Restarting loses internet connection

Discus and support Restarting loses internet connection in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series X on the alpha skip ahead newest version. I am seeing issues where when I press and hold the xbox button and restart the console... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/d3m0nicsoul, Nov 21, 2020 at 5:22 PM.

1. Restarting loses internet connection

I have an Xbox Series X on the alpha skip ahead newest version. I am seeing issues where when I press and hold the xbox button and restart the console it comes back online saying connect to xbox live. When clicking the button on the dashboard it takes me to network settings saying wired connection but everythint errors out. Unplugging the ethernet cable still makes it say its wired. The only way to fix the issue is to pull the series x power cord, drain the power with the power button , and then plug it in and turn it on. Anyone seeing this issue? It seems to happen everytime I restart now.

submitted by /u/d3m0nicsoul
    [link] [comments]

/u/d3m0nicsoul, Nov 21, 2020 at 5:22 PM
  2. ColonelBoston Win User

Lost connection to host

If you're losing connection to Live & the Internet as a whole, it's your Internet, not the game. If it was just the game itself, you wouldn't be losing your internet connection. Call your ISP and have them come back & check it out.
  3. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Errore 0X803F8001 game pass

Hi There,

It looks like you may have an intermittent internet connection when you lose connection to Xbox Live while playing a digital game you will get that message. If you are using WiFi make sure the connection is strong enough or switch to an ethernet cable. Also
    try restarting your console and your router.
  4. NENGaming Win User

My updates will not install!

Your game is already installed so that will remain. You will not lose anything by retrying the update. Chances are the update will restart from 96%. If you are also having the same problem with Fifa 14 then can I ask what internet connection you have. Also
    are you using a wired connection or wifi?
  5. DustinKinn Win User

xbox loses connection to the Internet

What version of the Xbox do you have? Is it possible you are connecting wirelessly and wired at the same time? This would create a network loop.

Additionally, it almost seems like an IP conflict. You don't have an IP hard coded on your Xbox that might fall into your new routers DHCP range, do you?
  6. MockingjaysRule Win User

Keep losing Internet connection.

I doubt it's your upstream bandwidth. If your NAT is reading as Open but you can't connect to certain people or have connectivity issues, call Xbox Support and ask for Connectivity Department to get the right people. The NATs of BOTH players have to be messed
    up to keep them from connecting to each other. Your NAT may not be truly Open. I had the same issues. What happens is many modems, Motorola included, exert a weak NAT of their own, a weak router function. The NATs of the modem and routers will overlap and
    cause your issues. Also, a router may also need to be slightly altered to enhance online gaming connection. Both issues can be solved relatively quickly by Connectivity Support.
Thema:

Restarting loses internet connection

1. Restarting loses internet connection - Similar Threads - Restarting loses internet

2. The text support at xbox told me to restart my xbox because i brought a gold card it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The text support at xbox told me to restart my xbox because i brought a gold card it...: I brought a xbox game card it didn't. Want to load i call xbox for help they told me that there wassa glitch. On there end he fixed it and told me restart. My xbox i did it took a while. To come...
  3. Xbox Series S | Long Restart time after language change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S | Long Restart time after language change: Hi, yesterday I changed the language of my Xbox Series S for the first time and restarted the device. It took 2 minutes to restart it, now it quickly restarts when I change between the same...
  4. Xbox Series X crashing while restarting!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashing while restarting!: So my Xbox Series X arrived on November 12th and it was working fine. That’s until I inserted the Seagate 1 TB expansion card. Then I held down the Xbox button on the controller and pressed...
  5. Series X Restarts After Shutdown, Then Won't Function or Power Off Without Reboot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Restarts After Shutdown, Then Won't Function or Power Off Without Reboot: Every time I play on the Xbox Series X then shut down using the controller or power button, the console turns back on a few seconds later. The Xbox then freezes on the start/profile select screen....
  6. XBOX Series X startup / boot screen temporarily freezes, goes black, and restarts itself...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X startup / boot screen temporarily freezes, goes black, and restarts itself...: Do any of you with an XBOX Series X | S console have this problem? Powering on the XBOX Series X, or Series S for that matter, the XBOX logo / boot sequence plays, and then it freezes, the power...
  7. Lego Indiana Jones restarts at 79%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lego Indiana Jones restarts at 79%: I tried downloading the latest Games With Gold title on my Xbox 360 which is Lego Indiana Jones. The download got to 79% and then reset to 0%. Has this happened to anyone else?....
  8. It keeps telling me to restart it

in XBoX on Consoles
    It keeps telling me to restart it: Lately my xbox wouldnt turn on so i would reset it and then it would work but yesterday it woundn’t turn on so i did the same thing and then it completly signed me out of my xbox so i signed in...
  9. Will I lose my Ebon Flitlock pistol if I restart my game?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Will I lose my Ebon Flitlock pistol if I restart my game?: Guys, If I decide to create a new pirate and start a new game, will I lose the Ebon Flitlock Pistol that I got in the Mixer streaming? I don't really like the look of my character....
  10. Console Losing Static IP on Restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Losing Static IP on Restart: I have my system set up to use a static IP so I can forward ports and keep an open NAT. Every time I do a hard restart of my console it drops the IP settings and I have to re-enter them. This only...