Retrieving saved games, etc. from removed Xbox One hard drive

Discus and support Retrieving saved games, etc. from removed Xbox One hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. Recently, my grandson dropped his Xbox One and would no longer output video. We bought him a refurbished unit, but all of his saved games are on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MikeLaw1, Sep 5, 2019.

1. MikeLaw1
    MikeLaw1 Guest

Hi.

Recently, my grandson dropped his Xbox One and would no longer output video. We bought him a refurbished unit, but all of his saved games are on the old drive. Also, even though he knows his gamertag, he forgot what email address was associated with it.

I was going to just swap out the old drive into the new Xbox, but I'm not sure yet whether the drive works or if the data is intact. My plan is to put it in an external drive enclosure and try to access the data and get it over to the new Xbox.

Once I get the drive into the enclosure would it be as easy as just plugging it into the Xbox or would I need to connect to a PC and make modifications? What is the best method for this and what are the potential issues I could face? Is there a step-by-step
    somewhere I could follow?

Thanks in advance.

:)

MikeLaw1, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

Unfortunately you would still need his account information in order to properly use any of the save data on the new console as he would still need to be able to sign into his account. As already stated, if he was signed in while playing, his saves would
    have been stored on the cloud and not the hard drive, so the hard drive would only have the game files which can be redownloaded once he signs into his account.

The internal hard drives on the Xbox Ones are not meant to be removed and swapped and the Xbox files are not meant to be seen on a PC. There would be no way for you to recover the files on his hard drive without breaking the terms of service and risking
    banishment. As such, that cannot be discussed on the forums.
  3. denis97g Win User

4. mocoworm Win User

Does he not have any screenshots on his phone or other social media that will show the email address? I know it's a long shot but I have pics that show mine when I have taken a pic of my gamerscore for example from my dashboard.
  5. MikeLaw1 Win User

His saves are saved in the cloud in his profile, the ideal would be to remember this email.
    That would be ideal, but I've had no luck getting him to remember.
  6. MikeLaw1 Win User

Hi! if you played with your console connected to the internet, usually saves are also stored on the cloud. You just have to start the game with the account that played and it should sync the save automatically. If you don't remember the email, you
    can try to recover it https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution
    I already tried that method. We thought we figured out the most likely email address, but the password reset didn't work. It stated we didn't have enough information to prove it was him. When he set this up his account he was 10 or 11 so he doesn't remember.
    Who knows what information he put in to identify himself?

That's why I'm trying to find a method to recover all this information from the original drive, preferably without having to install the drive into the new Xbox.
Thema:

1. Retrieving saved games, etc. from removed Xbox One hard drive - Similar Threads - Retrieving saved games

2. Fortnite - Save the World message "Unable to Retrieve Purchase Data"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite - Save the World message "Unable to Retrieve Purchase Data": After today's (12/18/18) update by Epic I can no longer get into Save the World. At the point where you select "Save the World" I get an error message stating "Unable to Retrieve Purchase Data. I...
  3. How can I retrieve my saved game data on Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I retrieve my saved game data on Xbox One?: I accidentally deleted my saved game data on Xbox One. Does anybody know how can I retrieve it back? 99aa944c-26a6-4b15-bedc-e1d09e0efd25
  4. Can I retrieve a game save which has been overwritten?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I retrieve a game save which has been overwritten?: Hello, My son has accidentally overwritten our Lego Marvel Super Heroes game save. I would like to revert back to the previous game save so that we don't lose all of our progress. The Xbox was...
  5. retrieveing games save ob shared games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    retrieveing games save ob shared games: Hi. i need some advice on how to retrieve game save data and achievements on a replacement console,had console replaced for controller issues,need to know how to get back all the game data etc,on...
  6. Retrieve last saved game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Retrieve last saved game: Hi. My son was about 50 bricks away from getting all the gold bricks on Lego Avengers superheroes having been playing it for the past 4 months. However I logged in this morning and inadvertently...
  7. How to retrieve overwritten Save Game Data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to retrieve overwritten Save Game Data: Hello My son & I have been playing Lego Avengers for a while now, and this is the second time he's Overwrote our saved game data. Lego Marvel Super Heroes only has 4 Game Save Data slots. My son...
  8. Retrieving game save data from the cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Retrieving game save data from the cloud: Hello, I've been playing Lego Marvel Superheroes for a while, and had 233/250 Gold bricks. One more session would've netted me 100% completion. Came home from work to find my 1 year old daughter...
  9. How to fix: we cannot retrieve last game save

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix: we cannot retrieve last game save: Here is a solution that worked for me when it said we cannot retrieve your last game save sync issue. 1: press and hold xbox button on console for 10 seconds to turn off. 2: clear cache by...
  10. "We were unable to retrieve your latest saved data" message on all games

in XBoX on Consoles
    "We were unable to retrieve your latest saved data" message on all games: Hi, Does anyone else have this issue? I'm starting to get worried that I may lose 4+ hours of Fallout gameplay as I elected to use the Use Offline option :( 38684b20-a25a-4d11-a384-9c451dda7ce1