Ridiculous costs for repair. Xbox WiFi hardware problem

Discus and support Ridiculous costs for repair. Xbox WiFi hardware problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A few weeks ago i contacted xbox support, My xbox could no longer connect to WiFi or ethernet. The xbox gave a: "wifi hardware not working. this xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheN1ckname, Oct 24, 2017.

1. TheN1ckname
    TheN1ckname Guest

A few weeks ago i contacted xbox support, My xbox could no longer connect to WiFi or ethernet. The xbox gave a: "wifi hardware not working. this xbox needs to be sent in." message.

I contacted xbox support and since my xbox was out of warranty, they told me I had to pay 130-150 euro upfront to get it repaired. I didn't agree to this. Then I went online and bought a replacement WiFi module this costs me 12.98 euro's. Today i received
    the part and put it in. My xbox is working fine right now.

Its kinda bizarre that xbox support want to charge > 130 euros for a simple WiFi card replacement.

I hope that people who have the same problem as I had read this and replace the part themselves instead of spending > 130 euros for a replacement which costs less than 1 hour.

And xbox you should be ashamed for charging that much.

Regards,

Nick

:)

TheN1ckname, Oct 24, 2017
  2. Chamdogg1
    Chamdogg1 Guest
    Ridiculous UK Repair Costs!!!

I've had to do the same and I totally agree with you. It's disgraceful that Microsoft expect their customer to front the postage costs. Not only that but the cost of a secondary controller in order to play a brand new console. I really get the impression
    that they don't care enough about their customers.

I called Xbox support and had a massive moan about the situation. They sent me an email detailing how to complain, either writing to them or replying to the email, which is what I did. That was on the 28th November and I've still not even received an acknowledgement
    email back.

Really not happy about it all. I'm half tempted to send it all back and buy a PS4 instead!

Chamdogg1, Oct 24, 2017
  3. Ridiculous UK Repair Costs!!!

There is no way you should be required to pay for fixing it if it's within a reasonable lifetime of the product. Look up the sales of goods act, and get on to Xbox chat support.

Tom Montgomery, Oct 24, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

While I agree that the cost Microsoft charge for a out of warranty repair is way to much, self repair or getting anyone other than Microsoft to repair your console is a strict violation of the ToU/CoC & will result in a console ban.

Even discussing self repair on the forums is not allowed.

Daft Badger, Oct 24, 2017
  5. Daft Badger Win User

While I agree that the cost Microsoft charge for a out of warranty repair is way to much, self repair or getting anyone other than Microsoft to repair your console is a strict violation of the ToU/CoC & will result in a console ban.

Even discussing self repair on the forums is not allowed.
  6. Tom Montgomery Win User

Good point Tezcatlipoca (that's quite a name!)... I meant to say talk to Xbox Chat and then if they really can't sort it out, go to where you bought it from. After the RROD I really thought they'd go to lengths to avoid any issues like this. I also wonder
    if their chat support is being massively overwhelmed, as normally they're pretty good, but it's very hit and miss at the moment.

The Sale of Goods Act is a good thing to know about when you have problems like this. So also is the distance selling law, but I don't know too much about this. Basically, if you've bought something online and it's faulty, they pretty much have to sort it
    out for free or let you return it within a very short amount of time... 16 days maybe? The product has to be faulty though, and bought via delivery of course. Again, best to look that one up before believing me though, as has already been demonstrated :).
  7. Maytrix Win User

The way around this is to return it. Problem is you can't necessarily buy a new one so quickly, although I think stores are getting new stock - it won't be so long before you can walk in a store and buy one.
  8. Mister_Tez Win User

The Sale of Goods Act only applies to Microsoft if the console was bought from Microsoft. Your statutory rights as a consumer under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) are with the retailer, not the manufacturer.

All you have with the manufacturer is the standard manufacturer's warranty.

Having said that, I fully agree that it's absolutely unacceptable to have to pay to ship something back under warranty, especially if the cost of shipping something to Prague is more than the cost of simply buying a new replacement!
  9. Tkavil Win User

I'm in Canada and they're making me pay to ship my faulty headset to them Albeit is only $10, it is ridiculous that I incur out of pocket expenses for a product that should have been working out of the box. Call and complain and let them know you're not
    OK with this, they'll have to modify this sooner or later.
Thema:

1. Ridiculous costs for repair. Xbox WiFi hardware problem - Similar Threads - Ridiculous costs repair

2. Ridiculous! 3 Defective Elite Series 2 Controllers in Less Than a Week!! Anyone Else Having...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ridiculous! 3 Defective Elite Series 2 Controllers in Less Than a Week!! Anyone Else Having...: Got my 3rd Elite Series 2 Controller yesterday from Best Buy in less than a week. I have spent nearly what the controller is worth driving 45 minutes to and back from Best Buy exchanging them....
  3. I was communication banned for nothing? This is like the 2nd time. This is ridiculous. I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was communication banned for nothing? This is like the 2nd time. This is ridiculous. I...: email me (Mod Removed - Personal Information) Even on your forums for your code of conduct, it says theres a difference between trash talking and harassment. I didnt even say anything bad and i...
  4. Ridiculous 24 hour communication ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ridiculous 24 hour communication ban: So apparently the bot that bans people is so sensitive you can message the word butt. This is absolutely ridiculous. I would understand if i cursed in any way or used a racial slur but using the...
  5. Xbox reporting is ridiculous

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox reporting is ridiculous: Xbox reporting is fundamentally broken. Even if someone does deserve a suspension they just make a new account in seconds which they can say whatever they like with no punishments. This system is...
  6. What is with Microsoft xbox streaming settings they are ridiculous?

in XBoX on Windows
    What is with Microsoft xbox streaming settings they are ridiculous?: So far this is what i figured out. Doing it again, lowering it from 120hz to 60hz on the xbox capped it at 13mbps, that is spinning around in circles on black desert. Turning it back to 120hz...
  7. ENFORCEMENT IS RIDICULOUS

in XBoX on Consoles
    ENFORCEMENT IS RIDICULOUS: I have been banned for the 4th time for “abusive language” while playing a competitive gaming. Only a simple text can get you banned for 15 days even though you are just replying a toxic and...
  8. Ridiculous Enforcement

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ridiculous Enforcement: Hey guys I´m very disappointed About the xbox Enforcement. I got enforced for a ridiculous reason and I want to complain About that. Now you may be asking, "why have you been enforced?". Well let...
  9. XBOX ENFORCEMENT BAN RIDICULOUS

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ENFORCEMENT BAN RIDICULOUS: GETTING A COMMUNICATION BAN FROM XBOX LIVE AFTER A RAGE KID WHO KEPT SPAMMING THE REPORT BUTTON AFTER SCREAMING DOWN THE MIC RACIST THINGS YET I GET A 2 WEEK BAN!!!! AND XBOX ENFORCEMENT NEVER...
  10. Xbox is getting ridiculous

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is getting ridiculous: Now I cannot express how angry I and the Xbox community are getting due to these enforcement actions. I have been banned 6 times and each time for at least 2 weeks. Every time I get a ban it is...