Reserving a Gamertag from an inactive account?

Discus and support Reserving a Gamertag from an inactive account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I used to have two accounts, one named Madbank6, and the other named Madbank7. I somehow lost access to my Madbank6 account, which is why I have the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Madbank64131, Aug 6, 2022 at 3:22 AM.

1. Madbank64131
    Madbank64131 Guest

I used to have two accounts, one named Madbank6, and the other named Madbank7. I somehow lost access to my Madbank6 account, which is why I have the Madbank7 account... and about a year or two ago, I regained access to, and deleted the Madbank6 account, in order to make Madbank7 my main account, and I wanted to change my Gamertag to Madbank6, which is what I've been known by on other platforms.

Currently, my Gamertag is Madbank6#4131 ( in-game, which is a mouthful), so basically I want to get rid of the extra id numbers at the end of my name. I've been recommended to make a post about this by customer support, and they've noted that I should request to reserve my gamer tag. Apparently, Microsoft released inactive Gamertags once in 2016, so maybe that could happen again sooner or later? That being said, I would like to reserve Madbank6 as my gamer tag. It's not too big of a problem, I just want to maintain consistency if anything... If that doesn't work, or if it's too much trouble, I'd be willing to change my Gamertag back to Madbank7.

(I'm not sure if Microsoft is willing to release inactive Gamertag individually, but if they are, that'd be cool. Either way, the support was pretty helpful in explaining the whole thing)

Reserving a Gamertag from an inactive account? [​IMG]

:)

Madbank64131, Aug 6, 2022 at 3:22 AM
  2. Smwutches Win User

Unfortunately support gave you incorrect information. There is no way to reserve a gamertag (if there were, support would have been the ones to do it). And yes, there was a mass release of gamertags in 2016, but that will be the last mass release. They changed a policy with that release that if a person doesn't sign into their Xbox account within 5 years, the gamertag will be released.
  3. Oraclea Win User

Gamertag Reservation

Hi, sorry to say that a gamertag cannot be reserved.
    A gamertag will get released if its corresponding Microsoft account is inactive for 5 years; however, the user of an account might still log in on other Microsoft services besides Xbox, and if that's the case, the account would not be considered inactive.
  4. WPAK Win User

Am I able to reserve a gamertag for when they wipe them again?

Hi there,

as far as I know there is no way to reserve a gamertag in the case it will be released.

Also keep in mind that as another user there no way to tell if an account has been inactive or not. When people hide their activity nothing will be shown for others, which may look as someone being inactive.
  5. gds1972 Win User

REQUEST RAMERTAG

Hi

As the gamertag is already tied to another account there is nothing that can be done to allow you to take this gamertag. If an account is inactive for a sufficient period of time (five years I believe) then Microsoft reserve the right to release the gamertag
    for other gamers to select it again.
  6. Juxtapose13 Win User

Gamertag Saving

[quote user="Afsos 1"]

Couldn't you simply set up a new account with the Gamertag you wish to reserve and then simply let its subscription run out? It could be a free gold trial or something, but I think that my allow one to reserve a Gamertag.

[/quote]

Well, technically you can simply go and make a new Xbox LIVE Free Account, though I don't know how long it lasts in inactivity.
Thema:

1. Reserving a Gamertag from an inactive account? - Similar Threads - Reserving Gamertag inactive

2. Are Old Gamertags Reserved After Changing Them?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Are Old Gamertags Reserved After Changing Them?: Hello, so recently, I've been on an old mission to find my old xbox account and in the process, found an old Microsoft account of mine that was inactive that I figured could have been the old...
  3. Reserve 'TheStrataG' gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Reserve 'TheStrataG' gamertag: Microsoft Virtual Agent recommended I go here to reclaim an old gamertag, which is the following: TheStrataG I had used this gamertag for when I had an XBox first gen and XBox 360. I haven't had...
  4. Am I able to reserve a gamertag for when they wipe them again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to reserve a gamertag for when they wipe them again?: I’ve wanted the gamertag Wilbur for awhile and I was talking to a customer service tech who linked me to this saying I can make an official request for a gamertag, just really want that gamertag...
  5. Can't claim gamertag that has been reserved, then deleted/changed to something else

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't claim gamertag that has been reserved, then deleted/changed to something else: Hello, I would like to know if I can claim a Gamertag that I reserved on another Xbox account. Is that possible? Here's the story: A while back, before getting an Xbox, I decided that I should...
  6. reserving a gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    reserving a gamertag: hi everyone, i have been on xbox support to get a gamertag, and have been told to reserve it here. can i please reserve the gamertag of "Nathan Waltom" 3faf3f83-fbed-4d15-871f-0c3301b24b1e
  7. Gamertag Reserve

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Reserve: Hey, i have noticed that a gamertag "Labtec" hasn't been used in ages, i would like to know if its possible to claim it when you guys have a recycle date. 6d0755b6-33d7-40b9-b7be-fb851ac65f25
  8. Gamertag Reserve

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Reserve: Hey, had a chat with Xbox support about claiming an unused gamertag, Would like to reserve it here for the recycle date. The gamertag is: GLAZE ec542353-2d91-4e91-858b-cead7359d9ee
  9. Gamertag Reservation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Reservation: I want to reserve the Gamertag Voltz when it is released. 3245e149-01e7-4e83-b949-5273f6f3866c
  10. Gamertag Reservation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Reservation: I would like to reserve the gamertag Voltz when it is released. fbcb797f-c10e-4048-9e8a-e1db0c9f02e8