Requesting a new digital code for a gift card

Discus and support Requesting a new digital code for a gift card in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My friend from Canada had sent me a code for a $15 Xbox gift card, but when I tried to claim it, it said I had to change regions in order to do so. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Baepxsae, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Baepxsae
    Baepxsae Guest

My friend from Canada had sent me a code for a $15 Xbox gift card, but when I tried to claim it, it said I had to change regions in order to do so. I went through the site to troubleshoot this, and I had ended up emailing Microsoft to just request a new
    digital code for the gift card. It has been 8 days since I initially emailed them, and I've sent 2 follow-up emails just like it had told me to if they hadn't replied within 24 hours.

I'm just wanting to ask if there's a faster fix to this: should I send another email to Microsoft or not try at all since they probably won't end up giving me another code? Or should I just keep waiting for a response? I know I've seen people saying that
    they don't operate during non-business days, but it's been a whole 8 days. Thank you in advance.

:)

Baepxsae, Jan 26, 2020
  2. LFC JAY E 9193 Win User

Fortnite

Hello my name's Jay.

There's a new self-help link to help with a gift card or digital code.
    Here it is:

https://xbox.com/code

You should be able to request a replacement on that link.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Unfortunately, Microsoft can't help in that case. They can't revoke gift card codes and also can't change the currency for you.

So if your friend sent you a Gift card from a country different than yours, it won't work. The only way to resolve this is to return the code to your friend, so he can use it in Canada himself.

Gifting things doesn't work across different regions, so if your friend really wants to send you a Microsoft Gift card, they'll have to go to Amazon for example and order a Gift card from your country.

Microsoft will not issue you a new code, as they legally can't do currency conversion like that.
  4. Bandido1508 Win User

You cannot move currency between countries, this against government and commerce regulations. You can only purchase gift cards for your currency in your country and you can only use your current currency on your account. Do not try to change regions
    on your account to use a gift card, this may cause serious complications with your account. Microsoft will not reimburse for a card that is not the correct currency.
  5. BlackRhino90 Win User

Im sure they have a lot of traffic that comes through. I would give them another couple days and send another email. If you dont get a response try an old fashioned phone call. You can see the numbers here https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us
  6. xJCplDxSHESHO Win User

Tell your friend, not recommended if they are not long, enter your account and enter the gift card.
Thema:

1. Requesting a new digital code for a gift card - Similar Threads - Requesting digital code

2. Extradition request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Extradition request: I bought a game called Minecraft dungeons on May 29, 2020. I received a refund request in 2020. As a result, my refund request was rejected. Why was it rejected? I just bought the game and want...
  3. [Request] Project Zero for backward compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Request] Project Zero for backward compatibility: I want to suggest to add to the backward compatibility this two great horror games: Project Zero https://www.3djuegos.com/31522/project-zero/ Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly...
  4. How to request refund for a game I bought as a gift

in XBoX on Windows
    How to request refund for a game I bought as a gift: Hi, community, I have just bought Minecraft Dungeons as a gift for my teenager and redeemed the code from her account (different than the one that purchased from). After three reinstalls and...
  5. I put in a request for a refund for monster hunter world iceborne digital deluxe edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I put in a request for a refund for monster hunter world iceborne digital deluxe edition: I bought it because i was interested in it at first but as soon as i got hands on playing with it, i felt my interest go down the drain as i didnt realise how indepth it is and that it was so...
  6. Request a refund for a digital purchase

in XBoX on Consoles
    Request a refund for a digital purchase: I took the game Remember me ) ....It did not appear on my device) 01/10/19 12:51 am Now I want to return my money 339422b8-0805-4743-b848-12638c91469d
  7. Submit button disappears while inputting information in digital refund request form.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Submit button disappears while inputting information in digital refund request form.: As the title states, I'm trying to complete a refund for a game my nephew purchased. (I know, my fault for not having a pin set up. That's been resolved) However, when I select the options "I...
  8. Request new digital code for an xbox gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Request new digital code for an xbox gift card: I mis scratched my gift card and I wanted a new digital code, but could not find the appropriate link. Anyone knows how to do it? 58033cc4-5745-4e62-8fb6-f1c1ecdb39eb
  9. Request a refund for a digital purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Request a refund for a digital purchase: Hello I purchased a game accidentally through Xbox one interface On 30/11/2018 ,order number 9665286507 , I have been trying for a last days through microsoft site>> to request a refund for a...
  10. Licence Transfer for Black Ops 3 Season Pass/Digital Deluxe Edition request

in XBoX on Consoles
    Licence Transfer for Black Ops 3 Season Pass/Digital Deluxe Edition request: Hello, I am contacting in regards to a licence transfer request from a banned account that I have with the gamertag "xx Bazzaa" This account was banned early november and I understand the...