Sad Day in Gaming ...

Discus and support Sad Day in Gaming ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A shocker announced this morning - the closing of Irrational Games?! A Message From Ken Levine When Jon Chey, Rob Fermier and I founded Irrational... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SargonParidius, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Sad Day in Gaming ...

A shocker announced this morning - the
    closing of Irrational Games?!

A Message From Ken Levine When Jon Chey, Rob Fermier and I founded Irrational Games seventeen years ago, our mission was to make visually unique worlds and populate them with singular characters.
    We built Rapture and Columbia, the Von Braun and The Rickenbacker, the Freedom Fortress and some of the nastiest basements a SWAT team ever set foot into. We created Booker and Elizabeth, the Big Daddy and the Little Sister, MidWives and ManBot. In that
    time, Irrational has grown larger and more successful than we could have conceived when we began our three-person studio in a living room in Cambridge, MA. It’s been the defining project of my professional life.

Now Irrational Games is about to roll out the last DLC for BioShock Infinite and people are understandably asking: What’s next?

Seventeen years is a long time to do any job, even the best one. And working with the incredible team at Irrational Games is indeed the best job I’ve ever had. While I’m deeply proud of what we’ve accomplished together, my passion has turned to making a
    different kind of game than we’ve done before. To meet the challenge ahead, I need to refocus my energy on a smaller team with a flatter structure and a more direct relationship with gamers. In many ways, it will be a return to how we started: a small team
    making games for the core gaming audience.

I am winding down Irrational Games as you know it. I’ll be starting a smaller, more entrepreneurial endeavor at Take-Two. That is going to mean parting ways with all but about fifteen members of the Irrational team. There’s no great way to lay people
    off, and our first concern is to make sure that the people who are leaving have as much support as we can give them during this transition.

Besides financial support, the staff will have access to the studio for a period of time to say their goodbyes and put together their portfolios. Other Take-Two studios will be on hand to discuss opportunities within the company, and we’ll be hosting a recruiting
    day where we’ll be giving 3rd party studios and publishers a chance to hold interviews with departing Irrational staff.*

What’s next?

In time we will announce a new endeavor with a new goal: To make narrative-driven games for the core gamer that are highly replayable. To foster the most direct relationship with our fans possible, we will focus exclusively on content delivered digitally.

When I first contemplated what I wanted to do, it became very clear to me that we were going to need a long period of design. Initially, I thought the only way to build this venture was with a classical startup model, a risk I was prepared to take. But when
    I talked to Take-Two about the idea, they convinced me that there was no better place to pursue this new chapter than within their walls. After all, they’re the ones who believed in and supported
    BioShock in the first place.

Thanks to Irrational and 2K’s passion in developing the games, and the fans who believe in it,
    BioShock has generated retail revenues of over a half billion dollars and secured an iconic place in gaming. I’m handing the reins of our creation, the
    BioShock universe, to 2K so our new venture can focus entirely on replayable narrative. If we’re lucky, we’ll build something half as memorable as
    BioShock.

We will do our best to update an FAQ in this space as questions come in.

-Ken Levine

@iglevine

*If you’re a 3rd party interested in interviewing some of the best game developers in the world, please contact L: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***

:)

SargonParidius, Feb 18, 2014
  2. Wow what happned to this game? Nelson's live chart

Sad day when I play Cod over GoW. What is the world of gaming coming to?

THA 1 BEHIND YA, Feb 18, 2014
  3. Oh how we need Battlefield 3

It would be a sad day indeed when another generic "Doing it for uncle Sam" FPS game is the saviour of the gaming world

Cokney Charmer, Feb 18, 2014
  4. M3gaToxic
    M3gaToxic Guest

Sad Day in Gaming ...

Man I heard about this. I really hope we see more BioShock games or something very similar to it because I absolutely love the BioShock games..still working on finishing BioShock Infinite taking my time as I always do with a BioShock game. Plans on buying
    the season pass for the DLC.

M3gaToxic, Mar 28, 2014
  5. M3gaToxic Win User

Sad Day in Gaming ...

