request refund of Xbox Live purchases

Discus and support request refund of Xbox Live purchases in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hello, How can I receive a refund of my purchase of Xbox Live Membership? It states at... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by StriatedMallard, Jun 10, 2014.

1. request refund of Xbox Live purchases

Hello,

How can I receive a refund of my purchase of Xbox Live Membership? It states at

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/xbox-live-membership/live-faq?icid=furl_livefaq

"Q: Will I be able to cancel my Gold membership?

A: Yes. With the Xbox One and Xbox 360 updates now available, Xbox Live Gold members who have purchased a paid membership before June 4, 2014 and activated that membership before June 30, 2014, can cancel and receive a pro-rata refund of any unused remaining
    days between the date of cancellation and the date their paid Gold membership ends. Cancellation and pro-rata refund requests must be made by August 31, 2014 and require six to eight weeks for processing. Free or trial Gold memberships are not eligible for
    a refund. To request your pro-rata refund, please click Contact Us | Xbox Support.***"

I called and asked for a refund. They stated they could not refund due to the fact that I purchased from a third party. I would like to receive a refund. It does not say anything about having to have purchased directly from Microsoft in the published
    note above.

Thanks!

:)

StriatedMallard, Jun 10, 2014
  2. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest
    new game

Did you purchase this digitally through the xbox? If so you can request a refund here :

Request an Xbox digital product or subscription refund

For future reference, Games that require Xbox live will tell you in the overview, "REQUIRES XBOX LIVE GOLD, SOLD SEPARATELY."

Hope this helps!

XBF Chris J, Jun 10, 2014
  3. RandyAU93
    RandyAU93 Guest
    i need refund

You may request a refund via
    Xbox Live Support
    or by reviewing your recent purchases at the
    Microsoft Account
    site. Go to your recent purchase history (under Payments & billing). If the product is eligible for a refund, a link labeled "request a refund" will appear next to the item.

You can also try
    this page
    to submit a request. Keep in mind, however, that not all products can be refunded.

RandyAU93, Jun 10, 2014
  4. request refund of Xbox Live purchases

StriatedMallard hey there request refund of Xbox Live purchases :)

I would imagine that only the billing team (via phone support) can grant refunds and if they have denied you due to the above reasons, then that would be at their sole discretion.

At the foot of the page you have linked to, it does say that :

*** All refunds must be requested at the same time through customer support (i.e., one refund request per customer). Proof-of-purchase documentation may be required. Microsoft reserves the right to deny any refund request that it deems to be fraudulent.

Although it doesn't openly suggest that you must purchase from Microsoft directly, the disclaimer is there. I would imagine this prevents users from purchasing cheaper 3rd party memberships and receiving a refund from Microsoft, more than the value of the
    cheaper purchase. This method could be deemed as fraudulent, though that is just my best guess for this scenario and I am by no means accusing you of this.

My advice would be to contact phone support again and point this out to them for more clarity and understanding.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Mark Sherwood, Jun 10, 2014
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

new game

Did you purchase this digitally through the xbox? If so you can request a refund here :

Request an Xbox digital product or subscription refund

For future reference, Games that require Xbox live will tell you in the overview, "REQUIRES XBOX LIVE GOLD, SOLD SEPARATELY."

Hope this helps!
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

Hello

7. Mark Sherwood Win User

StriatedMallard hey there :)

I would imagine that only the billing team (via phone support) can grant refunds and if they have denied you due to the above reasons, then that would be at their sole discretion.

At the foot of the page you have linked to, it does say that :

*** All refunds must be requested at the same time through customer support (i.e., one refund request per customer). Proof-of-purchase documentation may be required. Microsoft reserves the right to deny any refund request that it deems to be fraudulent.

Although it doesn't openly suggest that you must purchase from Microsoft directly, the disclaimer is there. I would imagine this prevents users from purchasing cheaper 3rd party memberships and receiving a refund from Microsoft, more than the value of the
    cheaper purchase. This method could be deemed as fraudulent, though that is just my best guess for this scenario and I am by no means accusing you of this.

My advice would be to contact phone support again and point this out to them for more clarity and understanding.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
  8. RandyAU93 Win User

Late payment

You will need to discuss this with
    Xbox Live Support
    . You may also be able to get a refund on your paid subscription by submitting a refund request

at this site
  9. StuartATrueRed Win User

Buy a bad extension

Thema:

1. request refund of Xbox Live purchases - Similar Threads - request refund Live

2. Why can't I request a refund for Gears 5?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I request a refund for Gears 5?: I bought it on September 5th, Installed it, played it for about 30 minutes, and then I realized it was available on Steam. After going through everything multiple times, I cannot find a way to...
  3. 환불요청 [Translate] Request a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    환불요청 [Translate] Request a refund: 몇일 친구와 마인크래프트를 하기위해 결 를 했는데 멀티게임을 수가 없었어요. 알 보니 마이크로소프트 스 어가 아니라 마인크래프트 홈페이지에서 결 를 해야 같이 게임을 수 있는거더군요. 그래서 가구매한 마인크래프트 게임을 환불 하기를 원합니다. 피드백 부탁드립니다. {Translate by Mod] I paid to play...
  4. Cannot request refund, submit button is grayed out.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot request refund, submit button is grayed out.: I've been trying for hours to refund DLC for a game on Xbox One that I do not own but the Submit button is grayed out and I cannot submit it even though I've filled out every box. I've tried...
  5. 게임 환불 요청 [Translation-Game refund request]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    게임 환불 요청 [Translation-Game refund request]: 주문번호 : [Mod Removed-Personal Information] 게임 구매를 잘못 보 한것 같습니다. 현재 구입한것은 Forza Horizon4 얼티밋 추가 콘텐 번들이 원래 구입하 한것은 Forza Horizon4 얼티밋 에디션을 구매하 했습니다 게임패스를 구매해서 용한 상태에서 구입한거라서 추가 콘텐 번들로 구입한거 같습니다....
  6. 심즈4 환불부탁합니다. [Translate] Sims 4 request a refund.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    심즈4 환불부탁합니다. [Translate] Sims 4 request a refund.: 한글판인 줄 알 구매했는데 영어로 진행해야해서 환불하 싶습니다. [Translate by Mod] I would definitely stay here again. 28e38604-7906-47ad-84f4-e3ddecc48bcf
  7. 포르자 호라이즌4 환불요청 어떻게하나요? [Translate] How do I request a refund for Forza Horizon4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    포르자 호라이즌4 환불요청 어떻게하나요? [Translate] How do I request a refund for Forza Horizon4?: 가원하는방향과 게임이 달라서 환불요청하 싶습니다 [Translate by Mod] I want to ask for a refund because the direction and the game i want is different. 540880ae-d1c9-499f-9160-63a963a62430
  8. The request refund page isn’t working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The request refund page isn’t working.: I accidentally bought two of the same gem pack in Smite, so i requested a refund and they took the gems from me but said I must talk to Xbox for my money back. I came here to try and do that, went...
  9. How do I request a refund for a game that is free for live gold but charged?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I request a refund for a game that is free for live gold but charged?: I have Xbox Live Gold pass. Yesterday I claimed a game which is provided by Live Gold, but instead it was charged from my credit card. Looked into my billing history from account.microsoft.com,...
  10. Xbox Live Refund Request

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Refund Request: [Mod removed] Back in November 2014, I purchased a 1-month subscription on Xbox Live, to be able to play online in Halo 4. I purchased this subscription with my Paypal account on my Xbox console;...