Rogers: My Xbox is using IPv4 how do I switch over to Ipv6

Discus and support Rogers: My Xbox is using IPv4 how do I switch over to Ipv6 in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Rogers (ISPs): My Xbox is using IPv4 how do I switch over to Ipv6 my Xbox is using IPv4 how do I switch over to Ipv6 a6052895-74d3-49c1-8d39-09bed162421f Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by FallPrawn236672, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Rogers: My Xbox is using IPv4 how do I switch over to Ipv6

Rogers (ISPs): My Xbox is using IPv4 how do I switch over to Ipv6
    my Xbox is using IPv4 how do I switch over to Ipv6

:)

FallPrawn236672, Jan 12, 2017
  2. Comcast: How can I switch from IPv4 to IPv6

Comcast (ISPs): How can I switch from IPv4 to IPv6
    I need to learn how to turn on the IPv6 or switch my IPv4 to IPv6

YOUNG S1N4TRA, Jan 12, 2017
  3. ShawnYoung
    ShawnYoung Guest
    Hitron: Hitron CODA-4582 IPv6

Hitron (Modems/Gateways): Hitron CODA-4582 IPv6
    I'm looking to setup my Xbox One S, on IPv4 and IPv6, over wan. So far all my IPv6 devices connect over Wired/Wireless to IPv6 with no issues, just the xbox. My provider is Rogers and from what I can see is good to go for IPv6. On test-ipv6.com I get 10/10.

When I try and redo my wireless setup I only get access to IPv4, and not 6. Does the Xbox only do IPv6 over Wire? If they can do it Wireless can someone help me in setting it up since i'm not seeing any options.

ShawnYoung, Jan 12, 2017
  4. Darth Savetor Win User

xbox one ipv6

I had the same issue, i have a router thats both ipv4 and ipv6. I went through and changed things over to ipv6 on my router and then changed it on my console, It wouldn’t connect to the internet, so inset it all back to ipv4 and left it. My laptop however
    would connect when all switched over to ipv6, so now I’m utilizing both ipv4 for my console, and ipv6 for my laptop.
  5. o0MattE0o Win User

VirginMedia: how do i switch from ipv4 to ipv6?

VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways): how do i switch from ipv4 to ipv6?
    IPv6 support was removed as part of the “upgrade” 🙁
  6. Simon Mattes Win User

Native IPv6 Support

Same question here.

I love my Xbox and the "ipv6 support".

But the required tunneling over ipv4 via teredo is pathetic.

I am on a native ipv6 network. To use party chat I have to leave my ipv6 network and use a virtual ipv4 address, just to use teredo to join the ipv6 network again.

Microsoft; when is native ipv6 support planned for the Xbox one?

Regards

-Simon
  7. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Ethernet port

Hello, ive only got an IPV4 address on my xbox.

can i get an IPV6 as well?
    My Xbox is using only IPv4. What should I do to add IPv6?

Several home routers support IPv6 but disable it by default. Check the manual for your router.

My router has IPv6 enabled, but my Xbox is connected on IPv4. What else can I do?

Try contacting your ISP to see if IPv6 is available in your area.
  8. ArminatorX Win User

My Xbox One S won't connect to Xbox Live using ipv4.

It might be that your ISP is using IPv6 and tunneling IPv4 via CG-NAT and DS-Lite.

While IPv6 is generally a Good Thing to have (as the Xbox One primarily uses IPv6, and even if you only have IPv4, it will use IPv6 tunneled through IPv4), you might want to check with your ISP if they offer you a "Dual Stack" connection with IPv6 and a
    real public IPv4 in parallel.

There really isn't much you can do on the console itself, as it does check automatically what IP protocol your ISP provides, and if it's IPv6, then the console will use IPv6. If it's a Dual Stack, where you have IPv4 natively (not tunneled through IPv6)
    and IPv6, then the console will use both, and if it's an IPv4 connection, it'll tunnel IPv6 through IPv4 through Teredo.
Thema:

Rogers: My Xbox is using IPv4 how do I switch over to Ipv6

1. Rogers: My Xbox is using IPv4 how do I switch over to Ipv6 - Similar Threads - Rogers using IPv4

2. Rogers: My Xbox won’t connect to internet

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Rogers: My Xbox won’t connect to internet: Rogers (ISPs): My Xbox won’t connect to internet If there is a specific problem being brought up, you could try following the steps here: Xbox One Connection Error Help | Xbox One Network Error...
  3. NHL Roger's Live APP crashing repeatedly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NHL Roger's Live APP crashing repeatedly: Tonight I have turned on the xbox one to watch some hockey from my paid subscription and every single game i turn on the game runs for maybe 2 seconds then it loses sound and then it kicks me back...
  4. Can't Find Rogers Anytime TV app on my xbox 360!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Find Rogers Anytime TV app on my xbox 360!: I just got Rogers and the reason i got it was so I could use the anytime tv through xbox. The app is not available and cannot be found through browse or search apps function. I'm at a loss here....
  5. Don't Roger Federer - Rafael Nadal deserve to be on the current gen console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Don't Roger Federer - Rafael Nadal deserve to be on the current gen console?: Asking something that's been bothering me a lot this season. It's been 4 years since XBox One came into our lives and there are still no Tennis Games available whatsoever. We are nearing the end...
  6. Rogers Anyplace TV Password Sign in won't save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rogers Anyplace TV Password Sign in won't save: I own two XBOX ONES yet both won't save my sign in information even tho the box is checked to automatically sign me in, I have to sign in every time I use the app and this is really annoying....
  7. OneGuide needs update, for months now. Rogers/Toronto

in XBoX Games and Apps
    OneGuide needs update, for months now. Rogers/Toronto: This is getting ridiculous, I have been reporting he channels have been wrong on the Xbox one and cleared my Xbox one but still many of the channels are wrong. I would volunteer to update it...
  8. Oneguide Needs Updating for Rogers Scarborough

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Oneguide Needs Updating for Rogers Scarborough: At the end of August TSN expanded to 5 channels, and Rogers changed the channel listings to make room. The Oneguide still has the old channel listings. I've cleared the Oneguide, but it's still...
  9. Rogers 4K set-top box not working on 4K channels for Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rogers 4K set-top box not working on 4K channels for Xbox One S: Really looking to get a solution for an issue using Live TV. Just bought the Xbox One S, I hooked my Rogers 4K Cable box to the Xbox One S and the Xbox One S goes to my Yamaha RX-A3060 receiver...
  10. Rogers Anyplace TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rogers Anyplace TV: I tried doing a search and could not find anything regarding my question... I downloaded the Rogers AnyPlace TV app for the Xbox 360. I am not seeing the "Live" feature, I have the app on my...