Rise of Tombraider disc install - messup if needing updates

Discus and support Rise of Tombraider disc install - messup if needing updates in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; New Series X migrated from X1. If all updates are there when starting game from disc, all is fine. But if any update it's messed up - queue listing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BookishFlunky90, Sep 22, 2022 at 7:22 PM.

1. Rise of Tombraider disc install - messup if needing updates

New Series X migrated from X1.

If all updates are there when starting game from disc, all is fine.

But if any update it's messed up

- queue listing keeps refreshing image of game plus "Updating..." every second

- no estimated download time, and no bandwidth

- and stops update every now and then and you have to resume

Had to can and not finish a 29 GB update.

- when asked to do update while installing disc, I say later

- this way that updates goes ok since you start an update when game is not started

But updates needed for all addons I have become a mess and have to resume every minute or so. They don't show separate updates, so always initiated as game starts.

Luckily those were small to went through in the end.

Not sure if general fault since other games went ok so far that also were disc installs.

Never had anything like that on 360 or X1 though.

But might be game developer thing how they handle updates if there when starting game also.

Anybody had similar, please chime in...

:)

BookishFlunky90, Sep 22, 2022 at 7:22 PM
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this BOOKISHFLUNKY90

Sorry to hear that you're having a bad time installing this game.
    Is this happening only when you try to update this game?

If yes, may I know what did you tried so far to fix this problem?
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed.

---------
    In the meantime, this can be a bit basic but in case you didn't try it, it's good to cover the possibility:
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, try to remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, try again
  3. ElectroFlying Win User

Best Story In Your Opinion

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and The Wolf Among Us on the 360, and for the X1. Rise of the Tombraider.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Installing games to Xbox one. Please help?!

Games download and install the updates available before installing the disc, if you have poor internet speeds then this is why, take dead rising that has a 12 GB update to it, the downloads first then installs the disc, try disconnecting from the network
    first then install the disc.
  5. Malacath Win User

Installing Games

It installs the whole disc only if there are no updates.

If there are updates then it will pull the updated files off the internet as the game is installed.

Dead rising 3 for instance downloads 12GB while installing even though the game is only about 20GB on disc.

So the only time the whole disc is installed without downloading anything is if there are no updates available.

You can avoid this by disconnecting your console from the internet before installing a disc. This will let the whole disc install without downloading anything. Problem is that next time you connect it will insist on downloading the update anyway.
  6. CloudsIllusion Win User

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Points ingame are bound to Xbox-account?

Thank you. So you think this works, just transferring the savegames of this one game (Rise of the TombRaider)? This Option exists in the Xbox?
Thema:

1. Rise of Tombraider disc install - messup if needing updates - Similar Threads - Rise Tombraider disc

2. Dead rising 2 off the record

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead rising 2 off the record: I was scrolling through the Xbox store, and I saw dead rising 2 off the record was multiplayer, but I want to know if it is cross platform xbox one to ps4 ad7a9aeb-91c4-48b9-9e3e-10de880816b1
  3. Immortals Fenyx Rising and Rewards

in XboX Insiders
    Immortals Fenyx Rising and Rewards: Playing Immortals Fenyx Rising doesn't seem to activate "Play a PC game" reward activity. Is i normal? submitted by /u/Xusa [link] [comments]
  4. Dead Rising Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead Rising Xbox 360: Today was my birthday and I got a copy of dead rising 1 from the Xbox 360, but I soon learned that it is not backwards compatible with Xbox one. If you own the Xbox 360 dead rising, can you use it...
  5. Creation of Game "Rise of Nations 2"

in XboX Insiders
    Creation of Game "Rise of Nations 2": Microsotft could create "Rise of Nations 2" game in which it would enhance to the game "Empire Earth II" abilities. Basically with the Age of Empires III and IV Graphics and better. The basic...
  6. Why isn't Immortals Feynx Rising on the Game pass list it's due to be on today Aug 30th

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't Immortals Feynx Rising on the Game pass list it's due to be on today Aug 30th: Looking for Immortals Feynx Rising on gamepass it set to come out today Aug 30th 4ef80208-387d-4a96-8a1b-635fea024f4d
  7. Rise of the Tombraider on PC Xbox Beta App unvailable

in XBoX on Windows
    Rise of the Tombraider on PC Xbox Beta App unvailable: Would not launch with error code. Uninstalled...not will not reinstall with error code. Games seems to be unavailable at the moment? Is there a fix or just wait? thanks...
  8. Rise of the tombraider save not loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rise of the tombraider save not loading: Ok so I went to load rise of the tomb raider and pressed continue which shows 26% but instead the game just restarts from the beginning , I even tried several other saves and the same thing...
  9. Credit card has been charged twice for downloading Rise of the Tombraider

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Credit card has been charged twice for downloading Rise of the Tombraider: My credit card has been charged twice for a single game I downloaded. How is that possible? Can anybody help me to find the right support? Thank you d7fd2c1e-ae02-49d3-b537-296e733dbf76
  10. season pass rise of tombraider

in XBoX on Consoles
    season pass rise of tombraider: digital dload code wrongly paidfor can it be returnd/swaped with microsoft 658aa681-22eb-4f50-ac2c-abc067f07b10