925413afd
  8. Digital copy of Modern Warfare repeatedly saying DLC pack for multiplayer required since...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital copy of Modern Warfare repeatedly saying DLC pack for multiplayer required since...: So my digital copy says I need DLC MP pack, my settings say pack 2 is queued and will install when ready. I have been to manage app hit install and it says installed without using memory at 9gb so...
  9. Error Codes E102 / E105 Repeatedly / Xbox out of Warrany before purchase?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Codes E102 / E105 Repeatedly / Xbox out of Warrany before purchase?: Hi, My Xbox One X is now repeatedly coming up with E105/E105 error codes even after formatting and re-installing. Keeps coming up with "There is a problem with your saved games" I've cleared the...
  10. Forza Horizon 3 repeated issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 repeated issues: So this issue has happened for most of my play time of Forza - this isn’t a new thing. This is the first time it has severely affected me however. Whenever I play Forza, I pretty much always end...