Sales tax

Discus and support Sales tax in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; If I want to buy a game online thats 36 dollars how much would it be with sales tax f5d94329-a3b8-470f-b6f5-96b85e0a411e Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by JoshBero, Nov 26, 2019.

1. JoshBero
    JoshBero Guest

Sales tax

If I want to buy a game online thats 36 dollars how much would it be with sales tax

:)

JoshBero, Nov 26, 2019
  2. HyruleBalverine Win User

Free games for July? When?

Hi there, Spartan7P49. If you are seeing "plus tax" that just means that MSFt recognizes that your region/area has a sales tax. Even if sales tax were applied, it wouldn't matter. For me, sales tax is about 9%. But 9% of $0 is $0, right?
  3. Mannyholbrook Win User

Sales Tax

You would need to contact support and speak to billing for assistance. 1-800-4my-xbox or
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
    Good luck with this. I have been attempting to get Microsoft to fix the sales tax on my account since they all the sudden started charging me in December of 2016. I live where the sales tax on internet purchases are exempt from
    sales tax and even after providing them with the tax code showing them that I live where internet sales are exempt from taxes they still refuse to stop charging me taxes. i know they passed a law a few years back about charging internet sales tax but i also
    live in one of the 5 states that are exempt for this law as well. I have been trying to get refunded for all my transactions in which they charged me a sales tax for a while now and still trying. I have now involved the City tax representatives and they
    are getting involved so maybe some day i will get my funds back but i am not holding my breath. So basically if you have been wrongfully charged a sales tax by Microsoft your screwed they have been working at avoiding paying taxes for years and have it down
    to a science and they will tax you as they see fit and give you a million reason why they can but when you can prove them wrong they will give you the run around email this place talk to your local tax people excreta. its a game of cat and mouse that will
    never end until you are so exhausted that you give up. Microsoft did not become the multi billion dollar company by refunding money they stole from people.
  4. OklaGrizzlyBear Win User

Sales tax

Hiya!!

That would depend on where you live. Every state is different. :)

Happy Gaming!!
  5. KingOfTheRen Win User

Sales tax

Really depends on what country and province/state you live in!
  6. AthenasWrath01 Win User

Sales tax

Are you buying it digital? Because if you are then you just pay the amount of the game. Like th others mentioned you will oay accordingly to the play you live at.
Thema:

Sales tax

1. Sales tax - Similar Threads - Sales tax

2. Question about sales tax?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about sales tax?: I live in Tennessee that has a sales tax of 9.250% and am a little confused about how much tax is applied to Xbox Live orders. Is the tax rate the same regardless of the fact that its online or is...
  3. Sales tax

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Sales tax: How much would be tax in my states bbef001a-0c1c-44b0-b22d-253fafaea67e
  4. Sales taxes for online purchases in Arizona

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Sales taxes for online purchases in Arizona: Why does Microsoft charge me, in AZ, 10% sales tax? AZ sales tax is 8.5%. dfac12a9-8a44-4857-a130-53eaf85ffa18
  5. I get charged with sales tax even though my credit card has an Oregon address

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I get charged with sales tax even though my credit card has an Oregon address: My credit card was charged an extra 1.35 cents in tax, even though we live in Oregon and the credit card has an Oregon address. There seems to be no one else that has this problem....
  6. Xbox charging sales tax in state with no sales tax

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox charging sales tax in state with no sales tax: So I live in a state without sales tax and Microsoft has been billing me for sales tax for Xbox digital purchases. It went unnoticed since a total isn't displayed when making purchases and it...
  7. Sales Tax

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sales Tax: Hello, i currently live in the state of Massachusetts with a billing address also in the state of Massachusetts. I recently purchased a copy of the Fallout 4 season pass with a price of $49.99,...
  8. Getting charged sales tax with an Armed Forces billing address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting charged sales tax with an Armed Forces billing address: I recently got an Xbox One (have had a 360 for a long time but haven't used it in the past few years). The Xbox site and my Xbox One both correctly show my billing address as APO, AE 09012....
  9. Im being charged sales tax on digital goods when I live in a state that does not charge ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im being charged sales tax on digital goods when I live in a state that does not charge ...: My billing address is in MA which is a state that is exempted from digital taxation. I brought this up over a month ago when I was charge tax on Fallout 4. I have chatted with a rep, sent...
  10. Anyone have problems with sales tax not changing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone have problems with sales tax not changing?: So essentially the problem is that I'm getting charges 9% sales tax and not 7%. I use to live in Alabama (9% sales tax) but live in Florida now (7% sales tax). I've lived in Florida for 5 years...