Require passkey to switch users

Discus and support Require passkey to switch users in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, this is a question I hoped has a solution, but I was unable to find it. I have some games purchased on Xbox Series; not all of them are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Disgate, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Disgate
    Disgate Guest

Hello, this is a question I hoped has a solution, but I was unable to find it.

I have some games purchased on Xbox Series; not all of them are kids-rated.

But it appears that I must sign in for kids to play.

So, whenever screen time ends, or they want to access other games - they may easily switch users as I am signed in, and gain full access.

Is there a way to enforce passkey entry to
    switch user, which is already signed in but inactive?

Thanks.

:)

Disgate, Jan 4, 2021
  2. OmG iTz OdiN Win User

Have to enter the WPA2 Password every time - after selecting a different Wi-fi Service

It is by design to ask for your WPA2 password/passkey after connecting successfully to another Network , then switching back to your previous Networks. It's like refreshing the Network, which does require the WPA passkey once again. I'd recommend changing
    your passkey to something tough, yet you will definitely remember instead of having to type in the very long passkey that is defaulted from the ISP.
  3. AridLizard Win User

second xbox for family

what you can do so that they can both play is set 1 Xbox as your Home, then on the other have it to auto sign you in but require a passkey for purchases then switch accounts to the child that is going to play on that console.

this will let them both play at the same time without having to get a second copy of the games or subscriptions

How to require a passkey for purchases

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Account.
    3. Select Sign-in, security & passkey.
    4. Select Change my sign-in & security preferences.
    5. Scroll right and select Customize.
    6. Scroll right and select Ask for my passkey to make purchases.

A passkey is now required to make purchases on your account. To turn this feature off, repeat these steps and select Passkey not required.
  4. Jaymo1978 Win User

Xbox One Lock

Hi Cruz! I'm sorry to say there isn't a way to password protect the entire xbox, it will automaticall go to the dashboard at startup, allowing users to attach their own profiles or play offline as a guest. You CAN set a passkey to prevent your own account
    from being signed in and used, and I'll provide those links for you, but I don't suspect that's exactly what you want. Sorry about that!

Create a passkey:
    support.xbox.com/.../create-xbox-one-passkey

Require a passkey for purchases:
    support.xbox.com/.../passkey-purchases
    (This is the same location where you can set your sign-in preferences to require the passkey.)
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Saving Password

Is your son using his own account or is he using your account?

Here is how you would do it:

1. Go into settings.

2. Under the account tab go to sign in security and passkey.

3. Choose which option you want there should be a drop down menu with the following choices and here is what each choice means.

• Make it fast, make it magic: Automatic sign-in with no password or passkey required.
    • No barriers: No password or passkey required to sign in, change settings, or make purchases.
    • Check that it's me: A passkey is required to sign in.
    • Ask for my passkey: A passkey is required to sign in, change settings, or make purchases.
    • Lock it down: Your Microsoft account password is required for almost everything.
    • Customize: Select this option to customize which actions require a password or passkey.
  6. street2234 Win User

Signing in every time you play

hi,you need to create a passkey so instead of using your account password you log your account with the passkey.

the passkey its also required to authorize purchases.
Thema:

1. Require passkey to switch users - Similar Threads - Require passkey switch

2. HELP Required

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP Required: Hi all I am completely lost as to how to move forward My Sons Xbox was running really slow and not loading games, and if the game did eventually load it kept freezing. I contacted support and...
  3. xbox 360 cloud saves still requiring live gold account

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 cloud saves still requiring live gold account: MS announced 3 months ago that cloud saves would be free, however I am trying to transfer saves from my 360 to series X and i am still prompted to subscribe to live gold to transfer to the cloud...
  4. d3d11 level 11.0 shader level 5 compatible gpu is required to run this engine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    d3d11 level 11.0 shader level 5 compatible gpu is required to run this engine: i recently received an older gaming pc with a nvidia quadro fx 1800 and from what ive looked up it suports direct x 11 but i cant get it to download without downloading a virus any help would be...
  5. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - System Requirements

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - System Requirements: Apologize for this simple question however I am unfortunately not savvy enough to be able to figure this out without assistance. I have downloaded Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 on my new laptop which...
  6. I have just spilt apple juice on my sons console- urgent help required please

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have just spilt apple juice on my sons console- urgent help required please: PLease can someone advise what best to do? LIquid cleared off Asap but it entered teh vent and is now turned upside down. WE tried to turn back on and it does power up but immediately turns off....
  7. Microsoft Solitaire requires connection to Internet (have that) to load events

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire requires connection to Internet (have that) to load events: Premium user, running on iPad Pro with recent IPadOS update 14.3. Yesterday it refused to update my event score, and has since then stated \Internet connection required\ despited re/loading,...
  8. Atmos for Home theater requiring pay for dolby app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Atmos for Home theater requiring pay for dolby app: I have xbox one x connected to a vizio atmos soundbar via hdmi in, which is the only way it works since my tv doesn't have atmos pass through besides native apps. It was working fine before with...
  9. Xbox Family Security Question - Can I log in without passcode but require passcode for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Family Security Question - Can I log in without passcode but require passcode for...: I set up a family with myself and 2 children, one 9 and the other 13. I also have my profile set up to allow purchases. Because of that, my profile is set up with a passcode. Every time one of...
  10. Cant access my console settings Gamer tag and passkey are set, yet password still required

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant access my console settings Gamer tag and passkey are set, yet password still required: DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I CANNOT ACCESS MY OWN CONSOLE INFO. So I am the primary account holder on my families xbox one console. My gamertag and passkey have been setup (over four years ago). I...