Revert to last Gamertag changed by someone

Discus and support Revert to last Gamertag changed by someone in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi good afternoon, my gamertag was changed by someone I don't know and now, I want back the last gamertag before it was changed to this current one. Do... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GiftedId067, May 4, 2021.

1. GiftedId067
    GiftedId067 Guest

Hi good afternoon, my gamertag was changed by someone I don't know and now, I want back the last gamertag before it was changed to this current one. Do have any ideas or ways on how to go back with the last gamertag?

:)

GiftedId067, May 4, 2021
  2. SychoSide Win User

May I ask how someone had access to your account to change your Gamertag?

Also, you can change your gamertag, usually with a $10 fee if you have already did so once already.

More info, and how to do so by various devices can be found here: https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/account-profile/profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag

Also note, there is a new Gamertag system where you can only use 12 characters which will be followed by a randomly generated 4 digit number at the end, similar to Discord and Battle Net.

However, since someone else changed your tag without your knowledge, I would recommend contacting Support directly. There available times and methods of reaching them is also available in that link provided.

Hope this helps you out!
  3. JordanHornsby Win User

Changing Gamertag and Reverting Back

My data has been deleted in i need to talk to Microsoft asap
  4. Smwutches Win User

If someone takes your gamertag before you change it back or you try to change it before the server notices it's freed up, then you would get a suffix.
  5. ItsLuanrox Win User

the suffix will be removed, but why revert back?
  6. TheDarkCoder Win User

Wanted my Xbox gamertag shortened, now its only longer.

So is there no way to revert the change I made, and go back to my old gamertag (4)?
Thema:

1. Revert to last Gamertag changed by someone - Similar Threads - Revert last Gamertag

2. : 4K Displays correctly, but immediately reverts to 1080p

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : 4K Displays correctly, but immediately reverts to 1080p: : 4K Displays correctly, but immediately reverts to 1080p This does not help. The link basically states to look through TV settings and try different HDMI cables, both of which I have already...
  3. REVERTING BACK to 360? Will my game progress save? (Terraria)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    REVERTING BACK to 360? Will my game progress save? (Terraria): I have been playing Terraria for years now and I decided to switch to XB1 however after switching I sold my old XBOX 360 which I'm thinking was a mistake. I had my Terraria and other games (Real...
  4. friends profile pics reverting back to there ones

in XBoX on Consoles
    friends profile pics reverting back to there ones: so i was just playing hanging with some friends in a party at first i didn't notice but then i realized that there profile pictures where showing there old profile pics like one of friends had a...
  5. Please revert the change to join and invite order on friend menu

in XboX Insiders
    Please revert the change to join and invite order on friend menu: Some recent update has flipped the order of the join and invite options on your friends. Why? Really do not like this, as if my friends in a party I want to join first instead of inviting. I'm...
  6. Cloud Sync reverted my save to older one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Sync reverted my save to older one: I had played Forza Horizon 3 on my Xbox Series X. I continued to play it on my Windows 10 PC for a couple of weeks by using cloud saves. Then after a couple of weeks playing on PC, I wanted to...
  7. Xbox One S keeps reverting an automatic IPv4 address which can’t connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S keeps reverting an automatic IPv4 address which can’t connect to the internet: For Christmas I got a brand new Xbox One S, but its been wrought with issues from the start. The most persistent issue is that it keeps disconnecting from the Internet. I set up its IPv4...
  8. My xbox live gold turned into game pass and i want to revert it back to xbox live gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox live gold turned into game pass and i want to revert it back to xbox live gold: So I just bought xbox gold and when I redeemed it, it became 4 months of xbox games pass. I only had one month of game pass left and I wanted to switch to gold because I no longer use the games. I...
  9. PC Xbox App does not save account selection - always reverts to logging in as Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Xbox App does not save account selection - always reverts to logging in as Microsoft account: Hi all, hopefully someone can help with this. I have the Xbox app on PC. It starts with Windows. The default account it logs in with is the Outlook address used to setup the OS but that isn't my...
  10. Reverting Game Pass Ultimate to regular

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reverting Game Pass Ultimate to regular: Greetings, In my haste I subscribed to Xbox Ultimate (my mistake), I do want to revert my subscription and when I do so, it cancels my subscription altogether. I've "renewed" the Ultimate...