reset pasword for children for xbox gaming

Discus and support reset pasword for children for xbox gaming in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password. I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it anywhere... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Anmev, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Anmev
    Anmev Guest

Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password.

I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it anywhere else.

all the forums only mention about using recovery form to rest password.. which is total BS form as there are so many fields where I do not have answer too.

being a parent, is there no easy way to reset the pwd?

I have seen the below reply to use the recovery form :: but its of no use if you do not have the details. I have not used this accoutn for anything except xbox. i entered the xbox live id and still didnt work... what are my other options?

-------------- ..--------------------

Assuming you have already tried resetting the password from account.live.com, I don’t wish to suggest you with the same option. I would suggest you to refer
    the article Recover your Microsoft Account and also refer the section Tips for
    filling out the recovery form to recover the issue account. ------------------

:)

Anmev, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Braython2912 Win User

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://support.xbox.com/it-it&ved=2ahUKEwjEi73e4LDkAhUDC-wKHcGWB-cQFjAAegQIBxAD&usg=AOvVaw0DtUiJlm8AYVL9WAjJ3kYN
  3. ArminatorX Win User

I think you are at the page for recovering a whole Microsoft Account. Instead you would just need to reset the password, which can be done at https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

Be aware however, that depending on how you set up your children's accounts, it might be necessary to have a secondary email or other security proofs, to prevent malicious users to easily reset someone else's account password.

While I understand your frustration about the obstacles of resetting a password, be aware that a Microsoft Account can contain A LOT of personal and sensitive data like Credit Card information, (in some country) health records.

Even if you currently use that account "just" for some children games, Microsoft takes account security VERY seriously.

Therefore: If you set up the Microsoft Account "correctly", with additional phone numbers and secondary emails in the "Security Information" section, it's relatively easy to reset the password.

However, if you have the same "low knowledge" about the account as a typical account thief, Microsoft makes it obviously difficult to simply reset a password.

So when you create Microsoft Account for your kids, DO NOT forget important information about the account. Handle the account with as much care as you would handle credit card and bank login data, even if the kids "only" play videogames with it. Later in
    life, the Microsoft Account will hold much more valuable data!
  4. durodrkic Win User

family settings

i forgott pasword in childe profile
  5. SF boiiii Win User

Someone is trying to steal my account

I would change your security settings and your password if they know your pasword
  6. Temhotabot Win User

Recovering without the pasword,

Here's what you do. Go to the e-mail website that is associated with your XBL account. At the log in screen there will be a 'forgot password' option, click that. Otherwise without the e-mail
    and password associated with the account you will not be able to recover it.

You could try calling support and jumping through several hoops answering tons of security questions but even then it isn't for certain they will give you the information you seek.
Thema:

1. reset pasword for children for xbox gaming - Similar Threads - reset pasword children

2. How to reset a games data on windows 10 without contacting the games service

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to reset a games data on windows 10 without contacting the games service: So i posted this last time so i just wanna see if there's a other way deleting a game's data on windows 10 without contacting the games service bc last time i contacted the games service and they...
  3. Error message: Reset your account - problem with the storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error message: Reset your account - problem with the storage: Hi, my son has an XBox One S. The above error message appeared recently apparently, and doing factory resetting and clearing cache has done nothing. What it does now it is very slow to start and...
  4. Xbox won't function properly, even after formatting and multiple resets

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox won't function properly, even after formatting and multiple resets: So basically I've been having this problem where, 50% of the time i turn my xbox on, it says "Connect to xbox live" and when i check my xbox settings, it says "NAT type: Open "Service info is...
  5. Can’t perform a soft factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t perform a soft factory reset: Hi guys, My xbox had some troubles last night with connecting to my live account. I tried everything to fix it but nothing worked. My wifi is fine, the xbox says so as well. I found another post...
  6. HDMI Signal issue Alpha ring needing hard reset

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI Signal issue Alpha ring needing hard reset: Hi all I am having an issue losing signal after switching down for night after power on instant on it fails to detect a HDMI signal to tv and I am having to hard reset for it to pick it up any one...
  7. Bricked Xbox One S - Fails to do Offline System Update and Full Factory Reset

in XboX Insiders
    Bricked Xbox One S - Fails to do Offline System Update and Full Factory Reset: My Xbox One S on startup gives me the E106 error, I tried doing the Offline System Update (OSU1), but then it would fail on Step 2 (verification) on 57%. Full factory reset also fails it doesn't...
  8. I factory reset my xbox keeping games and apps because my xbox wasn't taking discs. No I've...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I factory reset my xbox keeping games and apps because my xbox wasn't taking discs. No I've...: Please help. My brother loves the xbox and it would break his heart to not be able to play f376e29c-6f8c-4cf7-96fe-4f5848b9172a
  9. Hi i need help reset parental control pasword xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i need help reset parental control pasword xbox360: Help need to reset parental pasword on my xbox360 E,i dont find the paper anymore where i wryte down the pasword,any sugestion or help? 3c38403a-2230-4b25-bc60-0d40df090e37
  10. pasword reset =(

in XBoX on Consoles
    pasword reset =(: what the ****. How do I access the account. lost password and two-step control. have tried everything to I mean everything. called support us and Norweigan supp. no help. can all security...