Resident Evil 2 Uninstalled After Cancelling An Update

Discus and support Resident Evil 2 Uninstalled After Cancelling An Update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I launched RE2 and it started trying to install an update. I cancelled the update and the game disappeared from my Xbox 1 X. I Now have to download... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RE2 Noob, Feb 22, 2019.

1. RE2 Noob
    RE2 Noob Guest

I launched RE2 and it started trying to install an update. I cancelled the update and the game disappeared from my Xbox 1 X.

I Now have to download the whole 21gb again!

I couldn't be bothered to type this out on the xbox with the pad so I thought I would report it on here instead and hope that someone sees it as I couldn't find anywhere to report directly to microsoft.

I have googled the problem and it's been reported a few times before. So maybe don't cancel those updates if you're worried about it, I certainly won't do it again now!

As the game is still reinstalling I'm not sure yet whether it's deleted my saved game aswell but was only 1/2 an hour into it so not the end of the world.

:)

RE2 Noob, Feb 22, 2019
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

Oh wow thats weird!!....

I never cancel a download from now on!!
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

I agree a warning would be good. The reason for doing this is to stop corrupt files/game downloads, where part of the files are downloaded and being installed and the update is cancelled.
  4. ApocalypseXpony Win User

thats why the pause function is their, also can setup your xbox that it does not start downloading automatically then you can have control over what you want to update
  5. RE2 Noob Win User

Is it a bug or is it meant to happen?

I seems insane it would do that with no warning or anything!
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi there!

I agree with having a warning before cancelling an update for whatever reason you need to would be a great idea and the best place to get this idea out to the right people would be to post on Xbox Ideas in the

Idea Drive Suggestion Box

Either way thank you for letting us know the issue has been resolved and we appreciate you coming to the forums for assistance. I will be locking this thread but feel free to come back and post again anytime and we would be happy to help!

Thank you and have a great day!
Thema:

1. Resident Evil 2 Uninstalled After Cancelling An Update - Similar Threads - Resident Evil Uninstalled

2. Dúvida - Conquista do Resident Evil 5 em Coop - Xbox One [Translate] Doubt-Conquest of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dúvida - Conquista do Resident Evil 5 em Coop - Xbox One [Translate] Doubt-Conquest of...: Então, estou jogando em modo cooperativo com meu irmão, e quando a gente finaliza o capítulo eu ganho a conquista por ter finalizado o capítulo, e ele não ganha nenhuma conquista. Outra coisa é...
  3. Resident Evil 4 - containers not appearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resident Evil 4 - containers not appearing: Recently I ran into a game-ending glitch while replaying RE4 on an xbox one. When fighting U3, after I had pushed both buttons in the 2nd container, the red door to the 3rd container opened up but...
  4. Graphical glitches in Forza Horizon 4, Prey and Resident Evil 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Graphical glitches in Forza Horizon 4, Prey and Resident Evil 2: Using an Xbox One X. No funny problems on any other games, just these three. Light rays and water effects in Forza have a strange black shimmering over them, smoke particles in Resi 2 have the...
  5. Resident evil 2, help about the different modes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resident evil 2, help about the different modes: Hi! Just finished Resident evil 2 remake with Leon for the first time. Have searched around but found different answers. Should i start Claire first play or second run now? What is realy the...
  6. Resident Evil 6 Won't Show Save Data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resident Evil 6 Won't Show Save Data: I was playing Resident Evil 6 on Xbox One and had completed all but Jake and Sherry on one of the difficulty levels. I go to play and it makes me do the prelude over again and shows that I haven't...
  7. Can't play Resident evil Operation Raccoon city

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Resident evil Operation Raccoon city: I am having trouble trying to get this game to play on Windows 10 like I use to. Can someone decifer the error codes posted.Windows 10 1903, AMD Processor 870k Quad Core, AMD Radeon R7 350....
  8. Resident Evil Operation Racoon City GFWL Error Codes and Now the Game Refuses to Run at all.

in XBoX on Windows
    Resident Evil Operation Racoon City GFWL Error Codes and Now the Game Refuses to Run at all.: I have firewall off,I have scanned my computer twice with vipre and malwarebytes and am clean.I have installed the latest software of Live 3.5.89.0, I have cleared all internet caches and cookies...
  9. resident evil revelations 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    resident evil revelations 2: is not getting the online cooperation mode 78a4288c-185c-4387-af8c-88cdbc53fde7
  10. resident evil revelations 2 xbox 360 It's not getting online mode.

in XBoX on Consoles
    resident evil revelations 2 xbox 360 It's not getting online mode.: resident evil revelations 2 xbox 360 It's not getting online mode, getting out of network c2637a22-e404-459e-a82c-9f0528779320