Ripped off by Microsoft

Discus and support Ripped off by Microsoft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can anyone please advise.I bought my son 'skins' on Fortnite for £20. There was a delay and it looked like the sale hadn't gone through so after 5... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SAF TILTT, Jul 11, 2019.

1. SAF TILTT
    SAF TILTT Guest

Ripped off by Microsoft

Can anyone please advise.I bought my son 'skins' on Fortnite for £20. There was a delay and it looked like the sale hadn't gone through so after 5 minutes we did it again. A week later I noticed that I had been charged twice. £40!!

It's a nightmare getting a response from Microsoft/Xbox, its just a generic email saying 'no refund'. I had an online chat for half an hour with a 'worker' who ended up telling me nothing new. I'm going around in circles. Its clear there was an error as
    the payments are within minutes of each other! Any advice? This feels like daylight robbery, Microsoft must make thousands of £££ from children making the same mistake.

:)

SAF TILTT, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Tarnend Win User

Ripped off by Microsoft

Also if you explain that its a purchase for exactly the same thing twice in a short space of time as i would have though that a purchase for an actual skin wouldnt go through for something you already own (ie the first payment) if it was for fortnite currency
    (v-bucks) then that may be a different story as that could be used for different things in the game..... just giving you a heads up.

Cheers
  3. SAF TILTT Win User

Ripped off by Microsoft

Thanks for all your relies, I'll try each one!
  4. Korhog Win User
  5. iamXCOMBATICUSX Win User

Ripped off by Microsoft

Hi there, it looks like you'll be needing to call Xbox support for this issue. They are equipped to help deal with these issues whereas we here on the forums and Twitter are not. I really do apologize for making you do another trip of running around. The
    link provided will take you to the support number. Sorry again for this inconvenience, but we here in the Ambassador program are not given the tools to deal with these sorts of issues.

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/contact-us
  6. choppyseize Win User

Ripped off by Microsoft

You can request a free call-back by signing on at
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us and selecting Billing. When prompted to speak to a virtual agent, decline
    it. After answering a few more questions, you should get the option to request a callback.
Thema:

Ripped off by Microsoft

1. Ripped off by Microsoft - Similar Threads - Ripped off Microsoft

2. Just got Ripped off over 600 bucks from unauthorised Microsoft purchases.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Just got Ripped off over 600 bucks from unauthorised Microsoft purchases.: I'm sharing this experiance to all Microsoft account users, to caution you about loading and storing any credit card details on your Microsoft account. Ive just been stung over 600 dollars...
  3. Microsoft New Zealand ripping us off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft New Zealand ripping us off: Why are you always ripping us off here in New Zealand. The deal price on Monster Hunter is 25 USD which equates to 37 NZD and so you are pocketing a further 8 dollars. This happens on a lot of...
  4. Microsoft: Ripped off, forgotten and no one cares at Microsoft or Xbox

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Microsoft: Ripped off, forgotten and no one cares at Microsoft or Xbox: Microsoft (Routers): Ripped off, forgotten and no one cares at Microsoft or Xbox Don't fall for the Xbox scam, you spend thousands of dollars on their products, games, videos and movies and when...
  5. Microsoft, please fix you issues with ripping off coins!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft, please fix you issues with ripping off coins!!!!: Yet another loss of coins on my first game of the evening!! I purchased my power ball numbers and system crashed. Everything blinking, wouldn't stop, had to leave game, get your warning that all...
  6. this is very unfair and feels like were being ripped off microsoft.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    this is very unfair and feels like were being ripped off microsoft.: a few years ago roughly 8 years ago I bought minecraft the digital version on my xbox 360 and every single dlc and skin pack that was relevant at that point then 3 years extra I bought myself a...
  7. Microsoft Points, being ripped off and abused by Microsoft RANT

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Points, being ripped off and abused by Microsoft RANT: I have been a loyal subscriber to Xbox live for 8 years on this account and 1 before this account. And even when Microsoft charged for services like multiplayer when Sony didn't, I still payed....
  8. First and Last Microsoft Purchase - ripped off on Kinect Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    First and Last Microsoft Purchase - ripped off on Kinect Adapter: I bought the Xbox One S for my son for Xmas with Kinect. However, Microsoft doesn't do a good job of letting you know you have to buy a $40 adapter. I don't mind the $40, just let me know and...
  9. discusted with microsoft xbox feel like getting ripped off!!!!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    discusted with microsoft xbox feel like getting ripped off!!!!!!!: Have multiple xbox one systems in home but cannot share downloaded games with my son on all xboxs. I have to have only one home xbox and thats the only xbox he can use to play anygames i purchace...
  10. Sorry Microsoft but you appear to be rip off merchants

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sorry Microsoft but you appear to be rip off merchants: I purchased two x box one consoles, for grandchildren, 27/09/15 and one has just stopped working and apparently thrown up error codes regarding updates. It seems that it is a common problem at...