Samsung HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV !

Discus and support Samsung HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV ! in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV ! Hello! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Oli.Filion, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Oli.Filion
    Oli.Filion Guest

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV !
    Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble with HDR on your Samsung TV. I recommend you communicate with the manufacturer of the TV itself to get more information about their device. You can also
    take a look at this helpful support article: Troubleshooting 4K and HDR on Xbox One X and Xbox One S.

Let us know how it goes with a reply.

:)

Oli.Filion, Apr 6, 2019
  2. XBF George L Win User

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble with HDR on your Samsung TV. I recommend you communicate with the manufacturer of the TV itself to get more information about their device. You can also
    take a look at this helpful support article: Troubleshooting 4K and HDR on Xbox One X and Xbox One S.

Let us know how it goes with a reply.
  3. Hordie Win User

Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR

Hi beargrizzle25,

Sorry you're having issues getting 4k / HDR with your TV. Looking at the specs of your TV it doesn't appear to be HDR, so that wouldn't be an option. With Samsung's MU Series TV you would need to be in the 7000 range, and not the 6000 range. That said, I
    have a Samsung HDR 4K, and to get it to properly register you need to go to the Samsung menu and enable UHD color on the HDMI port you're using. If you don't do that, then the Xbox won't detect it correctly.
  4. GFx1 Win User

Samsung HDR tv

Hi,

I googled the e-manual for the TV model you mentioned. Manual was in dutch, and although I don't speak a word of dutch you can still read on page 96, that when using UHD Color on your HDMI input where the Xbox is connected to, 10 and 12-bit color spaces
    are supported. So in short, yes that TV supports HDR with Xbox.

downloadcenter.samsung.com/.../DUT-JZDVBEUK_1.0.9.pdf
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Samsung HDR tv

Hi, I wouldn't take anything for granted, remember the debacle that was HD Ready ?

I would suggest you check for sure that the TV has a 10 bit panel, perhaps verify it with Samsung themselves. What model number is it you're looking at getting ?
  6. DiscoNinja07 Win User

Samsung HDR tv

Thanks GFx1,I opted to get the LG 40UH630V instead this has HDR pro and it all works well with the slim. Just feels a bit weird playing online black ops 3 now because I'm going from 32 to 40 inch but it did also seem a lot better when I set it to game mode
Thema:

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV ! - Similar Threads - Samsung HG40EA790MS HDR

2. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Contrast blur/shadow while using Freesync from a Q80r Samsung TV on a...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Contrast blur/shadow while using Freesync from a Q80r Samsung TV on a...: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Contrast blur/shadow while using Freesync from a Q80r Samsung TV on a Xbox one original If you go into general tv and display options on your Xbox one, you can...
  3. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Console is not working

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Console is not working: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Console is not working Hi! Hope this helps https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected...
  4. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever HI Sandy, Yes, I've tried switching ports on the receiver and even swapped the cables out. There are 7 HDMI inputs...
  5. Samsung HG40EA790MS: YCC 4:2:2

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: YCC 4:2:2: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: YCC 4:2:2 Nvm, did research and answered my own question f655cfa8-11ca-47c9-b5cf-1bb9f2018acf
  6. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 tv does not recognize Xbox one Fat signal

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 tv does not recognize Xbox one Fat signal: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 tv does not recognize Xbox one Fat signal I had already done this test and it didn't work out either. When I contacted the Samsung attendant,...
  7. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Enable 50hz/24hz

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Enable 50hz/24hz: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Enable 50hz/24hz Okay awesome! That makes sense; the Hz settings are used when indicated, kind of like an insurance to make sure everything plays-back correctly....
  8. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Our TV is jut HDR, while Xbox One X requires HDR10

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Our TV is jut HDR, while Xbox One X requires HDR10: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Our TV is jut HDR, while Xbox One X requires HDR10 You can always use xbox one x in any tv, HDR10 is not a requirement you can use the HDR normal and you still...
  9. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Unable to use 4K and HDR

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Unable to use 4K and HDR: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Unable to use 4K and HDR I'm going through the same problem so I hook up my gears 1s and it works perfectly so I hook the1x back up I can't get the 4k option...
  10. Samsung HG40EA790MS: HDR ready? Yes HDR10 ready? No

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: HDR ready? Yes HDR10 ready? No: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: HDR ready? Yes HDR10 ready? No November 7th was meant to be a good day for me. I even booked a day off work. Planned in advance and a few months ago purchased a...