Replacing an external HDD

Discus and support Replacing an external HDD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am using an 1 TB external HDD on my Xbox one. I just bought a 2 TB external HDD, which I want to use instead of the old one. Is it a way to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FloChercher, Sep 28, 2019.

1. FloChercher
    FloChercher Guest

Hello, I am using an 1 TB external HDD on my Xbox one. I just bought a 2 TB external HDD, which I want to use instead of the old one. Is it a way to transfer to content from the old one to the new one?

Thank you

:)

FloChercher, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Ironwilled Win User

3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi FloChercher,

I'm glad you were able to get help here on the Xbox forums. We'll be locking the thread as the question has been answered. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. For those
    reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create your own thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again, and have a great day!
  4. killerbasti Win User

Dashboard freeze

Is there any solution ? my X1 was replaced everything fine for 2 weeks but now it freezes again after exit an app oder game?

when using a external hdd it seems to force the error 2 apair but it also happens without external hdd.

i m getting so angry about this send it back today for another replacement
  5. Elohmn Win User

external hard drive on xbox360?

It's also important to note, an External Hard Drive is not used the same by the Xbox 360 is an Official HDD. It will simply "see" the External Drive as a means of Storage. It does not replace an Official HDD as some Features from
    either or both Xbox LIVE or a specific Game will not work without an Official Xbox 360 HDD.
  6. Mannishpatil Win User

Hitman (the complete 1st season) and Earth Defense Force 2025 are now available through the Games with Gold program.

Hitman Season 1 for me. My External HDD crashed and awaiting a replacement. Hopefully, I can download it then.
Thema:

1. Replacing an external HDD - Similar Threads - Replacing external HDD

2. XBox One - original - power supply replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One - original - power supply replacement: Any suggestions on how I can get my hands on another power supply for XBox one original? c54d4961-ea15-4813-a660-e5236eb28cd0
  3. Controller still falls under the warranty but can't request for a replacement.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller still falls under the warranty but can't request for a replacement.: Hi everyone, So my customized controller is not working correctly, the RS drifts up and when I start up my xbox, instead of just moving up/down/left/right with 1 step at the time, my controller...
  4. Getting Xbox Elite Controller replaced

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Xbox Elite Controller replaced: I’m trying to find a way, to get my Xbox Elite controller replaced, the left stick is non-responsive, whenever I try to register it for repair it won’t let me do it. It says please register xbox...
  5. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Replacement - Worse than the one i sent in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Replacement - Worse than the one i sent in: So i sent in my Xbox Elite Controller after 6 months of owning it because it was getting bad stick drift. Playing Pubg, I had turned deadzone up to 17 and it was still drifting. Making me walk and...
  6. Remplaso De control Xbox tiempo de Solicitud [Mod Translation-Xbox Control replacement...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remplaso De control Xbox tiempo de Solicitud [Mod Translation-Xbox Control replacement...: Queonda Que Pex Hello Brothers Loque Pasa esque Pedi Un Remplaso de Un control De Xbox One Y me Dijeron Te Contactamos dentro de 3 a 5 dias este es el 6 y ni señales del panadero alguien sabe...
  7. Controller sostitutivo ancora non consegnato [Translate] Replacement controller still not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller sostitutivo ancora non consegnato [Translate] Replacement controller still not...: Salve.Un mese fa spedii il mio controller rotto all'assistenza di xbox in Germania,Francoforte.Qualche giorno dopo mi arrivò l'email in cui mi dissero che mi stavano spedendo il controller...
  8. New Xbox to replace Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox to replace Xbox One?: Is there a new Xbox Platform coming out that will replace the Xbox One? 2ebd2f3a-53c3-4a67-8a1e-6002aa2805e2
  9. Replacing EXTERNAL hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacing EXTERNAL hard drive: I've been running a 3TB external drive on my XBox One for quite a while as my default installation drive. It's now showing symptoms of possibly going bad (beeping occasionally, and isn't...
  10. Replacing external HDD, xbox with latest update prompts for system update on boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacing external HDD, xbox with latest update prompts for system update on boot: Original Xbox 360 with 20GB hard drive that is no longer working. Using external usb drives and flash drives. I couldn't update the system via Xbox Live because the I didn't have any disk space....