Samsung Q90R Xbox 4K issue

Discus and support Samsung Q90R Xbox 4K issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Everybody, Hoping somebody here can help me with my issue. I have a Q90R 65 inch QlED that has been working great since i got it ( about two... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rogg721, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Rogg721
    Rogg721 Guest

Hi Everybody, Hoping somebody here can help me with my issue.

I have a Q90R 65 inch QlED that has been working great since i got it ( about two month). I run an Xbox one x and the Playstation Pro. Everything has great until Wednesday, the TV randomly lost the video source
    while playing a game. The TV would flicker game mode on and off, then wouldn't show a picture at all. I have since got the Xbox to run stable by setting the Xobox to HDMI, 1080P. If I set the Xbox to auto detect the display setting, it will flicker game
    mode then lose the picture. If I try and push the xbox to 4k, it says my TV does not support 4k gaming.

I have done the following for testing

• switched HDMI cables, including purchasing new cable that support 8k
    • Switched HDMI Ports
      • Same issue either port
      • Playstation plays in 4k on either port
    • Tinkered with game mode settings, currently game mode set to auto on TV
    • Power cycled everything in the set up ( one connect box)
    I don't have another TV to test 4K, but the HDMI port was able to play 4K HDR on the Playstation. Appreciate any thoughts or suggestion form the community.

Thanks

Rogg

:)

Rogg721, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Rogg721 Win User

Aquarrz,

Thanks for the suggestions, but I believe i have exhausted all the possible settings combinations. I think there is either a hardware failure or software failure on the Xbox. I'm able to get 4k HDR on all the HDMI ports, with a different source connected.
    The Xbox will fail to display 4k on any port that its connected.

Is there any way to download the software again, without losing my content? I really don't want download all my content, only to find out that its a hardware issue.

I've heard rumors of the 4k chip failing on the card, but don't really see how I can test that. I do have an extended warranty, but would like to make sure its not a software issue before going down that path.

Thanks
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

I’m having a similar issue with my LG tv, which is around 5 years old. Had the One X since day one without issue, problems started with the latest update. Im presuming it’s a HDR10 issue as it’s occasionally flicking in and out of HDR mode, but
    sometimes the TV just shows “format not recognised”
    If the above links don't work, you should create your own post and include your setup and issue so that assistance can be tailored to resolve your specific problem.
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

"Is there any way to download the software again, without losing my content? I really don't want download all my content, only to find out that its a hardware issue."

There are two options when you reset your console, keep all games and apps, or the more drastic, delete everything.

Make sure you have your all account details and passwords prior to reset.

If you can use the Guide Goto>System>Settings>System>Console info>Reset

otherwise bring up the troubleshooting screen by

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the BIND button (located below the Xbox button on the console) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
      Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an
      EJECT
      button. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the
      BIND button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button
    4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
  6. AMHMCMLXXII Win User

I’m having a similar issue with my LG tv, which is around 5 years old. Had the One X since day one without issue, problems started with the latest update. Im presuming it’s a HDR10 issue as it’s occasionally flicking in and out of HDR mode, but sometimes
    the TV just shows “format not recognised”
Thema:

1. Samsung Q90R Xbox 4K issue - Similar Threads - Samsung Q90R issue

2. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Distorted Side of Screen

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Distorted Side of Screen: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Distorted Side of Screen Actually it’s not just on my xbox. When I first saw it earlier, I went on the Youtube app on my tv and didn’t see the issue. However I...
  3. Anyone else using a Samsung Note 10

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else using a Samsung Note 10: So far my experience with xcloud had been pretty amazing. The only gripe is that my phones aspect ratio is 19:9 so it causes it to black bar on both sides. Not a huge issue but the text in most...
  4. Samsung Dex + Project xCloud/Console Streaming is now in full screen!

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung Dex + Project xCloud/Console Streaming is now in full screen!: Unless I missed it but I believe the latest Game Streaming app update enabled full screen on Dex. Played it on my Note 9 with the HP Lapdock. It was so cool. Always wanted to have a portable Xbox...
  5. Lip Sync issue on Dolby Atmos with Xbox One X and Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar over HDMI ARC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lip Sync issue on Dolby Atmos with Xbox One X and Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar over HDMI ARC: Hi guys I need your help as this is driving me crazy at the moment :D I have a Lip Sync issue with my Xbox one X configured in Atmos and my Sasmung HW-Q90R soundbar, both connected via HDMI ARC...
  6. Console streaming Samsung Note 9 issue

in XboX Insiders
    Console streaming Samsung Note 9 issue: Hey, I just wanted to see if anyone else was having an issue (or I'm doing something wrong) with the Xbox button on their controller while using the console streaming. When I'm in a game and I...
  7. Samsung Galaxy Fold

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung Galaxy Fold: My phone is not listed as a choice and I want to try this out. I've been a member of Xbox live over 10 years. If anyone reads this can help msg me or let me know. submitted by /u/immortaldragn...
  8. Forza or Gears 5 HDR Brightness von Samsung Q9FN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza or Gears 5 HDR Brightness von Samsung Q9FN: Hello, everybody. I would like to ask you the following question: What HDR brightness can you set Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 to in their menus? I have the Samsung Q9FN, which is considered to be...
  9. Running on Samsung Dex

in XboX Insiders
    Running on Samsung Dex: Got this bad boy running on Samsung Dex. Would be cool to be able to go Full Screen but this is pretty neat for a super portable big screen exp. Samsung S8 as well so a little old but handling it...
  10. Issues with Xbox Audio, third party video apps and Samsung Q90r Soundbar

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with Xbox Audio, third party video apps and Samsung Q90r Soundbar: I've been asked to post this here by someone on Twitter so would be great to get an opinion. I have my Xbox plugged in to my Q90r (7.2.4 soundbar with rears) using hdmi. When the Xbox is set to...