Samsung SSD T5 not working for games.

Discus and support Samsung SSD T5 not working for games. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have a samsung SSD T5 and I've never been offered the option to format it on my Xbox series x. When I go to settings>manage storage devices and press... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Lugia598, Sep 26, 2021.

1. /u/Lugia598
    /u/Lugia598 Guest

I have a samsung SSD T5 and I've never been offered the option to format it on my Xbox series x. When I go to settings>manage storage devices and press the options button it is not there either. My XSX has been updated as of 9/24/21 but still no luck with this issue. I've read similar threads about this issue but they only refer to the issue in terms of media for movies, not games. I was wondering if anyone else has experience this or has a semi fix.

TLDR: SSD T5 won't work for games on XSX, only shows up for media.

submitted by /u/Lugia598
    [link] [comments]

/u/Lugia598, Sep 26, 2021
  2. CAPTAIN SUMMERZ Win User

External Storage

Update 1: SSDs have the same issue. It seems to be connected to the amount of data (game icons) being loaded at once and breaks at around 600. I have moved the data to 8 2TB SSDs and I can now use the My Games and Apps section again but only browsing one
    drive at a time. If I select all storage the console restarts.

Because it only crashes when it tried to load 600 items I am inclined to believe that it is related to the amount of things installed and not the cumulative size of the installations because the other games are still launch-able even though they are not
    on screen via friend invites.

Update 2:

HDDs

Combo HDD/SSDs [in USB 3.0 enclosure]

Sata SSDs [in USB 3.0 enclosure]

M.2 SSDs [in USB 3.0 enclosure]

Samsung T5 SSDs

All have this problem. SSDs were Samsung, Combo and HDDs were either Samsung or WD.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

External Hard drive

And a credit card sized 500g...SSD by SAMSUNG T5....USB 3.1 Gen2 (up to 10gbper sec.).
    Your drive is rated USB 3.1 Gen 2 and it can do up to 10 Gbit/s, but you won't get that speed on the One X as its USB ports are only USB 3.1 Gen 1 which are up to 5 Gbit/s.

Faster than a slow 2.5" 5,400 RPM mechanical hard drive for sure, but you could have achieved similar performance with a 2.5" SSD in a external hard drive enclosure.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

1406 update

I have a 500GB 2.5" HDD and a couple ~500GB SSDs (Crucial m4, Samsung 840 EVO). Gonna try out the HDD and an SSD, see how they fare.
  5. BIG.MIKE.O'C Win User

External Hard drive

Pretty much any USB 3.0 external hard drive with a minimum capacity of 128gb will work. Most gamers use Seagate or Western Digital as their preferred choice, but as I say any brand will work.

I myself use Seagate game drive, Western Digital, Toshiba, as well as Samsung and Maxtor (Both use Seagate drives in the enclosure). The only problem I had was with the Game drive, but Seagate replaced it straightaway, and never had an issue since.
    Agreed. Ive got a seagate 4tb external hard drive when xbox One first came out. It still works perfectly. on my xbox one for inexpensive capacity combined with the 1's internal 500gigs. And a credit card sized 500g...SSD by SAMSUNG T5....USB 3.1 Gen2 (up to
    10gbper sec.).!!!! Lightning fast.... Its the best size and speeds available for the low price .of about $89.00 a yr ago. And man did it make my loading times fast.!!!!
  6. R0Y MUNS0N Win User

Adventure Mode and Windows 8.1

it's a normal i7 2600 with 8 GB RAM R9 280 graphic card and a Samsung SSD
Thema:

1. Samsung SSD T5 not working for games. - Similar Threads - Samsung SSD working

2. After a recent update (23rd August), my Series X no longer recognises my Samsung T5...

in XboX Insiders
    After a recent update (23rd August), my Series X no longer recognises my Samsung T5...: Hey all, I've been using the Samsung T5 2GB external SSD for media since I had my Xbox One. I've never had a problem with it until now. I turned on my Xbox on August 24 and went to watch a movie...
  3. HDMI CEC not turning off Samsung Q80T

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC not turning off Samsung Q80T: TV: Samsung Q80T HDMI CEC: enabled with all options checked CEC is able to turn the TV on, but is having issues turning it on since a few updates ago. While I noticed it was in the known issues...
  4. Problems with Remote play with Razer Kishi Xbox controller on Samsung S10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with Remote play with Razer Kishi Xbox controller on Samsung S10: Here's my issue. The Kishi and my phone with the Xbox App worked great earlier in July, but after I got back from a bunch of vacation, it seems that the controller doesn't respond the way it...
  5. No Signal Connecting XBox One S with Samsung TV- check source

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Signal Connecting XBox One S with Samsung TV- check source: I'm having a frustrating time setting up my XBox One S with Samsung 4K TV(s). In short, the Samsung TV says 'No Signal' on the screen. it was working fine before. I've now tried to set-up the...
  6. Problem with Microsoft Solitare Collection on my Samsung Tablet

in XBoX on Mobile
    Problem with Microsoft Solitare Collection on my Samsung Tablet: I cannot change user accounts on my tablet. I have to uninstall and reinstall. I have had this problem since May and have sent four emails with no answers from Microsoft. I know they got my...
  7. Xbox cloud gaming on Samsung Galaxy view 2 17" tablet sign in loop.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox cloud gaming on Samsung Galaxy view 2 17" tablet sign in loop.: I have a galaxy view 2 17" tablet, trying to get this to work with xbox cloud gaming but I'm stuck In a sign in loop, after I click on "let's go!" It brings me back to sign in again. Anyone know...
  8. Xbox Series S picture problems with the Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU QLED 4K UHD TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S picture problems with the Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU QLED 4K UHD TV: I've recently purchased a Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU 4K UHD QLED TV that supports 120hz gaming for the new consoles. I also purchased a Xbox Series S console a couple of days ago and I'm having...
  9. Why does my Samsung universal remote turn off my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Samsung universal remote turn off my Xbox?: I have multiple TVs in my basement, and when I turn on my Samsung TVs it turns off my Xbox, and I don’t know how I’d fix it, because my Xbox is plugged into a monitor not the Samsung tv....
  10. Capturing video To a Samsung T5 external SSD, my captures have a weird glitch. They keep...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Capturing video To a Samsung T5 external SSD, my captures have a weird glitch. They keep...: Its ruined a whole day of captures. No poc but I have videos 536e3e81-e86b-4be6-b20f-594e7037fd19