Replacing the Xbox One Hard Drive with one from a banned system - Is this possible?

Discus and support Replacing the Xbox One Hard Drive with one from a banned system - Is this possible? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, we've a few Xbox consoles in the family and i've been setting up an Xbox One for my daughter, however each time its booted up it fails with a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MattJRogers, Oct 16, 2020.

1. MattJRogers
    MattJRogers Guest

Replacing the Xbox One Hard Drive with one from a banned system - Is this possible?

Hi,

we've a few Xbox consoles in the family and i've been setting up an Xbox One for my daughter, however each time its booted up it fails with a 'E106' error and you can hear the hard drive arm clicking. So I think the hard drive might be on the way out.

We also have an Xbox One console , which my son managed to get banned. Obviously this is useless as far as online gaming, however I was thinking about swapping over the hard drives so I can get at least one console working properly.

Does anyone know:

1. Is this possible? Is the 'ban' only on the Xbox One mac address/serial number? i.e. it won't move over with the hard drive to the other console.

2. Is this allowed? I know this means pulling apart both consoles and I don't want to do this and render both consoles banned/unusable.

3. I can imagine there are lots of YouTube videos showing how to do this, does anyone have a recommended one?

4. Any gotcha's I need to look out for if I do decide to do this? Any advice would be grateful.

Many thanks in advance

:)

MattJRogers, Oct 16, 2020
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Your talking about self repair, as of which self repair cannot be talked about on these forums. It is against the TOU, and forum guidelines.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Is it possible to change the internal HDD?

A normal Xbox One hard drive is silent. If yours is loud, there is obviously something wrong with it. And no you can not replace it yourself. If attempt to do so your console will be banned from accessing Xbox LIVE.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

XBOX ONE Hdd content

The Hard drive in the Xbox One is not designed to be user replaceable. If you open your console and replace it, you not only void your console warranty, you will also run the risk of your console being banned from accessing LIVE. No one on this forum can
    assist you.
  5. Ky3217 Win User

How much GB will the Xbox One Hard Drive be exactly?

6. BrianGunter Win User

cd drive

You can get banned from Xbox LIVE for replacing your DVD drive. Sadly they consider it "system tampering".
Thema:

1. Replacing the Xbox One Hard Drive with one from a banned system - Is this possible? - Similar Threads - Replacing Hard Drive

2. Stuck on Troubleshoot screen after hard drive replacement.

in XboX Insiders
    Stuck on Troubleshoot screen after hard drive replacement.: My xbox was apart of the insider programme and my internal hard drive died so i replaced it and now its stuck on the troubleshoot screen. Whenever i boot up the console it fails at 6-8% and i get...
  3. Hard drive replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive replacement: My xbox one x will not power on, so I wish to replace it. How do I transfer my hard drive from the old one to the new one? 12f8489c-8fa6-4f52-a2a2-3c7d90af74d5
  4. Hard Drive Replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard Drive Replacement: A year or so back, my Xbox One X constantly failed to connect to Xbox Live, and even had trouble reaching my network at times (both wired and wireless). I did a hard reset and it would work for a...
  5. How do I replace an Xbox One X hard drive? Without causing damage or getting software issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I replace an Xbox One X hard drive? Without causing damage or getting software issues?: It seems like for research, I want to upgrade my capacity of internal storage because I am tired of having to delete games to install other ones, I want to upgrade my XBOX One, not just my Xbox...
  6. Replacing Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacing Hard Drive: Once I replace my Xbox One hard drive are there any extra steps? Do I need to download anything after replacing the hard drive? 67ba1c12-fccd-4b19-8b6e-e619c5155a2b
  7. Can I replace my Xbox One's internal hard drive with an external one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I replace my Xbox One's internal hard drive with an external one?: See previous post here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-2014-gone-into-meltdown-overnight-please/a56b68f8-b432-4237-9349-8e7630318085 I believe the internal hard drive...
  8. Xbox one e101 error after hard drive replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one e101 error after hard drive replacement: I have a xbox one original and it had given me an e200 error and I looked that up and most people said it was hard drive related so I replaced the hard drive with a 500gb wd black and it worked...
  9. Replace Xbox hard drive with a empty hard drive running Windows 10?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replace Xbox hard drive with a empty hard drive running Windows 10?: I was wondering if it were possible to replace the hard drive in my xbox one to a hard drive with a install file of Windows 10. It seems like it would be possible, what I am really asking is if...
  10. Just Replace New Hard Drive for my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just Replace New Hard Drive for my Xbox One: Need Help, I follow all the step from online and it was about to update offline and then it stop there and keeping going on the same menu screen. Did I missing something here please reply back...