Samsung HG40EA790MS: dashboard/settings/display: DVI+A ? What means..

Discus and support Samsung HG40EA790MS: dashboard/settings/display: DVI+A ? What means.. in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: dashboard/settings/display: DVI+A ? What means.. Hello Primal, Thanks for coming to the forums with your questions.... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by PrimalTarsier1, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: dashboard/settings/display: DVI+A ? What means..

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: dashboard/settings/display: DVI+A ? What means..
    Hello Primal,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your questions. Not sure what the DVI+A mean. With the audio output, you can select the best one that works for you. Most select digital stereo on the 360 console. If the others work though you can use them.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/console/configure-audio-settings

Thanks,

Brad

:)

PrimalTarsier1, Feb 25, 2019
  2. xbox24ru Win User

Hi there, DVI-Analog (DVI-A) is known as DVI-A cables which carry a high-quality analog signal however DVI-A is NOT compatible with DVI-D configurations please refer
    to the microsoft agents article on configuring audio options.

DVI A ("DVI-A are used to carry a DVI signal to an analog display, such as a CRT monitor or budget LCD. The most common use of DVI-A is connecting to a VGA device, since DVI-A and VGA carry the same signal. There is some
    quality loss involved in the digital to analog conversion, which is why a digital signal is recommended whenever possible.")

I hope this information helps have a great day.

Kind Regards

Alec
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

dashboard/settings/display: DVI+A ? What means..

Hello Primal,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your questions. Not sure what the DVI+A mean. With the audio output, you can select the best one that works for you. Most select digital stereo on the 360 console. If the others work though you can use them.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/console/configure-audio-settings

Thanks,

Brad
  4. vikas_parashar Win User

Xbox Screen appears only for few dialogues boxes

I find my xbox one s working while set on dvi and 640p resolution. But no display on 1080p and hdmi.

Just to add i am using samsung smart 3d tv aand also tested my xbox one s on 2 other displays.. one pc monitor and one more smart tv
  5. NikNipper Win User

Hdmi output not working

Try turning the ' Display Discovery ' in the display setting to disable and then set the HDTV setting to 720p. Ive fixed 2 xboxes with this, I noticed that with the ' Display Discovery ' enabled that these xboxes were saying that it was connected by a DVI
    not HDMI ??? for some reason the xboxes thought it was a DVI cable connected not a HDMI and wouldn't output through the HDMI (no DVI has been connected to these xboxes at any point) so i disabled the ' Display Discovery ' and manually set the xbox to 720p,
    gave them back to my friends and none of them have had a problem since, 1 was over a year ago the other was a few months back (you may have to use your red/white/yellows if the Y+RT reset doesnt show you the dashboard afterwards). Both my friends xboxes were
    the older xbox elites not a slim but i hope this is your problem so you can get back to enjoying your xbox.
  6. vikas_parashar Win User

Xbox Screen appears only for few dialogues boxes

Check this link for a possible solution: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/display-troubleshooter
    I find my xbox one s working while set on dvi and 640p resolution. But no display on 1080p and hdmi.

Just to add i am using samsung smart 3d tv aand also tested my xbox one s on 2 other displays.. one pc monitor and one more smart tv
Thema:

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: dashboard/settings/display: DVI+A ? What means.. - Similar Threads - Samsung HG40EA790MS dashboard

2. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Contrast blur/shadow while using Freesync from a Q80r Samsung TV on a...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Contrast blur/shadow while using Freesync from a Q80r Samsung TV on a...: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Contrast blur/shadow while using Freesync from a Q80r Samsung TV on a Xbox one original If you go into general tv and display options on your Xbox one, you can...
  3. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Console is not working

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Console is not working: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Console is not working Hi! Hope this helps https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected...
  4. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever HI Sandy, Yes, I've tried switching ports on the receiver and even swapped the cables out. There are 7 HDMI inputs...
  5. Samsung HG40EA790MS: YCC 4:2:2

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: YCC 4:2:2: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: YCC 4:2:2 Nvm, did research and answered my own question f655cfa8-11ca-47c9-b5cf-1bb9f2018acf
  6. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 tv does not recognize Xbox one Fat signal

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 tv does not recognize Xbox one Fat signal: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 tv does not recognize Xbox one Fat signal I had already done this test and it didn't work out either. When I contacted the Samsung attendant,...
  7. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Enable 50hz/24hz

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Enable 50hz/24hz: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Enable 50hz/24hz Okay awesome! That makes sense; the Hz settings are used when indicated, kind of like an insurance to make sure everything plays-back correctly....
  8. Samsung HG40EA790MS: My TV blurs with fast motion - Xbox One X and Samsung RU7100 65”

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: My TV blurs with fast motion - Xbox One X and Samsung RU7100 65”: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: My TV blurs with fast motion - Xbox One X and Samsung RU7100 65” I did a quick search and found this article on Samsung TV motion blur, hopefully tinkering with...
  9. Samsung HG40EA790MS: xbox one s digital

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: xbox one s digital: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: xbox one s digital Hi MichelleHodge1, Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. As the question has been answered, I will go ahead and lock this thread to...
  10. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung remote and xbox

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung remote and xbox: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung remote and xbox I recently purchased a un506900 and I already owned a q65fn. My qled has a universal smart remote and I can control my xbox with it and...