Man I heard about this. I really hope we see more BioShock games or something very similar to it because I absolutely love the BioShock games..still working on finishing BioShock Infinite taking my time as I always do with a BioShock game. Plans on buying
    the season pass for the DLC.
  6. UnhingingSea326 Win User

Battlefield Bad company 2, Region Locked.

sad days sad days game region locked again....
  7. UneasyJmitchell Win User

Sad Day For Me

I did read that, now Im tired and must sleep, LOL. Anywho, migrations and connections in general (not cheating, lag switching, etc) can cause dramatic and extreme effects within the game. I mean totally from one extreme to the other. I do think that when
    the host leaves in any way the game ends. If theres a migration, I believe the game finds the next "best" host and the team or party does NOT matter. Maybe one day a dev will come in here and explain, LOL.
  8. a tired old guy Win User

Sad Day For Me

More times than not, if you check the scoreboard after a migration there will be one less player than before.

I've backed out of matches and have had the host migration, and I've been in matches where the host has said he was leaving and got a maigration.

I'm sure there are plenty of times where the game just decides it needs to pick another host, But as long as you are connected, the stats are there to transfer to next host. Dashing cuts your connection abruptly, so if you are host the data cant transfer
    and the match ends.

Just going on what I've read on these forums from other people doing it, most people just back out if frustrated, or have something they have to do. Dashing is usually done as you say, trying to preserves stats or just out of spite.

This, I'm all quite sure of ............ my only doubts are just how the party setupp works, mainly if the host stays with the team, or if its totally based on the next best connection. If it stays with the team, there are plenty of ways some dbs can
    manipulate the game..... and I've wondered many times if thre isnt something going on simply because of the timing, and what happens during the timing.
  9. EXIT 707 Win User

Sad day for Xbox

Wait until E3 for the genuine truth as to what is going to happen.
Thema:

Sad Day in Gaming ...

1. Sad Day in Gaming ... - Similar Threads - Sad Gaming

2. Xbox Beta (PC) App Sad Face in Audio

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta (PC) App Sad Face in Audio: We've tried every single fix we could find online like uninstalling and reinstalling, making sure the microphone is giving access in privacy settings, even weird ones like turning push to talk on...
  3. What are your thoughts on the Kinect? Is anyone else sad to see it go?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What are your thoughts on the Kinect? Is anyone else sad to see it go?: I think I might have played one or two games with the kinect so i never really used it much and the few times i did use it i would always have issues with it recognizing movement so it was a real...
  4. It's sad time

in XBoX Games and Apps
    It's sad time: What was the one time you lost save data that really bothered you, like accidentally deleting the wrong save or if a save corrupted etc. For me it was when I got a really high rank on halo reach...
  5. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! SAD THAT A 10 YEAR LOYAL CUSTOMER CANT BE HELPED!

in XBoX on Consoles
    TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! SAD THAT A 10 YEAR LOYAL CUSTOMER CANT BE HELPED!: here is the simplification of it. Could not sing in(3 days). Was promised gift card for inconvenience by supervisor. Turned out to not be true. Then another supervisor said i was lying, there is...
  6. The fact that i'm here is sad

in XBoX on Consoles
    The fact that i'm here is sad: Can't play a game that I own. sign in with the account that purchased the game well thats me 1a1054d2-d307-4ff9-8ef9-7f6052a20cc8
  7. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Sad

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Sad: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Sad Hi I was for a few days now playing my games but most of the time when I played I couldn't ever play the game it was an online only game well...
  8. Sad To Say Goodbye To A Great Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sad To Say Goodbye To A Great Game: What's going on with Taptiles?? I just downloaded the newest version by mistake and am totally dissatisfied!! Every time I complete one of the 5 daily challenges and try to move on to the next...
  9. Gaming Experiences | Sad Story

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Experiences | Sad Story: This Story is going to tell some of the best years of My Gaming Experiences and how i feel, So Here it is, Blackops 1 Novemer 9th 2010, 4 years ago, I bought this game. Loving the Trailers and...
  10. iam sad can not play any games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    iam sad can not play any games: please fix this game site d4636a9d-08a9-45f1-9eb7-59131bd49ca1