Samsung: Problem watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on KS7000 TV

Discus and support Samsung: Problem watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on KS7000 TV in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Televisions): Problem watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on KS7000 (KS8000) TV Hello. I have found and anoying problem when watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on a... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Jose CarlosFerraz, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Samsung: Problem watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on KS7000 TV

Samsung (Televisions): Problem watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on KS7000 (KS8000) TV
    Hello.

I have found and anoying problem when watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on a KS7000 (european version of the KS8000) TV. Image seems to be too white, like having a white filter all over it. The funny thing is that when a return to the XBOX main menu and the movie
    keeps playing windowed it plays great. If I select again the blu-ray app while playing and it goes full screen the movie looks great for a second and then the white filter comes again.

My XBOX is new, with the latest updates and the config is set to 4K and the TV has game mode enabled and the HDMI configured for HDR content (set to UHD).

Thank you very much in advance for all your help.

Best regards.

:)

Jose CarlosFerraz, Jan 8, 2017
  2. Hdr washed out colors and dimmer during hdr content

Same here with a Samsung KS7000, connected with the XBOX ONE S original HDMI cable and with all the correct settings enabled (HDMI UHD Color, XBOX settings, etc.). All the HDR content like 4K HDR blu-rays or games like NBA 2K17 look like the colors are
    washed out. Everything seems dimmed, like having a white filter.

I bought XBOX ONE S to be used as a game console but also as a blu-ray player to complement my 4K HDR TV. Please Microsoft address this issue and solve it ASAP.

Thanks!!

jcferraz-[xboxvenue], Jan 8, 2017
  3. Thefvr14
    Thefvr14 Guest
    4k movie

When playing a 4k blu-ray, my xbox one x is dropping to 1080 p. I can game at 4k without problem. My TV is 4k but does not have HDR. How can I get my movies to play at the full 4k resolution.

TV is Samsung uhd8550 4k without hdr

thanks

Thefvr14, Jan 8, 2017
  4. jcferraz-[xboxvenue] Win User

Hdr washed out colors and dimmer during hdr content

Same here with a Samsung KS7000, connected with the XBOX ONE S original HDMI cable and with all the correct settings enabled (HDMI UHD Color, XBOX settings, etc.). All the HDR content like 4K HDR blu-rays or games like NBA 2K17 look like the colors are
    washed out. Everything seems dimmed, like having a white filter.

I bought XBOX ONE S to be used as a game console but also as a blu-ray player to complement my 4K HDR TV. Please Microsoft address this issue and solve it ASAP.

Thanks!!
  5. consumedsoul Win User

4k content

...and 4k blu-rays. watched BvS and Deadpool this week w/ 4k hdr - stunning.
  6. FullHornet Win User

Question about xbox a slim and screens full hd

Yes it will work but you will just not be able to watch 4k blu rays or use HDR until you upgrade your tv to one that supports both features.
  7. a MAD Dylan Win User

Xbox One S not playing all 4k blu-rays. Some work some don't.

Update:

All the discs are fine they have been checked on a 4k HDR TV on a 4k Blu-ray player (Samsung).

Then tried my Xbox One S on their TV, same problem. Some work some don't.

This tells me that it is the Xbox or the App on the Xbox is at fault.

I have gone back to Microsoft support, Jezz V. further update to come post chat.
  8. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Let's talk Gaming Monitors

I'm using the ASUS VP28UQG monitor,

It's a 28'' TN Panel display,

4k resolution,

1ms response time,

60hz,

Freesync,

Bought it about 2 years ago on Amazon at £300,

and i now only game on it than using my Samsung 50" 4k HDR TV for which i will now only connect my Xbox one X to, to watch 4k blu-ray movies,

I'm looking at upgrading at somepoint for the Scarlett to get a monitor that is at least

28" display+,

4k+,

120hz+,

HDR,

1ms,

Freesync,
Thema:

Samsung: Problem watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on KS7000 TV

1. Samsung: Problem watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on KS7000 TV - Similar Threads - Samsung Problem watching

2. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung QN55Q6FAMFXZX color problems

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung QN55Q6FAMFXZX color problems: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung QN55Q6FAMFXZX color problems This is a case of some testing, see the cables, image settings of both the TV and the console....
  3. Samsung HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV !

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV !: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV ! Hello! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble with HDR on your...
  4. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Problems with Xbox One X and Samsung ue55nu7096

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Problems with Xbox One X and Samsung ue55nu7096: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Problems with Xbox One X and Samsung ue55nu7096 Hey Orjan thanks for keeping in touch! This can be caused by a corrupt update so we suggest a reset of the...
  5. Samsung HWD450: Ever since the November update I have audio setting problem

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HWD450: Ever since the November update I have audio setting problem: Samsung (Audio/Video Receivers) HWD450: Ever since the November update I have audio setting problem Hey Worf, Thanks for reaching out! We'll try our best to get this sorted out for you. Since you...
  6. Samsung Samsung: SMT-C7100: problema a la conectividad [Translation - Connectivity problem]

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung Samsung: SMT-C7100: problema a la conectividad [Translation - Connectivity problem]: Samsung (Set-top Boxes) Samsung: SMT-C7100: problema a la conectividad [Translation - Connectivity problem] Hello Steve, Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. I have removed your email...
  7. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Has anyone else had this problem?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Has anyone else had this problem?: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Has anyone else had this problem? I have a major problem and I wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue. Last Friday (11-10-17) I was watching Netflix on...
  8. 2017 Samsung LED/QLED - 4K/HDR detection problems? Start Here!

in XBoX on Consoles
    2017 Samsung LED/QLED - 4K/HDR detection problems? Start Here!: Hello Xbox One X Owners! I saw some people with newer Samsung TV's having issues with 4K and HDR detection on the Xbox One X posting recently, and I wanted to write a quick list of things to do...
  9. Samsung UN65JS9000 Xbox One S HDR problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung UN65JS9000 Xbox One S HDR problem: I've bypassed my AV receiver and still can't get any check marks passed the 1st one under the advanced 4k TV Details. Anyone have any insight with the same setup? 99801c81-d178-4389-8233-373f222e763f
  10. samsung s4 hotspot problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    samsung s4 hotspot problem: I'm using 3g to connect my xbox one to live,problem is,Xbox one doesn't find my hotspot. Is their a way to solve this issue? I only want use xboxlive not t play online games....