Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to Set Up a Samsung 4K TV for XBox One X

Discus and support Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to Set Up a Samsung 4K TV for XBox One X in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: How to Set Up a Samsung 4K TV for XBox One X Hi there, I have my Samsung TV set to Dynamic Picture mode, All... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Gimme FU3L, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Gimme FU3L
    Gimme FU3L Guest

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: How to Set Up a Samsung 4K TV for XBox One X
    Hi there,

I have my Samsung TV set to Dynamic Picture mode, All special viewing modes off and in the Expert Settings the following:

HDMI Black Level - Auto

Dynamic Contrast - High

HDMI UHD Color - On

Digital Clean View - Auto

Auto Motion Plus - Auto

That should give you a start. Play around with the settings and see what works for you.

One thing to watch, if you set it that the TV turns on when the console powers on, even if you turn it off, it will still power on if the TV is set to the console input when the console is off. I get around it by always making sure I leave the TV on the
    cable input and not changing inputs until r the console is powered on.

-edit- for clarification- if the TV is set to power the console on when the TV is powered on, that is when the TV will power the console off if it's left on the console input. Either don't set the TV to control the console, or always remember to change inputs
    before powering the TV off.

:)

Gimme FU3L, Nov 25, 2018
  2. dnb nick
    dnb nick Guest
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: TV and xbox x

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: TV and xbox x
    whilst it isn't QLED you won't be disappointed, just make sure you use HDMI1 as that will be dedicated for 4k and also turn on HDR+ mode in picture settings.

dnb nick, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox one X monitor I need Advice

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Xbox one X monitor I need Advice
    as far as monitors...there arent any but for 2018 there will be otherwise any 4k tv will do...the sony e900x was top rated for the system

Rekt Innit yo, Nov 25, 2018
  4. WhiteyBlack2
    WhiteyBlack2 Guest

WhiteyBlack2, Nov 25, 2018
  5. Hi there,

I have my Samsung TV set to Dynamic Picture mode, All special viewing modes off and in the Expert Settings the following:

HDMI Black Level - Auto

Dynamic Contrast - High

HDMI UHD Color - On

Auto Motion Plus - Auto

That should give you a start. Play around with the settings and see what works for you.

One thing to watch, if you set it that the TV turns on when the console powers on, even if you turn it off, it will still power on if the TV is set to the console input when the console is off. I get around it by always making sure I leave the TV on the

-edit- for clarification- if the TV is set to power the console on when the TV is powered on, that is when the TV will power the console off if it's left on the console input. Either don't set the TV to control the console, or always remember to change inputs

Mistress Sara, Nov 6, 2018
  6. Mistress Sara Win User

Hi there,

HDMI Black Level - Auto

Dynamic Contrast - High

HDMI UHD Color - On

Auto Motion Plus - Auto

7. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Xbox one x black screen

Which Samsung 4k TV, my MU8000 was a nightmare with my Xbox One X but it got tolerable when I updated the TV firmware.
  8. DaMonogamousman Win User

Looking for the best screen for an X Box One S

I personally use a Samsung 4k tv currently with my Xbox one x previously had an s and honesty I'd go with a 4k because what they don't tell you is that your tv will upscale it to 4k automatically
  9. dxrules Win User

4k details only check out when Xbox is switched to 1080p

Go back to 4k on the Xbox, make sure you're connected to the right HDMI input on the tv. Samsung tv's have a setting for 4k in the settings menu
  10. Old Lofty-F6C15296-5 Win User

55UH7700 and I have all checks but one. 4K @50hz. Any ideas

Is it a Samsung TV?

I know when you buy some Samsung TVs, even the newest models their 4K/HDR settings are not always enabled ( was told this by Samsungs on Support staff )

I'm not sure where settings are exactly but you have to go into the video/picture settings and make sure everything is on/enabled, HDR etc

If your not sure just phone Samsungs direct support line, they are brilliant and will make sure everything on TV is set up correctly.

If after that it still doesn't solve it I'd suggest giving Xbox Support a call

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Thema:

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to Set Up a Samsung 4K TV for XBox One X - Similar Threads - Samsung HG40EA790MS Set

2. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung QN55Q6FAMFXZX color problems

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung QN55Q6FAMFXZX color problems: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung QN55Q6FAMFXZX color problems This is a case of some testing, see the cables, image settings of both the TV and the console....
  3. Samsung HG40EA790MS: how do i update xbox one in my television its showing an error

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: how do i update xbox one in my television its showing an error: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: how do i update xbox one in my television its showing an error Follow the steps on the link...
  4. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox One X & Samsung TV - Wide Vertical Scrolling Lines

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox One X & Samsung TV - Wide Vertical Scrolling Lines: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Xbox One X & Samsung TV - Wide Vertical Scrolling Lines Hi there , Thanks for the reply. In reference to the troubleshooting provided, We would like to...
  5. Samsung HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV !

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV !: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV ! Hello! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble with HDR on your...
  6. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox Calibration with Samsung TV

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox Calibration with Samsung TV: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Xbox Calibration with Samsung TV Hello There, Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. Unfortunately, there is no exact picture settings for any TV....
  7. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Tv screen goes in and out

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Tv screen goes in and out: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Tv screen goes in and out It could be that specific HDMI port, do you have another on thr TV that you could try? 11fd0133-86f0-4c16-a448-30202c431b60
  8. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung UN65KS8500 Curved TV Calibration

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung UN65KS8500 Curved TV Calibration: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung UN65KS8500 Curved TV Calibration Hello ThyHal0Masta, every TV has it own settings, but I can recommed some adjustments based on Xbox One X features. The...
  9. Samsung HG40EA790MS: dashboard/settings/display: DVI+A ? What means..

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: dashboard/settings/display: DVI+A ? What means..: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: dashboard/settings/display: DVI+A ? What means.. Hello Primal, Thanks for coming to the forums with your questions. Not sure what the DVI+A mean. With the audio...
  10. Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor Glad to see the issue may have been the incorrect HDMI port! Glad we could help!...