Samsung: Need help setting up HDR support on my Samsung 4K TV

Discus and support Samsung: Need help setting up HDR support on my Samsung 4K TV in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Audio/Video Receivers): Need help setting up HDR support on my Samsung 4K TV Hey Ladies and Gents we suggest if it hasn't already been done to... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by dylanferreirinha, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Samsung: Need help setting up HDR support on my Samsung 4K TV

Samsung (Audio/Video Receivers): Need help setting up HDR support on my Samsung 4K TV
    Hey Ladies and Gents we suggest if it hasn't already been done to
    Start a New Thread
    so we can better assist with any and all issues or inquiries with the latest information available since policies or promotions tend to change!

:)

dylanferreirinha, Sep 3, 2017
  2. 55UH7700 and I have all checks but one. 4K @50hz. Any ideas

Is it a Samsung TV?

I know when you buy some Samsung TVs, even the newest models their 4K/HDR settings are not always enabled ( was told this by Samsungs on Support staff )

I'm not sure where settings are exactly but you have to go into the video/picture settings and make sure everything is on/enabled, HDR etc

If your not sure just phone Samsungs direct support line, they are brilliant and will make sure everything on TV is set up correctly.

If after that it still doesn't solve it I'd suggest giving Xbox Support a call

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Old Lofty-F6C15296-51A4-4BC1-889C-8055302C326A, Sep 3, 2017
  3. Best 4K TV

@iBakez

Unless you've 100% researched the TV you want double check that the Samsung you are getting.

My mate last week got a Samsung 4K HDR 55 from Currys. Sales guy assured him that it supported HDR10. Got it home, set up his Xbox Slim, picked up 4K but no HDR10. He phoned Samsung directly and was told the that model didn't support HDR10 even after updates.

Luckily Currys replaced it with a TV that supported HDR10 but was a lot of hassle packing the old TV up, waiting for the new one etc

I'd probably do it myself but I bet there's people looking to invest in a 4K after buying a Slim, rush out, see "4K & HDR on the sticker" and think all will be ok.

Old Lofty-F6C15296-51A4-4BC1-889C-8055302C326A, Sep 3, 2017
  4. JSizzle_955
    JSizzle_955 Guest

Did you go to ? General tab >External device manager>HDMI color?

I have an MU6000 samsung 4k tv 2017 model and that's the only way my xbox one X recognizes HDR.

JSizzle_955, Oct 17, 2018
  5. You need to change the settings on the xbox hdmi and enabke the extended color for the hdr to work

HyperVenom523, Oct 17, 2018
  6. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest
    Start a New Thread
    so we can better assist with any and all issues or inquiries with the latest information available since policies or promotions tend to change!

XBF Nestor S, Nov 5, 2018
  7. Old Lofty-F6C15296-5 Win User

55UH7700 and I have all checks but one. 4K @50hz. Any ideas

Is it a Samsung TV?

I know when you buy some Samsung TVs, even the newest models their 4K/HDR settings are not always enabled ( was told this by Samsungs on Support staff )

I'm not sure where settings are exactly but you have to go into the video/picture settings and make sure everything is on/enabled, HDR etc

If your not sure just phone Samsungs direct support line, they are brilliant and will make sure everything on TV is set up correctly.

If after that it still doesn't solve it I'd suggest giving Xbox Support a call

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
  8. XBF Nestor S Win User

Start a New Thread
  9. Old Lofty-F6C15296-5 Win User

Best 4K TV

@iBakez

Unless you've 100% researched the TV you want double check that the Samsung you are getting.

My mate last week got a Samsung 4K HDR 55 from Currys. Sales guy assured him that it supported HDR10. Got it home, set up his Xbox Slim, picked up 4K but no HDR10. He phoned Samsung directly and was told the that model didn't support HDR10 even after updates.

Luckily Currys replaced it with a TV that supported HDR10 but was a lot of hassle packing the old TV up, waiting for the new one etc

I'd probably do it myself but I bet there's people looking to invest in a 4K after buying a Slim, rush out, see "4K & HDR on the sticker" and think all will be ok.
  10. Hordie Win User

Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR

Hi beargrizzle25,

Sorry you're having issues getting 4k / HDR with your TV. Looking at the specs of your TV it doesn't appear to be HDR, so that wouldn't be an option. With Samsung's MU Series TV you would need to be in the 7000 range, and not the 6000 range. That said, I
    have a Samsung HDR 4K, and to get it to properly register you need to go to the Samsung menu and enable UHD color on the HDMI port you're using. If you don't do that, then the Xbox won't detect it correctly.
  11. bush5150 Win User

Issues with 4K HDR

I can say that my Samsung 4K UHD needed to have 4k activated in the HDMI settings of the TV. Also not all HDMI ports on all 4K TV's are capable of 4K.
    That is correct, my Xbox is hooked up to HDMI port 1, which is often the only 4K HDR port (according to the Xbox One X user manual).
Thema:

1. Samsung: Need help setting up HDR support on my Samsung 4K TV - Similar Threads - Samsung Need help

2. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Configurações de IP

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Configurações de IP: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Configurações de IP Web translation: IP Settings I can't connect to wifi because it appears that my network is not configured. In the IP Address of my Xbox has...
  3. somewhone stoll my samsung galaxy phone and much more i.d. pinpas etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    somewhone stoll my samsung galaxy phone and much more i.d. pinpas etc.: Oke i am from limburg and live now almost 2year in Dordrecht. I was back there for a week or so there thy toke my backpakket and phones and i need back all the information on my phones. How i...
  4. Phone Wireless Chargers 5W Qi Carregador Sem Fio para Samsung S8 S9 Plus Nota 9 8 iPhone X Xs MAX XR

in XboX Insiders
    Phone Wireless Chargers 5W Qi Carregador Sem Fio para Samsung S8 S9 Plus Nota 9 8 iPhone X Xs MAX XR: With the continuous improvement of power supply quality, safety, reliability, convenience, immediacy, special occasions, special geographical environment and other requirements of electrical...
  5. 3 In 1 Charger Cabo USB Carregador para o iphone X XS XR 1 Max 7 8 para Samsung S10 para Xiaomi tipo

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 In 1 Charger Cabo USB Carregador para o iphone X XS XR 1 Max 7 8 para Samsung S10 para Xiaomi tipo: 1. Small fan for table: the mini fan has 1 speed & a 360 degree pivoting head. This quiet fan is compact enough for on a table. 2. Bring you comfort: fan for air circulation in your home can help...
  6. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Error with the update

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Error with the update: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Error with the update This error is a known issue, and it's being looked into. "We are having issues with the service at present in which consoles cannot be...
  7. Best Settings on Samsung 4K UHD 50'' TV (RU7100) for Gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best Settings on Samsung 4K UHD 50'' TV (RU7100) for Gaming: I just bought a new 50'' 4K UHD TV (RU7100) along with Red Dead Redemption 2 for my Xbox One S. I was really excited to see how awesome the graphics would look on the TV but after countless hours...
  8. Samsung HG40EA790MS: One S

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: One S: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: One S I don't believe that emailing Support is an option currently. Only chat via a virtual agent and waiting for a call back from a live person....
  9. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox one X monitor I need Advice

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox one X monitor I need Advice: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Xbox one X monitor I need Advice as far as monitors...there arent any but for 2018 there will be otherwise any 4k tv will do...the sony e900x was top rated for...
  10. Need help connecting my Samsung sound system!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help connecting my Samsung sound system!: I have an xbox one, comcast cable box, samsung un55fh6200 tv and a samsung ht-j5500 sound system. I can only get sound out of the left front speaker. I have xbox hdmi out to tv hdmi in comcast...