Samsung HG40EA790MS: Contrast blur/shadow while using Freesync from a Q80r Samsung TV on a...

Discus and support Samsung HG40EA790MS: Contrast blur/shadow while using Freesync from a Q80r Samsung TV on a... in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Contrast blur/shadow while using Freesync from a Q80r Samsung TV on a Xbox one original If you go into general tv... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by CerealKiller208, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Contrast blur/shadow while using Freesync from a Q80r Samsung TV on a...

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Contrast blur/shadow while using Freesync from a Q80r Samsung TV on a Xbox one original
    If you go into general tv and display options on your Xbox one, you can calibrate it with your new tv.

I hope this works for you.

:)

CerealKiller208, Feb 10, 2020
  2. RAGINGDIDDY Win User

Samsung HG40EA790MS: Contrast blur/shadow while using Freesync from a Q80r Samsung TV on a Xbox one original

If you go into general tv and display options on your Xbox one, you can calibrate it with your new tv.

I hope this works for you.
  3. OneScaryNerd Win User

Samsung HG40EA790MS: FreeSync issue on Samsung Q7FN TV

Hey Paul!

Not a resolution problem but a VRR/FreeSync issue. The XboxOneX detects my TV and enables Automatic Game mode and VRR/FreeSync. But I'm seeing these rolling bars. I can turn off VRR/FreeSync on both 1440p@120Hz and 4K@60Hz and the problem is gone.

So it's a VRR/FreeSync issue. I'm seeing on YouTube others demonstrating this new TV with these gaming features with XboxOneX and all of them have rolling bars. Some say they cant see it and that it can only bee seen when watching a recording because of
    the refresh rate. But I can clearly see it.

So either I have some super eyes. Or there's something wrong somewhere or others claiming they cant see it haven't noticed it yet. An example of that is clouding on LCD TV's. People I know dont know what that is until I explain it and show it on their TV's.
    Then they see it all the time suddenly....
  4. corukun Win User

Xbox One X Audio Selection Error 0x80bd0009

It's the 2019 Samsung Q80R and this model only utilizes 2.0b.
  5. Echo4Ent Win User

FreeSync 120hz

Currently Samsung Q8FN (and Q7F, Q9F) TVs only support 120Hz Freesync at 1080P. For more info, see the news article here.

There are some very detailed in depth 3rd party testing results of this TV series here.

Scroll down about half way to see the Variable Refresh Rates section.

Bottom line 1080p will get you 120Hz Freesync, 1440p or 4K will only get 60Hz Freesync.
  6. BEATER PETER Win User

Xbox One X Freesync Ghosting issue on Samsung Q70R TV

Hi,

Your TV's FreeSync has a setting called 'Basic' and 'Ultimate'. The latter provides the widest effective FreeSync range, but it may produce unwanted artefacts on-screen. I would say on an Xbox that this ghosting effect will vary from game
    to game as many Xbox One games only run at 30fps. I would switch to basic to see if this resolves the ghosting problem.

Us people who are getting this issue also cannot enable/select "freesync basic" as it is always greyed out and only "freesync ultimate" is available to use, I also get this issue with and without freesync if I use game mode on my TV, (which is every time
    I play games as the input lag is far too high without game mode enabled), Samsung are telling me it is an xbox problem, and I bet microsoft will tell me it's a samsung tv problem too, can't both companies work together to bring a fix out for this please? It's
    ruining my experience which i've payed about £1000 for. Other people are also getting the same issue with q70r, q80r, q85r, q90r too.
Thema:

Samsung HG40EA790MS: Contrast blur/shadow while using Freesync from a Q80r Samsung TV on a...

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Contrast blur/shadow while using Freesync from a Q80r Samsung TV on a... - Similar Threads - Samsung HG40EA790MS Contrast

2. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Console is not working

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Console is not working: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Console is not working Hi! Hope this helps https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected...
  3. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever HI Sandy, Yes, I've tried switching ports on the receiver and even swapped the cables out. There are 7 HDMI inputs...
  4. Samsung HG40EA790MS: YCC 4:2:2

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: YCC 4:2:2: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: YCC 4:2:2 Nvm, did research and answered my own question f655cfa8-11ca-47c9-b5cf-1bb9f2018acf
  5. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 tv does not recognize Xbox one Fat signal

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 tv does not recognize Xbox one Fat signal: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 tv does not recognize Xbox one Fat signal I had already done this test and it didn't work out either. When I contacted the Samsung attendant,...
  6. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Enable 50hz/24hz

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Enable 50hz/24hz: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Enable 50hz/24hz Okay awesome! That makes sense; the Hz settings are used when indicated, kind of like an insurance to make sure everything plays-back correctly....
  7. Samsung HG40EA790MS: My TV blurs with fast motion - Xbox One X and Samsung RU7100 65”

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: My TV blurs with fast motion - Xbox One X and Samsung RU7100 65”: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: My TV blurs with fast motion - Xbox One X and Samsung RU7100 65” I did a quick search and found this article on Samsung TV motion blur, hopefully tinkering with...
  8. Samsung HG40EA790MS: xbox one s digital

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: xbox one s digital: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: xbox one s digital Hi MichelleHodge1, Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. As the question has been answered, I will go ahead and lock this thread to...
  9. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung remote and xbox

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung remote and xbox: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung remote and xbox I recently purchased a un506900 and I already owned a q65fn. My qled has a universal smart remote and I can control my xbox with it and...
  10. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Distorted Side of Screen

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Distorted Side of Screen: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Distorted Side of Screen Actually it’s not just on my xbox. When I first saw it earlier, I went on the Youtube app on my tv and didn’t see the issue. However I...