Samsung: Need help setting up HDR support on my Samsung 4K TV

Discus and support Samsung: Need help setting up HDR support on my Samsung 4K TV in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Audio/Video Receivers): Need help setting up HDR support on my Samsung 4K TV Hey Ladies and Gents we suggest if it hasn't already been done to... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by dylanferreirinha, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Samsung: Need help setting up HDR support on my Samsung 4K TV

Samsung (Audio/Video Receivers): Need help setting up HDR support on my Samsung 4K TV
    Hey Ladies and Gents we suggest if it hasn't already been done to
    Start a New Thread
    so we can better assist with any and all issues or inquiries with the latest information available since policies or promotions tend to change!

:)

dylanferreirinha, Sep 3, 2017
  2. 55UH7700 and I have all checks but one. 4K @50hz. Any ideas

Is it a Samsung TV?

I know when you buy some Samsung TVs, even the newest models their 4K/HDR settings are not always enabled ( was told this by Samsungs on Support staff )

I'm not sure where settings are exactly but you have to go into the video/picture settings and make sure everything is on/enabled, HDR etc

If your not sure just phone Samsungs direct support line, they are brilliant and will make sure everything on TV is set up correctly.

If after that it still doesn't solve it I'd suggest giving Xbox Support a call

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Old Lofty-F6C15296-51A4-4BC1-889C-8055302C326A, Sep 3, 2017
  3. Best 4K TV

@iBakez

Unless you've 100% researched the TV you want double check that the Samsung you are getting.

My mate last week got a Samsung 4K HDR 55 from Currys. Sales guy assured him that it supported HDR10. Got it home, set up his Xbox Slim, picked up 4K but no HDR10. He phoned Samsung directly and was told the that model didn't support HDR10 even after updates.

Luckily Currys replaced it with a TV that supported HDR10 but was a lot of hassle packing the old TV up, waiting for the new one etc

I'd probably do it myself but I bet there's people looking to invest in a 4K after buying a Slim, rush out, see "4K & HDR on the sticker" and think all will be ok.

Old Lofty-F6C15296-51A4-4BC1-889C-8055302C326A, Sep 3, 2017
  4. JSizzle_955
    JSizzle_955 Guest

Did you go to ? General tab >External device manager>HDMI color?

I have an MU6000 samsung 4k tv 2017 model and that's the only way my xbox one X recognizes HDR.

JSizzle_955, Oct 17, 2018
  5. You need to change the settings on the xbox hdmi and enabke the extended color for the hdr to work

HyperVenom523, Oct 17, 2018
  6. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest
    Start a New Thread
    so we can better assist with any and all issues or inquiries with the latest information available since policies or promotions tend to change!

XBF Nestor S, Nov 5, 2018
  7. Old Lofty-F6C15296-5 Win User

55UH7700 and I have all checks but one. 4K @50hz. Any ideas

Is it a Samsung TV?

I know when you buy some Samsung TVs, even the newest models their 4K/HDR settings are not always enabled ( was told this by Samsungs on Support staff )

I'm not sure where settings are exactly but you have to go into the video/picture settings and make sure everything is on/enabled, HDR etc

If your not sure just phone Samsungs direct support line, they are brilliant and will make sure everything on TV is set up correctly.

If after that it still doesn't solve it I'd suggest giving Xbox Support a call

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
  8. XBF Nestor S Win User

Start a New Thread
  9. Old Lofty-F6C15296-5 Win User

Best 4K TV

@iBakez

Unless you've 100% researched the TV you want double check that the Samsung you are getting.

My mate last week got a Samsung 4K HDR 55 from Currys. Sales guy assured him that it supported HDR10. Got it home, set up his Xbox Slim, picked up 4K but no HDR10. He phoned Samsung directly and was told the that model didn't support HDR10 even after updates.

Luckily Currys replaced it with a TV that supported HDR10 but was a lot of hassle packing the old TV up, waiting for the new one etc

I'd probably do it myself but I bet there's people looking to invest in a 4K after buying a Slim, rush out, see "4K & HDR on the sticker" and think all will be ok.
  10. Hordie Win User

Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR

Hi beargrizzle25,

Sorry you're having issues getting 4k / HDR with your TV. Looking at the specs of your TV it doesn't appear to be HDR, so that wouldn't be an option. With Samsung's MU Series TV you would need to be in the 7000 range, and not the 6000 range. That said, I
    have a Samsung HDR 4K, and to get it to properly register you need to go to the Samsung menu and enable UHD color on the HDMI port you're using. If you don't do that, then the Xbox won't detect it correctly.
  11. bush5150 Win User

Issues with 4K HDR

I can say that my Samsung 4K UHD needed to have 4k activated in the HDMI settings of the TV. Also not all HDMI ports on all 4K TV's are capable of 4K.
    That is correct, my Xbox is hooked up to HDMI port 1, which is often the only 4K HDR port (according to the Xbox One X user manual).
Thema:

1. Samsung: Need help setting up HDR support on my Samsung 4K TV - Similar Threads - Samsung Need help

2. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox One S All-Digital Edition

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox One S All-Digital Edition: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Xbox One S All-Digital Edition The input for TV connection is HDMI, at least I use it that way. 89a23104-cae2-4a29-8eb4-20b2d4e84863
  3. Samsung HG40EA790MS: No Signal Connecting XBox One S Digital with Samsung TV

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: No Signal Connecting XBox One S Digital with Samsung TV: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: No Signal Connecting XBox One S Digital with Samsung TV Hey there DoilRules, Thanks for reaching out to the Community for advice on how to handle this...
  4. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Our TV is jut HDR, while Xbox One X requires HDR10

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Our TV is jut HDR, while Xbox One X requires HDR10: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Our TV is jut HDR, while Xbox One X requires HDR10 You can always use xbox one x in any tv, HDR10 is not a requirement you can use the HDR normal and you still...
  5. xbox 360 is blocked from S8 hotspot after last Samsung upgrade

in XBoX on Mobile
    xbox 360 is blocked from S8 hotspot after last Samsung upgrade: Is there a known work around this issue yet.? The upgrade was just a few weeks ago. My 360 will connect with home wireless but not S8 Samsung hotspot. 533468ef-9c22-44b6-a860-8918691aea0d
  6. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung QN55Q6FAMFXZX color problems

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung QN55Q6FAMFXZX color problems: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung QN55Q6FAMFXZX color problems This is a case of some testing, see the cables, image settings of both the TV and the console....
  7. Xbox Samsung Galaxy app is broken

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Samsung Galaxy app is broken: The Xbox app on my Galaxy S7 is broken, I've turned off all notifications but for some reason the app continues to notify me of unlocked achievements and party chat invites ....
  8. Samsung HG40EA790MS: how do i update xbox one in my television its showing an error

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: how do i update xbox one in my television its showing an error: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: how do i update xbox one in my television its showing an error Follow the steps on the link...
  9. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox one X monitor I need Advice

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox one X monitor I need Advice: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Xbox one X monitor I need Advice as far as monitors...there arent any but for 2018 there will be otherwise any 4k tv will do...the sony e900x was top rated for...
  10. Need help connecting my Samsung sound system!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help connecting my Samsung sound system!: I have an xbox one, comcast cable box, samsung un55fh6200 tv and a samsung ht-j5500 sound system. I can only get sound out of the left front speaker. I have xbox hdmi out to tv hdmi in comcast...