Resolution Mismatch

Discus and support Resolution Mismatch in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got a used X1 and when I go to start it up, my tv just displays "resolution mismatch." I've tried 2 different HDMI cables, and I tried to do a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Justin15c, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Justin15c
    Justin15c Guest

Resolution Mismatch

Just got a used X1 and when I go to start it up, my tv just displays "resolution mismatch." I've tried 2 different HDMI cables, and I tried to do a hard boot hoping it would reset the video settings but no luck. Any ideas??

:)

Justin15c, Aug 24, 2014
  2. AKHILONEAL
    AKHILONEAL Guest
    Resolution mismatch

will pressing the power and eject buttons to reset display settings work on the xbox one too??

AKHILONEAL, Aug 24, 2014
  3. Resolution mismatch

I was trying to change my Xbox to a higher resolution and it set resolution mismatch so I backed out and change the other setting and I went back and said "resolution mismatch change devices resolution" and it won't let me back out

ThreeCabbage354, Aug 24, 2014
  4. AKHILONEAL Win User

Resolution mismatch

will pressing the power and eject buttons to reset display settings work on the xbox one too??
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Resolution mismatch

Hi, power the Xbox off, then press and hold the power button and eject button, keep both buttons held until you hear the second of two power on tones then let the buttons go. That will reset the display settings, you will then need to go into the display
    settings and make any required changes.
  6. SethDoiron Win User

Xbox 360 E Problem

The xbox 360 e display isnt showing up on the tv, the 360's power button is just constantly flashing, and nothing is showing up, its just saying resolution mismatch change device's resolution..

I have everything set-up, the hdmi cables are in, one in the xbox, other in the tv, the powerbrick is working.. but nothing is showing up, just the same message.
  7. catigerman72 Win User

I can hear my Xbox One working through the TV but can't see anything one screen!!!! Please Help!!!!

Hi, you may be having a HDMI handshake issue, or a mismatched resolution issue. Try the steps in the following link. Specifically, power off xbox by holding power for at least 5 seconds to reset the system. Then turn it back on by holding power and eject
    at the same time until you hear the system beep and turn on. This will cause it to boot in 480 resolution but hopefully will give you a picture. Then go to the display setting to set a higher resolution, but I would suggest selecting HDMI instead of AUTO
    as this could be what caused the issue.

support.xbox.com/.../tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected
  8. AccyJr Win User

Version Mismatch

hi there same problem, here in new zealand from ebgames
Thema:

Resolution Mismatch

1. Resolution Mismatch - Similar Threads - Resolution Mismatch

2. [xbox one s] Error when selecting 4k UHD resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    [xbox one s] Error when selecting 4k UHD resolution: hi everyone! I´m having problems when selecting the 4k uhd resolution in my xbox one s. Although my tv supports 4k 60hz (10bit) and HDR (and its working causa i watch 4h/hdr movies on the tv...
  3. Xbox resolution problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox resolution problem: So let me start at the beginning, I got my xbox One S around 6 months ago and connected it to my TV via HDMI and as I'd expect it auto adjusted its resolution and worked! A couple weeks later I...
  4. Resolution Not Supported error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resolution Not Supported error: Hey guys, I'm in need of some major help. I've had my Xbox One X for 2.5 years now & I'm running into my first serious issue. So, to start, I play/stream on a 50" 1080p Vizio. Im tech saavy so my...
  5. Xbox one s won't change resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s won't change resolution: This is complaint I bought my Xbox one S about two years ago within 6-8months it stopped reading disks it had to be replaced . Now again my Xbox one doesn't want to change resolution it's stuck on...
  6. My Xbox One S doesn't support resolution on my 1080p computer monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S doesn't support resolution on my 1080p computer monitor: Hello everyone, Recently i tried to connect my Xbox One S to my old ASUS VG236H through HDMI and it shows resolution for 480p,720p and 1080p but when i switch it to 720p or 1080p the screen goes...
  7. Resolución de pantalla en Xbox One[Translation-Screen resolution on Xbox One]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resolución de pantalla en Xbox One[Translation-Screen resolution on Xbox One]: Hace unos dias me hice con una Xbox One, todo iba bien pero me di cuenta de que todos los juegos se veian mas grandes, haciendo partes del juego no visibles, he buscado información al respecto y...
  8. Resolution not supported

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resolution not supported: My tv screen display was very glitchy and flickering after turning the xbox on. I was using a projector before and it worked fine, but I switched to my tv and the screen is not working. My HDMI...
  9. My Xbox one is stuck with a display resolution of 640x480

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one is stuck with a display resolution of 640x480: My Xbox One S has for some reason been set to a 640x480 display resolution, and i cant change it. It was completely fine earlier and just started doing this. I've tried restarting the console,...
  10. Resolution mismatch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resolution mismatch: I was trying to change my Xbox to a higher resolution and it set resolution mismatch so I backed out and change the other setting and I went back and said "resolution mismatch change devices...