Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung 8000series 4K UHD TV and XBOX One viewing

Discus and support Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung 8000series 4K UHD TV and XBOX One viewing in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung 8000series 4K UHD TV and XBOX One viewing Thanks for the above replies - will definitely try this tonight... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by SiggySagar, Dec 23, 2018.

1. SiggySagar
    SiggySagar Guest

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung 8000series 4K UHD TV and XBOX One viewing
    Thanks for the above replies - will definitely try this tonight when I get home from work. Cheers!

:)

SiggySagar, Dec 23, 2018
  2. skylaar Win User

I ran into the same issue as JCON1006. I got a new TV and still used the previous cable (which came with the old TV) and had similar picture issues. I did not realize there was a difference in HDMI cables. I swapped to the new cable that came with the
    new TV and it was like a night and day difference.
  3. LocalDeadboy420 Win User

Samsung 8000series 4K UHD TV and XBOX One viewing

I bought the same tv and my 4k is looking great. Maybe try the 4k troubleshooting on the xbox site, it has good info
  4. Frathos Win User

You may have to adjust settings on your Samsung TV. I use Game mode for the HDMI input I use with my Xbox One. Open Samsung Settings - Picture and select Expert Settings. Scroll down to HDMI UHD Color, press enter (center button on remote) then select HDMI
    input for your Xbox One and set it to On if you want 4K support.

Make sure that Sharpness isn't set to high...I use 25 on my KS8000. HDMI Black Level should probably be on Low or Auto otherwise the display may appear to be washed out (more gray than black). Dynamic Contrast is set to High (or OFF) as the other two settings
    also are a bit more washed out. I leave the TV on Color Space Native and Color Tone Standard.

Good luck!
  5. At the Nozzle Win User

Hey SiggySagur,

Check these settings:

Here's how to change the screen resolution, color depth, and color space settings for an HDTV or monitor that's connected to an Xbox One console by an HDMI cable.

Screen resolution

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Under Display & sound, select Video output.
    5. Select TV resolution.
    6. Select the appropriate screen resolution for your TV or monitor.
    Note The Xbox One console supports screen resolutions of 720p and 1080p.

Color depth

2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    5. Select Color depth.
    6. Select the option that works best for your HDTV or monitor.
    Color depth is how much color information per pixel is sent to the TV or monitor.

Note Color depth of 30 bits per pixel (bpp) or higher is known as "deep color." Not all HDTVs accept deep color information.

Color space

2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    5. Select Color space.
    6. Select the option appropriate for your TV or monitor:
      • Standard (recommended) – The optimal reference level. It should work for all displays.
      • PC RGB – Recommended only if you're using a PC monitor and colors from the "Standard" setting don't look good.
      If those do not work, contact
      Xbox Support
      for further assistance!
    Best,

Nozzle :)
  6. baltyofgod Win User

You should configure your xbox to the tv you have put.
Thema:

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung 8000series 4K UHD TV and XBOX One viewing - Similar Threads - Samsung HG40EA790MS Samsung

2. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 43 inch uhd 4k tv loses xbox signal

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 43 inch uhd 4k tv loses xbox signal: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung ru7100 43 inch uhd 4k tv loses xbox signal I have enabled game mode and HDR plus signal on the tv. Even then it doesnt pick it up....
  3. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox One S Digital

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox One S Digital: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Xbox One S Digital Hello there! Thank you for letting us know that the question has been answered. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved....
  4. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox One S All-Digital Edition

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox One S All-Digital Edition: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Xbox One S All-Digital Edition The input for TV connection is HDMI, at least I use it that way. 89a23104-cae2-4a29-8eb4-20b2d4e84863
  5. Samsung HG40EA790MS: No Signal Connecting XBox One S Digital with Samsung TV

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: No Signal Connecting XBox One S Digital with Samsung TV: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: No Signal Connecting XBox One S Digital with Samsung TV Hey there DoilRules, Thanks for reaching out to the Community for advice on how to handle this...
  6. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Our TV is jut HDR, while Xbox One X requires HDR10

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Our TV is jut HDR, while Xbox One X requires HDR10: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Our TV is jut HDR, while Xbox One X requires HDR10 You can always use xbox one x in any tv, HDR10 is not a requirement you can use the HDR normal and you still...
  7. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung QN55Q6FAMFXZX color problems

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung QN55Q6FAMFXZX color problems: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung QN55Q6FAMFXZX color problems This is a case of some testing, see the cables, image settings of both the TV and the console....
  8. Samsung HG40EA790MS: how do i update xbox one in my television its showing an error

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: how do i update xbox one in my television its showing an error: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: how do i update xbox one in my television its showing an error Follow the steps on the link...
  9. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox One X & Samsung TV - Wide Vertical Scrolling Lines

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox One X & Samsung TV - Wide Vertical Scrolling Lines: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Xbox One X & Samsung TV - Wide Vertical Scrolling Lines Hi there , Thanks for the reply. In reference to the troubleshooting provided, We would like to...
  10. Samsung HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV !

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV !: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV ! Hello! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble with HDR on your...