Risks Of Mounting Upside Down

Discus and support Risks Of Mounting Upside Down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey All, I was looking to mount my Xbox One S horizontally under my desk. However any horizontally mounting wouldn't leave much gap above the console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Oliver_Turp, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Oliver_Turp
    Oliver_Turp Guest

Hey All,

I was looking to mount my Xbox One S horizontally under my desk. However any horizontally mounting wouldn't leave much gap above the console for the vents to breathe, due to the desk being right there. The only space sensitive solution I can think of, is
    to flip the xbox upside down to rest on a supportive yet open mount. This leaves the vents free to breathe on all sides.

My only hesitation is that older model consoles (not limited to the Xbox variety) didnt cope well upside down as the disk drives had no support and wouldnt sit properly in the CD tray, resulting in scratches. Not that I use disks anymore but I heard something
    like that from certain corners of the internet, but wanted to clarify with the community Risks Of Mounting Upside Down :)

Thanks All!

:)

Oliver_Turp, Feb 14, 2020
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi Oliver_Turp,

Thanks for your post. For information on how to safely set up your Xbox One S console for use, check out this page:

Xbox One S Positioning

I hope this helps.
  3. Oliver_Turp Win User

How much clearance above the vents is recommended?
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand have question on mounting an Xbox console. Unfortunately, mounting the console upside down wouldn't be a good idea. As you stated if use any disks in the console either games or movies could potentially get
    damaged. You can set it up vertically, the proper ways to set up a console is shown in the

guide for proper position

Hope this helps.

Brad
  5. Whitey Black Win User

the other risk is over heat heat go up and you are put a lot of heat in board unesesary
  6. Jaxpug Win User

The vent to the top also functions due to heat rising. If your top vent is now on the bottom, it becomes less effective for heat transference. Not zero, and who knows if it would really cause a problem, but something to thing about.
Thema:

1. Risks Of Mounting Upside Down - Similar Threads - Risks Mounting Upside

2. The risk of using Xcloud combined with a Xbox with heat issues.

in XboX Insiders
    The risk of using Xcloud combined with a Xbox with heat issues.: There's been some confusion on my side when it comes to the Xcloud feature of the Xbox one. But if I understand correctly, when using xcloud when you're away from home. Your console is running in...
  3. Risk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Risk: Does anyone know if this game is still broken? Reviews are bad but they are all from 2016. 7ebb838b-30a4-4593-b976-69d2ce699a57
  4. These are some risks you take when you purchase an xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    These are some risks you take when you purchase an xbox.: Still on my day one edition, no issues ever 1d45aded-61d7-45ea-9797-d245715dd452
  5. (X360) Power supply burned, risk of console getting damaged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (X360) Power supply burned, risk of console getting damaged?: It happened to a friend, the console didn't turned on until then, tested the PSU in other console and the same, he hopes that anything bad didn't happened to console....
  6. xbox hacking risks

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox hacking risks: Hi everyone. I'm a relatively new xbox one owner. I subscribed to live gold hoping to enjoy the 'free' monthly (360) games with friends so I wouldn't need to worry about a game pass....
  7. Power A docking battery got very hot during changing, risk of harm/fire?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power A docking battery got very hot during changing, risk of harm/fire?: Hi. I have a power A docking station for my controllee, that dual type with the red/green light around. This is a original xbox charger? Today i putted it on the charger to fill it up, it was...
  8. Does the way I builder 90s in Fortnite pose a risk of me getting in trouble?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the way I builder 90s in Fortnite pose a risk of me getting in trouble?: So im Fortnite, I ake 90s fast by building a stair, Build wooden wall type structures then I press RB and RT at the same time to make the rest... Is my method cheating??...
  9. Risk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Risk: all of the player to player functions on the Risk game are no longer available. When you try to start a game you get the error of no games available please try later. In the past you could start...
  10. Unplugged Xbox One X while in Instant On mode--risk of damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unplugged Xbox One X while in Instant On mode--risk of damage?: Without thinking about it, I unplugged my Xbox One X while it was in instant on mode. I could hear the HDD spin down when I did it, then I remembered it was in Instant On mode. After powering it...