restricted domain

Discus and support restricted domain in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; when originally setting up the Live account with our .ca email address it claimed it was a restricted domain so we used my wife's work address which... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WheatenWolf99, May 1, 2014.

1. restricted domain

when originally setting up the Live account with our .ca email address it claimed

it was a restricted domain so we used my wife's work address which is a .com and

that worked but is now causing issues there .....can it be changed to our .ca...

the other day i tired setting up a profile for her and this time the .ca worked for

that when i tried to change my profile said restricted domain again

any help would be good

:)

WheatenWolf99, May 1, 2014
  2. DENAz666
    DENAz666 Guest
    DENAz666, May 1, 2014
  3. InCaudaVenenum, May 1, 2014
  4. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

restricted domain

Hey there Wolf!

To help us better understand the situation, here's a few questions for you:

1. When you say you tried setting up a profile for her on your .ca email, is this the same .ca email that you're trying to change your Microsoft Account to?
    2. You say "but now it's causing issues there" when talking about the .com email address. What issues are you seeing?
    3. Are you getting any error codes or error messages?
    4. What method are you using to change the email address of your Microsoft Account?

Let us know and we'll be standing by to hear back from you! ^_^

Mister Cerb, May 3, 2014
  5. Mister Cerb Win User

restricted domain

Hey there Wolf!

To help us better understand the situation, here's a few questions for you:

1. When you say you tried setting up a profile for her on your .ca email, is this the same .ca email that you're trying to change your Microsoft Account to?
    2. You say "but now it's causing issues there" when talking about the .com email address. What issues are you seeing?
    3. Are you getting any error codes or error messages?
    4. What method are you using to change the email address of your Microsoft Account?

Let us know and we'll be standing by to hear back from you! ^_^
  6. Tormaz Win User

Domain

Hello!

Can you clarify what you're trying to do? Are you trying to restrict certain games on your Xbox or from any device? Are you just trying to prevent certain games from being played online?
  7. InCaudaVenenum Win User

Domain

Visit this page https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-connection-error-solution

There is a solution subsection regarding DNS issues.
  8. DENAz666 Win User

Microsoft+ Sony team up?

9. Dirty Loco Win User

Gamertag Copyright???

[quote user="Lord BaneJ"]

If it's was not previously registered or trade mark, I don't see any recourse on your side.

PS: Even Microsoft had to
    buy the halo4 domain
    from a domain squatter.

[/quote]

Not unusual. Apple had to pay $4.5 million for icloud.com from a domain squatter. Being the registered owner of a name doesn't give the rights to the domain name.
Thema:

restricted domain

1. restricted domain - Similar Threads - restricted domain

2. Parent restrictions turned off dont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent restrictions turned off dont work: i want to disable all restrictions for my son becasue he cannot do basic tasks such as change his custom image for his xbox one profile, I have turned everything off and gone through all the...
  3. Family parent content restrictions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family parent content restrictions: In your Family you can "always allow" some apps/games that are above your child's age restriction. Is there a way to do the same for the parent account if you have applied an age restriction on...
  4. Unable to connect with XBOX live using kids account with 13 year old restriction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect with XBOX live using kids account with 13 year old restriction: Hello Experts, I have 3 kids account set up with 13 years old restriction at https://account.microsoft.com/family/?fref=home.card.family. They can play all games we bought on console and now...
  5. Some games will not load with restrictions set on none.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some games will not load with restrictions set on none.: Looking for n answer that apparently xbox can't supply. My console will not load some online games. It goes to the load screen then minutes later returns to the home screen. We have every reset...
  6. Time Restrictions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Time Restrictions: If I want to make the time restrictions so that my child doesn't go on after say 1am in morning how do I do this please 26a3021a-5854-4a1e-bd64-f38175b57d0d
  7. xbox family account - cross platform restrictions

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox family account - cross platform restrictions: Hi There, I have family Microsoft account and my son is on our account as a child. For some reason when he logs into the xbox to play on fortnite with his mates he gets a box appear on the screen...
  8. Setting restrictions for children with adult Xbox accounts without losing their game data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting restrictions for children with adult Xbox accounts without losing their game data: I have two children who set up adult Xbox accounts. I need to rectify in order to create limits, but it's telling me I cannot adjust their settings. I need to know what I have to do to allow me to...
  9. Notice of Implementation of Xbox Live Restrictions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Notice of Implementation of Xbox Live Restrictions: My question has been suspended. I can only ask again. . Where to complain about access restrictions? Otherwise the reputation would be "completely green" ... ( Case Review : Not eligible )...
  10. Notice of Implementation of Xbox Live Restrictions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Notice of Implementation of Xbox Live Restrictions: Enforcement impact:The offending content was removed and the following Xbox Live features may be limited: Suspended features This account's custom Gamerpic was inappropriate. This may be due to...