Replacement XBox One X Error Updating

Discus and support Replacement XBox One X Error Updating in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just received a replacement XBox One X under warranty. However I keep getting error 0x80072F8F when it tries to do an initial update during setup.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dan_F78, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Dan_F78
    Dan_F78 Guest

I just received a replacement XBox One X under warranty.

However I keep getting error 0x80072F8F when it tries to do an initial update during setup.

This is apparently due to a connection so I removed the ethernet cable and tried two different wireless connections. Sometimes It reports the connection is good while other times it reports network is good with an issue on the server side. No issues reported in service status though.

I have tried resetting the console to factory, but no difference.

I tried an offline update which throws an E101 error.

The os build that came with it is 10.0.18363.7196 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1910.191016-1200) which google searching seems to be an insider or developers release and may be why OSU isn't working.

Any pointers to solve this?

:)

Dan_F78, Jan 11, 2022
  2. Dan_F78 Win User

Thanks Jesse. I just tried to submit an order, but it is reporting an error too..... Will try again later...
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Short answer to this is you need to send the console back to Microsoft for another replacement. I'm sorry about that
  4. KingOfTheRen Win User

Xbox vs PC

On the Xbox One X for me, best performance cost wise and personally for me I'll settle with lower frame rates over having to constantly update and replace my PC.
  5. FI916 Win User

Getting error 0x80072F8F 0x00000000 0x00000201 on new console when I try to update

Same here. Got a new X and can’t get past the update. Get the same error codes
    After multiple failed factory resets, I returned mine and bought a new replacement. The replacement worked on the first try, so possibly a defective unit.
  6. alb4 Win User

4K Blu-Ray discs not playing via app

Im sincerely happy for you unfortunately for me i just replaced with a new xbox one x and received the same errors so will be asking for a complete refund and opt for astand alone 4k player
Thema:

1. Replacement XBox One X Error Updating - Similar Threads - Replacement Error Updating

2. Replacing a game that was purchased in error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Replacing a game that was purchased in error: Hello, We ordered the incorrect NHL '22 game (Next Gen). Can you replace it with NHL '22 Current Gen? 19b5f021-2a2d-4ffb-9374-127cac77a83c
  3. hi when i try to replace the realms world this error appears Unable to package your world...

in XBoX on Windows
    hi when i try to replace the realms world this error appears Unable to package your world...: hi when i try to replace the realms world this error appears Unable to package your world file for upload. Maybe your hard drive is full? game on nintendo swith 0f1e4f12-4829-4195-b9cf-795ecfb6c462
  4. Microsoft Store Cookies error regarding submitting replacement request for Xbox Series 2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store Cookies error regarding submitting replacement request for Xbox Series 2...: I am currently trying to process a replacement controller as my current Elite Controller has a broken thumbstick. However, when I reach the last page to pay for shipping I'm greeted with an error...
  5. Error 105 and 102 AFTER HDD replacement

in XboX Insiders
    Error 105 and 102 AFTER HDD replacement: Hi ladies and gents of the community. I come to you hat in hands, my issued started a few months back where I couldn't load up I tried multiple resets to no avail contacted xbox and they advised...
  6. Replacing Internal HDD with SSD results in errors

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacing Internal HDD with SSD results in errors: Hello, For about a week now my hard drive in my Xbox One S has been steadily failing. So, after it completely stopped loading the dashboard, I broke down and bought an SSD to replace the internal...
  7. Device Service and Replacement Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Device Service and Replacement Error: I am trying to send back my xbox and create a request however the icon underneath continues to spin and nothing is happening on step 3 of 5. I have tried deleting cookies and using Edge as well as...
  8. Internal HDD replacement gave me an error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internal HDD replacement gave me an error.: So... The other day I took my 1TB internal HDD and replaced it with a 2TB inernal HDD. I booted up my console and got an Error code E102. But what I want to know is... Why exactly did this...
  9. Error When Replacing A World On My Realm

in XBoX on Windows
    Error When Replacing A World On My Realm: when I try to replace the realm it says "An error occured". I don't know what to do right know and I just hope that one of you guys knows a solution to that problem....
  10. Device service and replacement registration error 6y9JbrtrhECMuigy.38

in XBoX on Consoles
    Device service and replacement registration error 6y9JbrtrhECMuigy.38: Hello when i try to register my Xbox, on 3rd step i receive such error, all support what Microsoft provide now its talking with robot online or write to forum. Hope forum helps, any one meet...