Replacing an external HDD

Discus and support Replacing an external HDD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am using an 1 TB external HDD on my Xbox one. I just bought a 2 TB external HDD, which I want to use instead of the old one. Is it a way to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FloChercher, Sep 28, 2019.

1. FloChercher
    FloChercher Guest

Hello, I am using an 1 TB external HDD on my Xbox one. I just bought a 2 TB external HDD, which I want to use instead of the old one. Is it a way to transfer to content from the old one to the new one?

Thank you

:)

FloChercher, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Ironwilled Win User

3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi FloChercher,

I'm glad you were able to get help here on the Xbox forums. We'll be locking the thread as the question has been answered. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. For those
    reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create your own thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again, and have a great day!
  4. killerbasti Win User

Dashboard freeze

Is there any solution ? my X1 was replaced everything fine for 2 weeks but now it freezes again after exit an app oder game?

when using a external hdd it seems to force the error 2 apair but it also happens without external hdd.

i m getting so angry about this send it back today for another replacement
  5. Elohmn Win User

external hard drive on xbox360?

It's also important to note, an External Hard Drive is not used the same by the Xbox 360 is an Official HDD. It will simply "see" the External Drive as a means of Storage. It does not replace an Official HDD as some Features from
    either or both Xbox LIVE or a specific Game will not work without an Official Xbox 360 HDD.
  6. KiD neru Win User

Xbox one x defected hdd

Not sure it will help current issue but going forward may be worth investing in external HDD for game content and using internal HDD for system only.

External HDDs are pretty cheap nowadays and easily replaced in event worst happens. Sure I read somwhere also enhances performance but not 100% sure on that.
Thema:

1. Replacing an external HDD - Similar Threads - Replacing external HDD

2. Elite Series 2 Repair/ Replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Repair/ Replacement: Hi Folks, I bought my Elite Series 2 controller back in December 2019. Now I've checked and registered my controller and it's still under warranty. Now REALLY stupid question but ive gotten the...
  3. Had a faulty XBOX replaced - signed in with my account and it's on the "preview" OS?

in XboX Insiders
    Had a faulty XBOX replaced - signed in with my account and it's on the "preview" OS?: This is my 3rd xbox, the other two were faulty and would give me no signal and blinking with my screen(s) so.... I took it back and got it replaced. signed into my XBOX account, wondered why the...
  4. I uninstalled my mkxl because of game pass replacing the disc version and making the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I uninstalled my mkxl because of game pass replacing the disc version and making the...: GamePass sucks. It replaced my MKXL disc version with DLC with a downloaded version with no dlc and now i uninstalled and reinstalling it from MS store while my disc in the console. However i am...
  5. Power Supply Replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Replacement: I’m looking for some suggestions on reliable 3rd party power supplies for an original Xbox One (not S or X). I’m specifically looking for a 3rd party power supply as I cannot order one directly...
  6. Replacement Controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Replacement Controller: January 13, I sent an email in a request for warranty on my Xbox controller that came with the one x I got the replacement and a fast timely manner but after using It I realized the view button...
  7. Replacing parts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacing parts: Some of the rubber grips on the bottom of my gears of war 4 special edition xbox have come off. Can i get these replaced at all ? 2a93f84f-d1de-456f-bdd4-ee8ad71e05f4
  8. How to get Elite extras back after replacement?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get Elite extras back after replacement?: My Elite controller was malfunctioning and under warranty so Microsoft said to send it back for a replacement. I missed the part where it said “bare controller” so I sent the whole package back -...
  9. Replacing EXTERNAL hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacing EXTERNAL hard drive: I've been running a 3TB external drive on my XBox One for quite a while as my default installation drive. It's now showing symptoms of possibly going bad (beeping occasionally, and isn't...
  10. Replacing external HDD, xbox with latest update prompts for system update on boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacing external HDD, xbox with latest update prompts for system update on boot: Original Xbox 360 with 20GB hard drive that is no longer working. Using external usb drives and flash drives. I couldn't update the system via Xbox Live because the I didn't have any disk space....