Risks Of Mounting Upside Down

Discus and support Risks Of Mounting Upside Down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey All, I was looking to mount my Xbox One S horizontally under my desk. However any horizontally mounting wouldn't leave much gap above the console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Oliver_Turp, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Oliver_Turp
    Oliver_Turp Guest

Hey All,

I was looking to mount my Xbox One S horizontally under my desk. However any horizontally mounting wouldn't leave much gap above the console for the vents to breathe, due to the desk being right there. The only space sensitive solution I can think of, is
    to flip the xbox upside down to rest on a supportive yet open mount. This leaves the vents free to breathe on all sides.

My only hesitation is that older model consoles (not limited to the Xbox variety) didnt cope well upside down as the disk drives had no support and wouldnt sit properly in the CD tray, resulting in scratches. Not that I use disks anymore but I heard something
    like that from certain corners of the internet, but wanted to clarify with the community Risks Of Mounting Upside Down :)

Thanks All!

:)

Oliver_Turp, Feb 14, 2020
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi Oliver_Turp,

Thanks for your post. For information on how to safely set up your Xbox One S console for use, check out this page:

Xbox One S Positioning

I hope this helps.
  3. Oliver_Turp Win User

How much clearance above the vents is recommended?
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand have question on mounting an Xbox console. Unfortunately, mounting the console upside down wouldn't be a good idea. As you stated if use any disks in the console either games or movies could potentially get
    damaged. You can set it up vertically, the proper ways to set up a console is shown in the

guide for proper position

Hope this helps.

Brad
  5. Whitey Black Win User

the other risk is over heat heat go up and you are put a lot of heat in board unesesary
  6. Jaxpug Win User

The vent to the top also functions due to heat rising. If your top vent is now on the bottom, it becomes less effective for heat transference. Not zero, and who knows if it would really cause a problem, but something to thing about.
Thema:

1. Risks Of Mounting Upside Down - Similar Threads - Risks Mounting Upside

2. Conquest Risk for Windows 10.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Conquest Risk for Windows 10.: I have a version of Sean O'Connor's Conquest ( Risk ) ; but it doesn't work very well on my W-10 PC. Seems to be a compatibility issue. Can anyone advise ? Is there a more up-to-date version...
  3. Switching to delta - risks and implications

in XboX Insiders
    Switching to delta - risks and implications: So im finally able to switch to delta, which means new UI time!!! What are the risks of console breaking bugs submitted by /u/Josephoidy20 [link] [comments]
  4. A big clichéd question: What are the risks of running the new alpha version and will I be...

in XboX Insiders
    A big clichéd question: What are the risks of running the new alpha version and will I be...: What are the risks of running the new alpha version and will I be able to play my games? submitted by /u/ihaminecarft [link] [comments]
  5. About alpha ring system update risk

in XboX Insiders
    About alpha ring system update risk: Hi. Does the alpha ring system updates works like the other(Omega, delta & beta) preview system updates??? I mean if you have problems with an alpha ring update can you return to the basic...
  6. Is it worth taking the console brick risk by joining Skip-Ahead?

in XboX Insiders
    Is it worth taking the console brick risk by joining Skip-Ahead?: filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler submitted by /u/shreddieSthroway [link] [comments]
  7. What are the risks of alpha skip ahead ring

in XboX Insiders
    What are the risks of alpha skip ahead ring: I was invited to join alpha skip ahead ring yesterday and was wondering how likely is it to break my xbox, cause I recently acquired an Xbox one x, and if it were to break would Microsoft replace...
  8. How to utilize Xbox console streaming without risk?

in XboX Insiders
    How to utilize Xbox console streaming without risk?: Hi all, New Xbox owner here, as far as I can tell the only way to do Xbox console streaming (not xcloud) is to sign up for the insider program, correct? I guess my question is is there a way as...
  9. Risk of rain- false advertising

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Risk of rain- false advertising: Genuine question, what can I do (and what can xbox do) about a falsely advertised game? Risk of Rain (1), a game which I loved on PC and and Xbox, has a massive flaw with online multiplayer. The...
  10. The risk of using Xcloud combined with a Xbox with heat issues.

in XboX Insiders
    The risk of using Xcloud combined with a Xbox with heat issues.: There's been some confusion on my side when it comes to the Xcloud feature of the Xbox one. But if I understand correctly, when using xcloud when you're away from home. Your console is running in...