Replacement adapter and still no mic.

Discus and support Replacement adapter and still no mic. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After taking my adapter back to where I bought it and exchanged it for one that will actually allow me to update my controller, I now can not get the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Turnips DCA, May 6, 2014.

1. Replacement adapter and still no mic.

After taking my adapter back to where I bought it and exchanged it for one that will actually allow me to update my controller, I now can not get the thing to allow my mic to work. It's updated fine but the mic refuses to work. Also the 2 buttons on the
    left do not work so have I got yet another faulty adapter? My Earforce X12's worked like a dream on the 360 so I know there isn't a fault with them. Thoughts please.

:)

The Turnips DCA, May 6, 2014
  2. UDVikings
    UDVikings Guest
    Others Cannot Hear Me on XBox One Headset

I bought both a standard mic, as a replacement, and a mic adapter, to use with my Beats 2 headphones. Neither are working (standard mic before and after controller update as a result of the mic adapter) on two separate controllers.

UDVikings, May 6, 2014
  3. Chat adapter mic no longer working.

So today out of nowhere the mic stopped working, can still here game sound fine. I tried everything, blowing out cords, unplugging cords, reconnecting controller, fully rebooting console, still mic doesn't work in party or game. Had it since it came out
    using with x12's worked great until now. I believe it is that little 2.5mm to 3.5mm cord adapter that broke. Mic still works fine on 360 so it's not headset. I also use headset for wii u an mic no longer works on there either, since the only thing the 2 consoles
    both use is the little cord it's probably that, 360 does not need 2.5mm adapter so works there. Im thinking I buying a replacement but don't know if any of the cords will work. One I was about to buy on amazon someone left a review saying it did not work with
    xbox chat adapter, so I'm not sure which ones will work now. The cord it came with was pretty crappy and really easy to twist up. Anyone know if a replacement cord will fully work with adapter?

Neeson-C770CE50-3049-407E-AB24-C32DC3EC61D8, May 6, 2014
  4. UDVikings Win User

Others Cannot Hear Me on XBox One Headset

I bought both a standard mic, as a replacement, and a mic adapter, to use with my Beats 2 headphones. Neither are working (standard mic before and after controller update as a result of the mic adapter) on two separate controllers.
  5. LilLouLou125 Win User

Xbox one stereo headset mic not working then when it works the sound doesnt work

it seems that your mic is fault and may need a replacement , but other than that have you tried plugging the mic into another controller ? Or tried using another adapter?
  6. UDVikings Win User

Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back

I obviously cannot speak for the others in this thread, but I'm very doubtful that it's a controller issue. I have tried two different mics (a standard mic and a mic adapter) on two different controllers, removing and replacing about 20+ times per mic with
    no luck. Because I bought a mic adapter, I did do controller updates for each of the controllers I've been using, with no issues, for over a year now.
  7. s1ay D Win User

Stereo headset adapter no longer working - stuck on mute

Deccman, this is my exact problem as well. My x1 is brand new (bought it tonight) and the cheap mic works just fine. The stereo adapter is stuck on mute.

Does the adapter need to be replaced?
  8. Lvl2 Brad Pitt Win User

Xbox Chat Issue (Mic Icon Always On Even When Unplugged)

Same problem. I've tried 4 controllers, two adapters, two mics...nothing. How do I get a replacement console?
Thema:

Replacement adapter and still no mic.

1. Replacement adapter and still no mic. - Similar Threads - Replacement adapter still

2. Adaptive controller - replace thumbsticks?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive controller - replace thumbsticks?: Hi all, Im having a lot of pain using my thumbs on the thumbsticks (being just old and suffering from arthritis) and was looking at the new adaptive controller. I was wondering if there was any...
  3. Asoka: Power supply ac adapter replacement

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Asoka: Power supply ac adapter replacement: Asoka (Powerline Adapters): Power supply ac adapter replacement hello all; I have xbpx one 500 GB since 3 years I lost my power supply ac adapter and i want to buy a new one Am living in...
  4. 110V to 220V adapter replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    110V to 220V adapter replacement: Hi, I have recently moved from US to India. I carried my XBox from US to India. The power adapter that came with the console works on 110V AC, and in India the power supply is 220V AC. I want...
  5. Xbox one PSU adapter replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one PSU adapter replacement: Hi, I am looking to purchase or exchange for Xbox one Power Supply Unit 110V-240V or 220V-240V. Does Microsoft India offer original power supply unit? Or where can I buy the original one?...
  6. Replacement 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable for headset adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable for headset adapter?: My adapter cable that came with my headset adapter broke. I was wondering how to go about getting a replacement. 8a1555e2-4501-4e69-8ed8-d6c785410354
  7. RE: SRX 1315759200 - Need your help in getting my replacement headset & adapter for xbox ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    RE: SRX 1315759200 - Need your help in getting my replacement headset & adapter for xbox ...: I have been waiting for over 6 weeks to get my replacement with no updates from support Service no - SRX 1315759200 I shipped back defective headset, adapter back to support 1st week of Nov and...
  8. Power adapter replace US for EU

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power adapter replace US for EU: Hi I have Xbox One bought in US, so it comes with 110V power adapter. But I live in Russian Federation so, I need a 220V power adapter. It is possible to replace it? Kind regards, Andrei V....
  9. xbox one stereo headset adapter: included cable 2.5mm to 3.5 mm adapter, where can i replace ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one stereo headset adapter: included cable 2.5mm to 3.5 mm adapter, where can i replace ...: i have the xbox one stereo head set adapter included with this was a 2.5mm to 3.5 mm adapter for the headset chat cable i need to replace just the 2.5mm to 3.5 mm adapter how do i go about...
  10. Anyone know where I can find a replacement wire for the chat adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone know where I can find a replacement wire for the chat adapter?: This is like my 4th chat adapter I've gone through, this last one has lasted 6 months but you bet your sweet a** it gave out and its not even the adapter itself, its the flimsy/ultra thin wire. So...