Resolution Boost for the Xbox One games on Xbox Series X Possible?

Discus and support Resolution Boost for the Xbox One games on Xbox Series X Possible? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Many of the Xbox One games launched prior to One X were running at less than 1080p. When the Xbox One X launched, it also had a feature to Upscale some... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/KnightlySpartan, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Resolution Boost for the Xbox One games on Xbox Series X Possible?

Many of the Xbox One games launched prior to One X were running at less than 1080p.
    When the Xbox One X launched, it also had a feature to Upscale some of the Xbox 360 games to 4K.
    Since the Series X is 8 times more powerful than the Xbox One (S), can we expect a Resolution Boost mode similar to the FPS Boost mode that ups the resolution of these games.

It seems plausible as currently for some of the titles (Far Cry 4, Watch Dogs 2) that got the FPS boost there's no difference between Series S and Series X. That would mean there's enough headroom to offer Resolution boost for such games.

submitted by /u/KnightlySpartan
    [link] [comments]

/u/KnightlySpartan, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Series S/X

Hi,

The Series X supports 1080P resolution in the settings same as Xbox One and One X. Games on Series X will still render in 4K, but will downscale to whatever display you have. There won't be any loss in quality at all.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Backwards Compatibility

I'm not sure what you mean by being 'left out'? The BC program for original Xbox and 360 games has been suspended. Other than 'FPS boost for Xbox One games on Series X|S, there are no additional BC games for Series X|S consoles.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xp

Bit early to be thinking about 'launch day' it's not till November 2020.

I'll be interested to see how it compares to my self build gaming PC.

Cyberpunk is my game. Hopefully I'll hit 60 fps, even if I have to hit 1080P to get there.

I wonder if Series X will boost the resolution on Xbox One games? Cyberpunk is going to be tough to run on a base One S.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Will there be Xbox One X Enhancement patches on the Series X?

Hi,

I doubt you'll get a direct answer from here, not from the Microsoft tech team anyway. But as I understand it, Series X will run all Xbox One games and all the games currently BC for Xbox One. This will include the Xbox One X enhanced titles.

The Series S will not be able to run enhanced titles. Instead it will run them as Xbox One base games, but, it will apply it's own enhancements instead.

Why can't Series S run Xbox One X enhanced games?

So, you would think that being that the series S is also a next gen system it should run Xbox One enhanced titles, but it can't. The reason is quite a simple one, RAM (Random Access Memory). The Xbox One X has 12 GB of RAM, which around 9 is usable for games.
    The Series S only has around 8 GB.

Pushing high resolution textures and indeed 4K resolutions (or near 4K) requires lots or RAM. But to keep costs low, Series S has less RAM.

The series S won't run Xbox One games exactly how the original Xbox One runs them. It will still run them better. Which means better frame rates and better resolutions, but it can't run Xbox One games that have enhancements for the Xbox One X. They will
    still work, but they won't be enhanced. I'm not sure about Xbox 360 enhanced titles.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

New xbox S video performance.

Yes it will run at 30 fps on the Series X as well.

The Series X has a number of other advantages over the Series S, not just a higher resolution. The Series X has 6GB more RAM than the Series S and more capable graphics hardware. The Series X can run Xbox One games that were enhanced for the Xbox One X and
    run them smoother.

Only Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that were enhanced For One X get enhanced on the Series S, but unlike that machine, they max out at 1440P. Xbox One games run as they did on the original hardware, but with their own enhancements I mentioned in my previous
    reply such as smoother frame rates, unlocked resolutions and such.

For the time being, Series X and S are on par with each other frame rate wise, but only time will tell for future titles.

I'm a PC gamer (i7 and RTX 2080) as well as a console gamer. I have a Series S because I couldn't get a Series X. When the X becomes available I'll replace it.

I've not connected my Series S to my TV, it's running off my Monitor. 1080P at 120Hz is great so far.

The great thing with these consoles is their content now follows you. when I get my Series X, only old games will work and work better.
Thema:

Resolution Boost for the Xbox One games on Xbox Series X Possible?

1. Resolution Boost for the Xbox One games on Xbox Series X Possible? - Similar Threads - Resolution Boost games

2. Xbox Stuck at 480p resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Stuck at 480p resolution: I own an Xbox one and it is stuck at 480p resolution and whenever I try to upscale it to 720p or 1080p it shows that the resolution changed on the streaming app but the tv dosent shows and remains...
  3. Resolution forcefully set to 480p on a 1080p tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resolution forcefully set to 480p on a 1080p tv: I'm on an original Xbox One and had to unplug and plug in the hdmi cord, normally this does nothing but when I did this time it lowered the resolution quite a bit. It refuses to detect the...
  4. Minecraft resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft resolution: Where i can get permissions for minecraft online ? Sorry for mistakes I from Russia c9f21980-3160-4651-bf35-bc3a270da33a
  5. What is the maximum capture resolution supported by Xbox series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the maximum capture resolution supported by Xbox series S?: Hi, I am able to change the display output resolution in Xbox series S to 4K UHD. However, when I go to the capture and share settings, the maximum capture resolution available is still 1080p SDR...
  6. Screen resolution on mobile issue

in XBoX on Mobile
    Screen resolution on mobile issue: I've been trying to use the cloud gaming on my galaxy s10 5g but I'm having issues with the screen resolution, it's like it's zoomed in and the right and bottom part of the screen isn't visable....
  7. We need a Resolution Boost for the Xbox One games on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    We need a Resolution Boost for the Xbox One games on Xbox Series X: Many of the Xbox One games launched prior to One X were running at less than 1080p. When the Xbox One X launched, it also had a feature to Upscale some of the Xbox 360 games to 4K. Since the...
  8. Can't change resolution - blank screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change resolution - blank screen: Hi, My father and I have an one x and one s. I've played with the S at home without any issue and since my father bought a series x he offered me to switch, so I could use the one x. I left the...
  9. Xbox Game Bar resolution problems

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar resolution problems: Hello, So, on my PC, my display scale for text, apps and other items is 150%. I feel that anything under is way too small for my liking. But, when recording using the game bar, if my display...
  10. Xbox resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox resolution: I changed the resolution on my xbox and now my screen is all green and i am unable to see anything 345b75fb-d0a2-48f8-92aa-26b49bfff036