Resolution Not Supported error

Discus and support Resolution Not Supported error in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm in need of some major help. I've had my Xbox One X for 2.5 years now & I'm running into my first serious issue. So, to start, I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RoBoE36, Jul 30, 2020.

1. RoBoE36
    RoBoE36 Guest

Hey guys, I'm in need of some major help. I've had my Xbox One X for 2.5 years now & I'm running into my first serious issue. So, to start, I play/stream on a 50" 1080p Vizio. Im tech saavy so my tv is in game mode, all of my display setting are correct
    & I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling apps to no avail. I first noticed the issue im having 2 days ago, I reorganized my game storage between the internal 1TB & my external 2TB. I maxed out my internal (maybe thats my issue?), then I changed how my Xbox records
    Captures. I selected Do Not Upload, changed the resolution to record at 720p for 3 minutes. After that, I tried to watch my most recent capture & i was able to see just the first frame of video & the buffering icon before the screen went black for about :30secs,
    then i got a message on my tv saying Resolution Not Supported. I can still feel my controller vibrate when i held the Home button, the issue would persist even if I put the Xbox to sleep. I would have to reset the Xbox by selectin Reset by memory or unplugging
    the power supply from the Xbox. No big deal right? I wish! 2 days have gone by & now im having the same resolution issue whenever I try to boot up Netflix for my children on the Xbox. I get the Netflix logo for 2 seconds & Resolution Not Supported shortly
    after. I've uninstalled Netflix, reinstalled it into my external harddrive with the same issue happening immediately. I've reset my Xbox plenty of times. I'm thinking of moving all of my games to my external HD, resetting my Xbox to factory settings but I'd
    really like not to go through any of that. Any help would be appreciated as my Xbox is out of warranty Resolution Not Supported error :( Thank you guys for your time!

:)

RoBoE36, Jul 30, 2020
  2. AyeeJamesy Win User

: ERROR "INPUT NOT SUPPORTED"

The error “Input not supported” occurs when the computer's resolution doesn't match with the monitor. This error usually comes forward when you plug in a new monitor with your computer or you change the resolution to
    some value which is not supported
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox error code E102

4. onyxishere Win User

update error 307D-396B-2680-0F00-C000-0034 - console unusable

This error means that you must contact support to get a resolution. 1-800-469-9269 in North America. Good luck.
  5. MrcamRampage Win User

Resolution not supported - change the resolution of the external device

You might want to check what model TV you have. If it's 4K then It might not allow your xbox to properly function with the digital quality of your Xbox. I hope this helped!
  6. Brainy xBBEx Win User

Resolution not supported - change the resolution of the external device

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshooting-4k-and-hdr-on-xbox-one
Thema:

1. Resolution Not Supported error - Similar Threads - Resolution Supported error

2. My Xbox One S doesn't support resolution on my 1080p computer monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S doesn't support resolution on my 1080p computer monitor: Hello everyone, Recently i tried to connect my Xbox One S to my old ASUS VG236H through HDMI and it shows resolution for 480p,720p and 1080p but when i switch it to 720p or 1080p the screen goes...
  3. Resolution not supported

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resolution not supported: My tv screen display was very glitchy and flickering after turning the xbox on. I was using a projector before and it worked fine, but I switched to my tv and the screen is not working. My HDMI...
  4. Resolution not supported - change the resolution of the external device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resolution not supported - change the resolution of the external device: XBOX one S - was working perfectly (2 years) and today it just started displaying a message "Resolution not supported - change the resolution of the external device". I have tried hard reboot - no...
  5. XBox One X 1440p resolution at 120hz support For Monitors

in XboX Insiders
    XBox One X 1440p resolution at 120hz support For Monitors: Hello i am having some resolution issues here and have seen some others posting in regards. Can someone please look into this as the Xbox One X settings will change my settings to 1080p 120 hz...
  6. XBox One X 1440p resolution at 120hz support For Monitors

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X 1440p resolution at 120hz support For Monitors: Hello i am having the same issue here. And i do see that the monitor supports these outputs. Can someone please look into this as the Xbox One X settings will change my settings to 1080p 120 hz...
  7. HDR Support on 1080p or on all resolutions lower than 4K

in XboX Insiders
    HDR Support on 1080p or on all resolutions lower than 4K: There has been numerous request on the Xbox community to why we cannot run HDR content on 1080p. It appears that HDR content can only be played when 4k resolutions are enabled. I have a 1080p...
  8. Resolution .. fps ... language support ..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resolution .. fps ... language support ..: If I know that the game does not give out 60 frames, I will not buy it! ... where is the information from the developer? In my country, the manufacturer MUST write on the box of chips that they...
  9. resolution of ongoing issue with technical support

in XBoX on Consoles
    resolution of ongoing issue with technical support: I've been attempting to work with online customer support since November of 2018 regarding the inability to purchase a Gold membership via any means including attempts by the customer service...
  10. can the Xbox One X do support the feature Dynamic Super Resolution(DSR) for games 1080 in 4k?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can the Xbox One X do support the feature Dynamic Super Resolution(DSR) for games 1080 in 4k?: can the Xbox One X do support the feature Dynamic Super Resolution(DSR) for games 1080 in 4k? DSR - Factors=4.00x which enables DSR - Smoothness= 33% Dynamic Super Resolution under Change...