Reset a game from cloud save

Discus and support Reset a game from cloud save in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is there anyway to reset a game and start over? I've just moved from xbox 360 to xbox one and moved my games over but would like to start some of them... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mrrevjohn, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Mrrevjohn
    Mrrevjohn Guest

Is there anyway to reset a game and start over?

I've just moved from xbox 360 to xbox one and moved my games over but would like to start some of them again. I know I cant reset achievements' but just the base game. EG trials hd, Id like to start from the beginning again with just the starter bike. Deleting
    local files doesn't work as the xbox just resyncs with the cloud save.

I'm struggling to find a way to do this from either within the xbox one or from a pc on windows live. Again, I just want to reset progress from cloud saves.

:)

Mrrevjohn, Aug 18, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi John,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand you are wanting to start a game fresh. You can go to my games and apps. Highlight the game you want to start over. Hit the start(menu button) and go to manage game and add on, once there go to save data. You
    will hit A on save data then select delete from everywhere. This deletes the save from the console and the cloud. When you do this be sure this is what you want as it will be gone. This does not however reset achievements earned.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the really quick response, Do I need to first play the game to create a local save file as I have looked at this area and where it shows save data it says something along the lines of delete reserved space (circa 10mb) when I do this it tells
    me the space will be reserved again when I restart the game, there isn't an option to delete from everywhere, just local.
    You shouldn't need to, if the game has already synced your save. But, if it's not there, then yes it's possible you might need to just load the game first. Because as soon as you load a game, in the first seconds of the game booting up, you will see a quick
    screen where it saying "Syncing..." and that is the game retrieving your game save from the Cloud. So I would try to boot the game up, see if you see the "Syncing" screen, let it sync, and from there you can quit out of the game. Then go into your save settings
    like previously said, and you should be able to delete from everywhere, including both local saves and the Cloud saves. Good luck!
  4. DanMen334 Win User

that's not possible, what you could do is open a new account
  5. HyperVenom523 Win User

That is interesting I wonder how can someone do it?
  6. Mrrevjohn Win User

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the really quick response, Do I need to first play the game to create a local save file as I have looked at this area and where it shows save data it says something along the lines of delete reserved space (circa 10mb) when I do this it tells
    me the space will be reserved again when I restart the game, there isn't an option to delete from everywhere, just local.
Thema:

1. Reset a game from cloud save - Similar Threads - Reset game cloud

2. Do my games get deleted forever if i hard reset?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do my games get deleted forever if i hard reset?: So recently ive realised that every few minutes i keep getting signed out of my account. Ive googled it and seen youtube videos on it and ive seen that people reset their xbox. I have been...
  3. Can you reset PROGRESS in a game without uninstalling it ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you reset PROGRESS in a game without uninstalling it ?: Perhaps stupid question , but can´t see how to RESET ALL PROGRESS in my Xbox One - games ( 1-player offline games ) without having to uninstall the games ?!? All option in the console i can find...
  4. Game won’t work after soft reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won’t work after soft reset: hey guys, i recently did a soft reset trying to fix another problem that is still persisting smh. the new problem is that i have a battlefield 1 edition console, that came with battlefield 1...
  5. Games & apps not working after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games & apps not working after factory reset: Last night we were forced to do a factory reset on our Xbox One S due to the screen staying green & then going to black & staying that way. We did the reset where you keep your games & apps. Got...
  6. Game crashes and every update hard reset no volume adjust

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game crashes and every update hard reset no volume adjust: Iam alpha skip ahead but every time there is a update xbox dont start up but need remove power cable to update. Also since last update games wont start and when they start it crash. Also still no...
  7. Does "Reset this Xbox but keep games and apps" erase singleplayer saves?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does "Reset this Xbox but keep games and apps" erase singleplayer saves?: I looked everywhere online but can't find this simple answer. Can anyone help me? I factory reset my Xbox One but used "keep games and apps." What I want to know is did that also erase all my...
  8. Factory Reset, Game Lost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Factory Reset, Game Lost: Hi all, I need some help please. I bought Grand Theft Auto 5 in the play store about 8 moths ago, but I was having some problems with my Xbox so a friend of mine helped me to reset my console. I...
  9. Reset xbox 360 cloud save data for a single game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reset xbox 360 cloud save data for a single game: I have deleted an xbox 360 save data from the cloud and I have cleared my local xbox 360 save data on my xbox one, but when I load a 360 game it still loads all my old data. How can I fully reset...
  10. How to make sure cloud games are properly saved (planning for factory reset)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make sure cloud games are properly saved (planning for factory reset): My xbox one has been pulling the 'can't save games' schtick since Fallout 4. I've been able to muddle through it and subsequent games by deleting and saving nearly simultaneously (BARELY got...