reset pasword for children for xbox gaming

Discus and support reset pasword for children for xbox gaming in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password. I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it anywhere... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Anmev, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Anmev
    Anmev Guest

Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password.

I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it anywhere else.

all the forums only mention about using recovery form to rest password.. which is total BS form as there are so many fields where I do not have answer too.

being a parent, is there no easy way to reset the pwd?

I have seen the below reply to use the recovery form :: but its of no use if you do not have the details. I have not used this accoutn for anything except xbox. i entered the xbox live id and still didnt work... what are my other options?

-------------- ..--------------------

Assuming you have already tried resetting the password from account.live.com, I don’t wish to suggest you with the same option. I would suggest you to refer
    the article Recover your Microsoft Account and also refer the section Tips for
    filling out the recovery form to recover the issue account. ------------------

:)

Anmev, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Braython2912 Win User

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://support.xbox.com/it-it&ved=2ahUKEwjEi73e4LDkAhUDC-wKHcGWB-cQFjAAegQIBxAD&usg=AOvVaw0DtUiJlm8AYVL9WAjJ3kYN
  3. ArminatorX Win User

I think you are at the page for recovering a whole Microsoft Account. Instead you would just need to reset the password, which can be done at https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

Be aware however, that depending on how you set up your children's accounts, it might be necessary to have a secondary email or other security proofs, to prevent malicious users to easily reset someone else's account password.

While I understand your frustration about the obstacles of resetting a password, be aware that a Microsoft Account can contain A LOT of personal and sensitive data like Credit Card information, (in some country) health records.

Even if you currently use that account "just" for some children games, Microsoft takes account security VERY seriously.

Therefore: If you set up the Microsoft Account "correctly", with additional phone numbers and secondary emails in the "Security Information" section, it's relatively easy to reset the password.

However, if you have the same "low knowledge" about the account as a typical account thief, Microsoft makes it obviously difficult to simply reset a password.

So when you create Microsoft Account for your kids, DO NOT forget important information about the account. Handle the account with as much care as you would handle credit card and bank login data, even if the kids "only" play videogames with it. Later in
    life, the Microsoft Account will hold much more valuable data!
  4. durodrkic Win User

family settings

i forgott pasword in childe profile
  5. Temhotabot Win User

Recovering without the pasword,

Here's what you do. Go to the e-mail website that is associated with your XBL account. At the log in screen there will be a 'forgot password' option, click that. Otherwise without the e-mail
    and password associated with the account you will not be able to recover it.

You could try calling support and jumping through several hoops answering tons of security questions but even then it isn't for certain they will give you the information you seek.
  6. SONIC SCREAM 07 Win User

Recovering without the pasword,

I think you can reset the password, providing you know the email address and the answers to your security questions.
Thema:

1. reset pasword for children for xbox gaming - Similar Threads - reset pasword children

2. Gamerscore reset many years ago, still looking for a solution

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamerscore reset many years ago, still looking for a solution: You'll have to pardon me for this complicated story but it has been bothering me since mid-2011 and I have had no solution since then. It practically made me stop paying for Xbox Live as well....
  3. reseting console help

in XBoX on Consoles
    reseting console help: Hey so I’ve been having some trouble with my Xbox one and I decided to rest my console but keep my games and apps data. When I did that it came up with - we were unable to remove this console's...
  4. Update and reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update and reset: My Xbox was stuck on the green screen of death. Ive gone as far as doing the offline update. Which would only complete to 86%. I have now tried to do the reset. After the reset, all the games were...
  5. Xbox reset get games back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox reset get games back: My son reset my xbox 1 i had online games on their but now can’t re-install even if log on account email. is their another way. All the advise people say its easy log on you account and they...
  6. Please make a way to reset game, achievement, and stat progress without having to make a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please make a way to reset game, achievement, and stat progress without having to make a...: I’ve been wanting to start fresh in my games for a while and reset my achievements but there’s no way to do that without making a new account. I don’t feel like having to game share and re add all...
  7. Error E101 / E106 can’t reset/update/boot, please help!

in XboX Insiders
    Error E101 / E106 can’t reset/update/boot, please help!: So right now my XBOX ONE X is unusable. I was in the Insider Program for a while and then one day while playing, I got a notification that there was something wrong with my saved games and that I...
  8. Xbox will not factory reset, possible corrupt files

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox will not factory reset, possible corrupt files: I believe I may have corrupt files on my Xbox one x, l've tried to do everything that is applicable to me (e102) but I still get booted to the same screen, I cannot system update offline either,...
  9. Hi i need help reset parental control pasword xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i need help reset parental control pasword xbox360: Help need to reset parental pasword on my xbox360 E,i dont find the paper anymore where i wryte down the pasword,any sugestion or help? 3c38403a-2230-4b25-bc60-0d40df090e37
  10. pasword reset =(

in XBoX on Consoles
    pasword reset =(: what the ****. How do I access the account. lost password and two-step control. have tried everything to I mean everything. called support us and Norweigan supp. no help. can all security...