RF or WiFi Media Remote

Discus and support RF or WiFi Media Remote in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We use the xBox 360 (3 of them) for media much more than games and would like to have a full function media remote that uses the xBox RF technology... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ScottLeslie, May 31, 2014.

1. ScottLeslie
    ScottLeslie Guest

RF or WiFi Media Remote

We use the xBox 360 (3 of them) for media much more than games and would like to have a full function media remote that uses the xBox RF technology that's in the game controller. The Microsoft IR media remotes are not nearly reliable or friendly enough
    to match the xBox's capability as an entertainment hub. Alternately, WiFi technology would be another good choice and is even better if the IP command set is published so that xBox control could be added to the new breed of WiFi remotes from URC and others.

:)

ScottLeslie, May 31, 2014
  2. RF Remote

I use a radio frequency remote to operate my Dish box, which is located in another room. I can connect the console to the XBox One with a long HDMI cable, but cannot operate the Dish Box thru my console. I have an extended antenna that I use with my Dish
    remote. Any idea how to set up to operate tv?

MarkieMark1743, May 31, 2014
  3. RF Remote

Hi MarkieMark - the Kinect uses IR to control the STB, so it needs to have line of sight to it. Alternatively, you can use an IR extension cable to reach the Dish box.

The box also needs to be controllable via IR and the DISH box needs to be set to IR address 1.

JT Kimbell [MSFT], May 31, 2014
  4. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

RF Remote

Hi MarkieMark - the Kinect uses IR to control the STB, so it needs to have line of sight to it. Alternatively, you can use an IR extension cable to reach the Dish box.

The box also needs to be controllable via IR and the DISH box needs to be set to IR address 1.
  5. MisterSwitch Win User

Xbox and bell fibe

I'm rocking the RF version of that remote ;)
  6. Dannegger1983 Win User

Directv hr24-100 box help.does anyone know how to get the Directv hr24-100 box to work with xbox one

go to setting, remote control , program remote, advanced,IR/RF setup then make sure the remote type is IR
  7. Dannegger1983 Win User

Directv hr24-100 box help.does anyone know how to get the Directv hr24-100 box to work with xbox one

change your directv receiver from rf back to ir in remote control settings
  8. khdgvjd Win User

xbox won't change channels through voice commend nor controller

@ Studbucket, I have a Comcast X1 DVR and am having same issues also. Our X1 remote uses IR or RF. Currently it is on RF. Any help would b appreciated. Thank you.
Thema:

RF or WiFi Media Remote

1. RF or WiFi Media Remote - Similar Threads - WiFi Media Remote

2. 'Hardware Problem' message when I try to connect to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    'Hardware Problem' message when I try to connect to wifi: Last week in the midst of playing a game on my Xbox One, I got kicked off my WiFi and since then I haven't been able to get back on it. When I try try to run a test connection it tells me it's not...
  3. Tiles have no images? Data, wifi, nada

in XboX Insiders
    Tiles have no images? Data, wifi, nada: [IMG] submitted by /u/Leo_Ascendent [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox one causes WiFi to restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one causes WiFi to restart: I bought a new xbox one that causes the internet to restart a minute after connecting to it wirelessly. It definitely resets the router as all other devices connected loose connection at the same...
  5. Wifi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wifi: Wifi Hi zezoboodyulder, Please create your own thread if you need assistance. We will be happy to help you on your own thread so you can provide more details on the issue. Thank you....
  6. : Xbox 1s keeps saying “sign in with controller”? Won’t connect to WiFi.

: Xbox 1s keeps saying “sign in with controller”? Won’t connect to WiFi.: : Xbox 1s keeps saying “sign in with controller”? Won’t connect to WiFi. I went to sign in & instead of going to my account I selected “add new” & re-added my account. I just signed but thank you....
  7. Can’t connect to Xbox live via Xfinity wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live via Xfinity wifi: Ive been trying to connect my xbox to xfinity wifi for almost 2 days. Ive tried resetting my xbox and when i go to try and connect to my xfinity wifi, it says, “cannot connect to DHCP server.” Can...
  8. Fails to connect to wifi!

Fails to connect to wifi!: Fails to connect to wifi! Hello Evil_0ne, Some advice I would like to offer, if possible I'd recommend a wire connection for the best online experience, but if you can not hard wire, I would...
  9. WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    WiFi: Why are the WiFi connection speeds different on my phone and my one x? The phone is a galaxy note 4, it does not have any cell service it is my old phone and not on my cellphone plan any more so...
  10. VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox one x - Wifi can't connect to Virgin Media 3.0

VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox one x - Wifi can't connect to Virgin Media 3.0: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways) Superhub 2: Xbox one x - Wifi can't connect to Virgin Media 3.0 Hi I've recently bought a Xbox one x and the set up was all good with the Virgin hub 2.0. We've...