Repost from /r/XboxOne. Console Companion app streaming isn't working after Windows update.

Discus and support Repost from /r/XboxOne. Console Companion app streaming isn't working after Windows update. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just updated Windows (edit: version 1903) after getting a message that the April edition will no longer be supported and afterwords when trying to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ACanadianOwl, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Repost from /r/XboxOne. Console Companion app streaming isn't working after Windows update.

I just updated Windows (edit: version 1903) after getting a message that the April edition will no longer be supported and afterwords when trying to stream from my Xbox One X to my computer (so I can watch YouTube on one screen and play CoD on the other) all I get is this message saying "game streaming is turned off on your Xbox One, please enable it in system/preferences".

Google-Fu led me to a bunch of 2015 issues after a Windows update, but reinstalling media packs, hard resets of computer and Xbox, and using the beta version of the app all don't work.

Anyone else having issues or had any luck with something like this?

submitted by /u/ACanadianOwl
    [link] [comments]

/u/ACanadianOwl, Aug 15, 2019
  2. OakGill Win User

Differences?

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/apps-help/how-to-use-game-streaming-in-xbox-console-companion-app

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/bzfkek/what_is_the_difference_between_the_xbox_app_beta/

Above I have provided a couple links that you can copy and paste into a web browser to learn more about the subject. I hope this helps.
  3. Archersaurus22 Win User

OneGuide missing from App

They have officially responded on reddit:

"OneGuide, including the guide, TV controls, and TV streaming, were removed from the Windows versions of the Xbox app. To use OneGuide on Windows, get the Xbox One SmartGlass app in the Windows Store. OneGuide is still part of the Xbox app on iOS and Android."

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/62t1sc/windows_10_creators_update_faq_posted_33117/
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

using my HP laptop as a tv

You need to stream your console to your laptop (Has to have Windows 10) with The Xbox Console Companion app. Start the Xbox One, then start the Console companion app, then select the connect icon on the left side of the app, and your console should show,
    just select it, and select stream, that will then stream your console to your laptop.
  5. nrjohnston Win User

New Xbox App - Streaming from console

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-streaming/console-streaming Try that.
    Thank you for replying - but that link is for mobile devices specifically, not Windows 10 devices, which is what the OP was asking about.

Currently, the Xbox Console Companion streaming still works on Windows 10. The reason OP was asking about the Xbox app on Windows 10 is because the Xbox Console Companion app is prompting users to install the Xbox app, which does not have streaming support.
    I know that there is supposed to be a new Console Streaming app on Windows 10 later this year, but it is not available yet. I was just clarifying that for the OP and anyone else asking the same question about the new app, since I came here with the same question.
  6. Chungus Chaz Win User

Xbox One X black screen HELP

With windows 10 you can stream your console using the companion app using WiFi
Thema:

Repost from /r/XboxOne. Console Companion app streaming isn't working after Windows update.

1. Repost from /r/XboxOne. Console Companion app streaming isn't working after Windows update. - Similar Threads - Repost XboxOne Console

2. Ping/Crazy lag Spikes/Repost/Not Answered

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ping/Crazy lag Spikes/Repost/Not Answered: Hi you all. Hoping I can get some support. For whatever reason, when I moved into my new place, i have high latency on my xbox. I have the second highest internet package you can buy from my...
  3. This is a high quality big effort non ranting non repost post!

in XboX Insiders
    This is a high quality big effort non ranting non repost post!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of0m82D5EJs Duh mi nem iz tranazz ihaz2remuveurposeurdurhuurrhurrrhurrerrrderduhdererr submitted by /u/Soulless1666 [link] [comments]
  4. Repost of 1440p@120hz bug. Still a thing.

in XboX Insiders
    Repost of 1440p@120hz bug. Still a thing.: submitted by /u/HastyBasher [link] [comments]
  5. Moonlighter Crashes on Game Pass PC - reposted as requested.

in XBoX on Windows
    Moonlighter Crashes on Game Pass PC - reposted as requested.: Mods locked a previous thread on this topic and this issue is still ongoing (previous post was in June/July) so I am reposting as requested. Moonlighter was previously working fine, it now...
  6. No idea which cable my Xbox One needs. (Repost due to old one being closed)

in XBoX on Consoles
    No idea which cable my Xbox One needs. (Repost due to old one being closed): Hi! So I have just bought an Xbox One without a cable off of ebay. I have no idea which power cable I need to plug it in! Please help! (Picture of xbox cable in)...
  7. Repost. Xbox live enforcement is a joke.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Repost. Xbox live enforcement is a joke.: I'm tired of being suspended for little to know reason. I just got suspended for my profile pic that XBOX let me put(which wasn't even bad it was just a life is strange picture). How can you...
  8. Xbox Live Promotion Fail. (Reposted)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Promotion Fail. (Reposted): Four months ago I purchased a promotion deal were you buy three months of gold and get three for free. I was expecting that within the first few months the digital code for the other three months...
  9. No Voices of War (repost)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    No Voices of War (repost): I watched HCS on Sunday two weeks ago while signed in with this account I originally posted about the problem a week ago here. No HCS Mixpot (Halo 5 Voices of War Req Pack) I apologize if...
  10. Reposting a post to comfirm answere.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reposting a post to comfirm answere.: Achievement Glitching Hello! About 3 month ago i did a post of 2 achievement in Gears of War 4 was glitching and imossible to unlock. I was told to do a survey but think that was unsuccessful...