Request to Release new set of inactive gamertags

Discus and support Request to Release new set of inactive gamertags in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Please release new inactive gamertags in order for me to be able to get my desired gamertag that is already linked to an inactive account. I wish to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by whatkins, Aug 4, 2021.

1. whatkins
    whatkins Guest

Please release new inactive gamertags in order for me to be able to get my desired gamertag that is already linked to an inactive account. I wish to have " " to be reserved under my account in order for to have it once available.

:)

whatkins, Aug 4, 2021
  2. Daft Badger Win User

You can not "reserve" a gamertag.

Gamertags are used on other services,not just xbox live,so you have no way of knowing whether a gamertag is in use or not.

Due to the new (ish) system that is in place there will be no more mass releases of inactive tags.

As of August 2016 if a gamertag is not used on any of Microsoft services for 5 years then it may be freed up & as of August 2019 if the account that a gamertag is linked to does not sign into any of Microsoft services for 2 years then the tag may be freed up.

The earliest any unused tag may be freed up is the end of this month (Aug 2021) so you will have to keep checking then.

If not then you can have the desired gamertag with a hashtag & numbers after it.
  3. coco meat train Win User

How to delete your old gamer tag

I believe after a set amount of inactivity old Gamertags are deleted and made available to new players and people requesting to change their Gamertag.
  4. Mister Beep Win User

Is there anyway for Microsoft to reset a gamertag for me?

Hey there,

Thanks for posting1 We're unable to reset Gamertags over the forums, however keep in mind that inactive Gamertags are released every 5 years, but only if they've been inactive. Since these threads can turn into Gamertag request threads, this will be closed.
    Good luck!
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

wants recycle iNJ gamertag.

You cannot request to get an inactive gamertag. Microsoft periodically releases them so you will have to wait until they do.
  6. iMaGeS-8DD2FA1E-8CBD Win User

Original gamertag is inaccessible & GLITCHED due to a inactive spaced version

Inactive spaced gamertags should be removed and released. They are inactive, 100 percent inactive place holding gamertags.
Thema:

1. Request to Release new set of inactive gamertags - Similar Threads - Request Release set

2. Xbox Requests: Week of September 17th, 2021

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of September 17th, 2021: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  3. [Request] Share Clips to Party Members

in XboX Insiders
    [Request] Share Clips to Party Members: Can MS XBL team please add a feature to share a Clip to current party? Right now you can only share to Recent chat groups, activity feed, etc. this would be very useful as sometimes you are in a...
  4. Xbox Requests: Week of September 10th, 2021

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of September 10th, 2021: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  5. Backwards Compatibility Request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatibility Request: I was wondering, as a Call of Duty Fan, if you guys would allow every other Call of Duty to be backwards compatible. Almost every Call of Duty is but there are 4 that are missing which is listed...
  6. Is xbox even seeing our requests???

in XboX Insiders
    Is xbox even seeing our requests???: I’ve been on this subreddit for a but and have seen the most upvoted things in the requests page for each week. Yet I haven’t seen any of them added. Is there some sort of behind the scenes...
  7. Can't request a release of points

in XBoX Rewards
    Can't request a release of points: I requested well over a week ago to have my points I've earned to be converted to points. I have still no gotten the points despite the "Next Deposit Date" having past already. Now I don't even...
  8. Release an unused gamertag request?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Release an unused gamertag request?: I was just chatting with Microsoft support concerning the release of a gamertag that's being used by an inactive account. They told me I would have to make a public request for this gamertag and...
  9. Gamertag release request

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag release request: Can you put the gamertag "" on your list of inactive gamertags to release? The tag seems to belong to an account with absolutely no activity. 2ba5f26e-c51a-47d1-81e0-70744eb3760b
  10. Request Xbox Gamertag Released

in XBoX on Consoles
    Request Xbox Gamertag Released: I was directed here by Xbox Live support representative "Albert" to request that the gamertag "Adaxus" be freed for use. It appears the account is very old and inactive....