Reset a game from cloud save

Discus and support Reset a game from cloud save in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is there anyway to reset a game and start over? I've just moved from xbox 360 to xbox one and moved my games over but would like to start some of them... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mrrevjohn, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Mrrevjohn
    Mrrevjohn Guest

Is there anyway to reset a game and start over?

I've just moved from xbox 360 to xbox one and moved my games over but would like to start some of them again. I know I cant reset achievements' but just the base game. EG trials hd, Id like to start from the beginning again with just the starter bike. Deleting
    local files doesn't work as the xbox just resyncs with the cloud save.

I'm struggling to find a way to do this from either within the xbox one or from a pc on windows live. Again, I just want to reset progress from cloud saves.

:)

Mrrevjohn, Aug 18, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi John,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand you are wanting to start a game fresh. You can go to my games and apps. Highlight the game you want to start over. Hit the start(menu button) and go to manage game and add on, once there go to save data. You
    will hit A on save data then select delete from everywhere. This deletes the save from the console and the cloud. When you do this be sure this is what you want as it will be gone. This does not however reset achievements earned.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the really quick response, Do I need to first play the game to create a local save file as I have looked at this area and where it shows save data it says something along the lines of delete reserved space (circa 10mb) when I do this it tells
    me the space will be reserved again when I restart the game, there isn't an option to delete from everywhere, just local.
    You shouldn't need to, if the game has already synced your save. But, if it's not there, then yes it's possible you might need to just load the game first. Because as soon as you load a game, in the first seconds of the game booting up, you will see a quick
    screen where it saying "Syncing..." and that is the game retrieving your game save from the Cloud. So I would try to boot the game up, see if you see the "Syncing" screen, let it sync, and from there you can quit out of the game. Then go into your save settings
    like previously said, and you should be able to delete from everywhere, including both local saves and the Cloud saves. Good luck!
  4. DanMen334 Win User

that's not possible, what you could do is open a new account
  5. HyperVenom523 Win User

That is interesting I wonder how can someone do it?
  6. Mrrevjohn Win User

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the really quick response, Do I need to first play the game to create a local save file as I have looked at this area and where it shows save data it says something along the lines of delete reserved space (circa 10mb) when I do this it tells
    me the space will be reserved again when I restart the game, there isn't an option to delete from everywhere, just local.
Thema:

1. Reset a game from cloud save - Similar Threads - Reset game cloud

2. XBOX ONE S 1TB - reset for resell? how to save downloaded games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S 1TB - reset for resell? how to save downloaded games?: Hello, I am a total newbie with Xbox or any other kind of gaming console. I bought an Xbox one s 1tb (battlefield pack) 2 years ago - I created a Microsoft account to be able to download games...
  3. Can you install Xbox 360 games that are delisted after your Xbox 360 was reset?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you install Xbox 360 games that are delisted after your Xbox 360 was reset?: So basically, I used to have Castleminer Z on my Xbox. Thing is, one time someone factory reset my Xbox, as a "little prank". I've really been interested in Castleminer Z lately, but I don't know...
  4. Losing game data after a reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Losing game data after a reset: Ive reset my console before and always chose "keep my games and apps" i loaded a game and my saves are gone. When i go the manage page for the game i still have save data but still no saves when I...
  5. USED ALL MY ACCOUNT HOME RESETS AFTER GAME SHARE STOPPED WORKING TRYING TO GET IT WORKING...

in XBoX on Consoles
    USED ALL MY ACCOUNT HOME RESETS AFTER GAME SHARE STOPPED WORKING TRYING TO GET IT WORKING...: Right long story short i own several console as i have a big family, me and my wife and our 3 oldest kids all play xbox, obviously using game share to spread content around the house, around the...
  6. Reset Xbox now can't load games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reset Xbox now can't load games: Cleared memory on Xbox 1 now i can't load games 1ab7ad43-51eb-4f36-9be4-747578c5b417
  7. Xbox one S will not play any games even after a full reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one S will not play any games even after a full reset: My xbox one s will not play any games (disc or digital). I have cleared local saves, system cache, power cycled have deleted and re downloaded my profile and the games, reset with keeping game...
  8. Xbox Herhangi Oyun Sıfırlama Nasıl Oluyor? [How Does Xbox Reset Any Games?]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Herhangi Oyun Sıfırlama Nasıl Oluyor? [How Does Xbox Reset Any Games?]: Daha birkaç hafta önce Xbox live Gold ile indirime giren The crew 2 Gold Edition almıştık ancak bu oyunun daha önce ücretsiz denemesini indirmiştik ve paralı orijinal yüklediğimizde deneme...
  9. Reset xbox 360 cloud save data for a single game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reset xbox 360 cloud save data for a single game: I have deleted an xbox 360 save data from the cloud and I have cleared my local xbox 360 save data on my xbox one, but when I load a 360 game it still loads all my old data. How can I fully reset...
  10. How to make sure cloud games are properly saved (planning for factory reset)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make sure cloud games are properly saved (planning for factory reset): My xbox one has been pulling the 'can't save games' schtick since Fallout 4. I've been able to muddle through it and subsequent games by deleting and saving nearly simultaneously (BARELY got...