SATA3-SSHD with a USB 3.0 adapter ?!

Discus and support SATA3-SSHD with a USB 3.0 adapter ?! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys ! Can i use this with my X1 ? I know a normal external usb 3.0 hard drive would work and it is faster (15-20sec). But what about SATA3 with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JaXn007, May 29, 2014.

1. JaXn007
    JaXn007 Guest

Hey guys !

Can i use this with my X1 ? I know a normal external usb 3.0 hard drive would work and it is faster (15-20sec). But what about SATA3 with an adapter i think it will increase the speed again for myabe 5 sec.

What are you guys thinking about this ?

Sry for my english.

SSHD:

http://www.amazon.de/Seagate-ST1000...401398800&sr=8-7&keywords=sata+3+2+5+zoll+1tb

Adapter:

http://www.amazon.de/Inateck-Festpl...751&sr=8-1&keywords=sata+3+3.0#productDetails

:)

JaXn007, May 29, 2014
  2. mikmort
    mikmort Guest
    Xbox One Kinect Extension / Connection

It looks like the Kinect itself does not have a standard USB 3.0 port

If looks like the back of the XBOX One Kinect does not have a standard USB 3.0 port but rather something proprietary (with a very thick cable!). Check out this picture:
    *1853-0b988317312371f37ae14478f14d0619.jpg*

You can also see the cable in the video of Major Nelson unboxing the XBOX retail kit, so I think this is final.

Hence I don't think a standard USB 3.0 extension cable is going to do the trick without some sort of adapter. Does anyone know the protocol is actually USB 3.0? If so, perhaps some adapter could be built.

This is seems like a pretty big deal as there are plenty of people where the XBOX isn't physically that close to the TV. Has anyone heard of any proposed solutions or any word on this?

-Mike

mikmort, May 29, 2014
  3. SoddenCub71
    SoddenCub71 Guest
    Xbox 360 controller not working on Windows 8

I noticed that in Devices and Printers, the controller's right-click menu had a Troubleshoot option. I tried it, and got a message:

"Xbox 360 Wireless Controller via Play & Charge Kit is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0. Plug the device into an available USB 2.0 port, and click Next. Otherwise, click Cancel."

I thought USB 3.0 was supposed to be strictly better than 2.0, including backward compatibility. That's (part of) why I bought a laptop with only USB 3.0 ports. Looking on Amazon, there doesn't seem to even be a USB 3.0 version of the Play & Charge Kit;
    or even a generic USB 2.0 to 3.0 adapter.

SoddenCub71, May 29, 2014
  4. The Cthulhu Win User

Laptop

^^^The Cable Matters USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter turns an available USB 3.0 port into an HDMI/DVI
    output.

Op needs an input, not an output; unless I'm missing something.
  5. Districtopia Win User

Xbox One - Portable External Hard Drive - Will it Work?

As long as it is USB 3.0 and at least 256GB it will work whether it is powered by an AC Adapter or straight from USB.
  6. Burnin TODI Win User

Xbox One Kinect

There is a USB 3.0 adapter for the kinect. They will have a free adapter program. Anyone with an existing kinect serial number can enter into a website for a free adapter if upgrading to a s model.
  7. IceStorm III Win User

External HDD's ?

USB 3.0 doubles or triples the real-world sustained transfer rate compared to USB 2.0. My USB 3.0 drives get 40-60MB/sec. My USB 2.0 drives get 20-27MB/sec. My SSDs connected via SATA to USB 3.0 adapters get around 100MB/sec, should you want to go the ridiculously
    expensive route.

A 2.0 drive should work, but you may want to keep an eye out for USB 3.0 drives during the holiday season sales period.
  8. PioneerRaptor-7639C0 Win User

XBox One Controller loses power

I had a similar issue yesterday. Ensuring that the adapter or wired cord was in a USB 2.0 slot not a USB 3.0/3.1 slot fixed my issue.
Thema:

1. SATA3-SSHD with a USB 3.0 adapter ?! - Similar Threads - SATA3 SSHD USB

2. USB Mic for Xbox 1?

in XBoX Accessibility
    USB Mic for Xbox 1?: Hello. I am trying to use a USB mic for my Xbox one. I can hear other people but they can't hear me. I don't know if Xbox supports USB mics or if there's a setting I need to change....
  3. USB backward compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    USB backward compatibility: When trying to download a xbox 360 game on my xbox one and I could not because it was on a usb is there any way to play the game with out a physical copy on the xbox one or is there a way for the...
  4. Bluetooth? USB tethering?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bluetooth? USB tethering?: Is there any way to USB tether an android device directly to Xbox one x to use the internet connection on the device? Also xbox one x does not have Bluetooth??? 9025d0cf-4163-42b5-a826-693dbe53c0d1
  5. Request to make it possible to transfer saves from 360 to ONE with USB

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Request to make it possible to transfer saves from 360 to ONE with USB: I'd like to request and suggest to make it possible to transfer save files for backwards compatible games from 360 to ONE with USB stick. It seems really unnecessary to buy Live Gold just for...
  6. USB flash drive 360 system update not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB flash drive 360 system update not working: I have a Fat32 formatted 128GB USB flash drive that I have unzipped the Xbox 360 system update to. The update does not begin when starting the console as the instructions says it should. I've...
  7. USB audio???????

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB audio???????: Why doesn't xbox one support usb audio for all headsets I have astro a50 and mic cords are trash. My ps4 that rarely play has the audio and mic through the usb port from my amp with no optical...
  8. Why doesn't the USB headset work on XBOX?

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't the USB headset work on XBOX?: Why do headphones not work directly from XBOX? In ps4 plugplay and xbox is not supported. submitted by /u/fabiohcnobre [link] [comments]
  9. Identifying Xbox One Elite 1TB SSHD console? How to?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Identifying Xbox One Elite 1TB SSHD console? How to?: Is anyone able to advise on how to positively identify a Microsoft Xbox One Elite console? This is the console that has an internal 1TB SSHD and included the Elite controller with it. I have one...
  10. Xbox One SSHD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One SSHD: Can someone advise? I am thinking of getting a SSHD for my xbox one. Samsung seems a decent and popular make, but there is many different options. Some have USB 3 which can plug straight into the...