Saving games to new Xbox one

Discus and support Saving games to new Xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm replacing my old Xbox one with a new one but don't want to lose all of my games I'm playing. Do I need to put them on an external drive or are they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bejaybe, Aug 3, 2019.

1. bejaybe
    bejaybe Guest

I'm replacing my old Xbox one with a new one but don't want to lose all of my games I'm playing. Do I need to put them on an external drive or are they in a cloud??> Help. please!

:)

bejaybe, Aug 3, 2019
  2. Biggshow Win User

The games themselves can either be redownloaded on the new console, stored on an external drive and moved over, or you can do a network transfer if you'll still have the old console.

The game saves are already stored om the cloud as long as you've been signed into Live while playing. So those will just resync as soon as you start a game on the new console.
    This was the only thing I have never tested. If they are already on an external drive, can it just be a plug and play option?
  3. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Hi bejabe,

They should be in the cloud but you may want to double check by doing the following;

Sign in to your Xbox profile.

Go to settings, and then select System.

Select Storage.

Select the storage device that contains the saved game that you want to move to the cloud.

Select Games.

Select the game with your saved game.

Select your saved game.

Select Move.

If you have any problems you can find more info here:Store your saved games in the cloud
  4. Drizzle J Win User

Nope! They’ll be connected with your microsoft account!
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi bejaybe,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that.

First thing to know is that your digital game licenses are tied to your account, so you can download those games from the Ready to Install section of your game library on any Xbox One you add your account to. There are 3 ways you can transfer your
    games onto the new Xbox. Your saved data is synced to the Xbox Live cloud storage, so once the games are transferred, you most recent saves will re-sync to your new console once the games are launched. The 3 ways to transfer games are:

1. Network transfer lets one Xbox console copy games and apps from another console, so long as they’re on the same home
      network. Copying this way can be faster than downloading another copy of the same game or app. You'll need to enable the setting on the old Xbox One.
    2. You can move or copy the games onto an external hard drive formatted for the Xbox One. You just need to plug one in to format it. Copy or move the games from Storage settings, and then plug in the external drive in the new Xbox, sign into your
      account, and you're ready to play.
    3. You can simply just download your games on the new Xbox by going into the Ready to Install section of your game library and install your games one by one. This way would be the most time consuming.

I hope this helps!
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello bejaybe,

We'll be locking the thread as there are no other resolutions for this issue. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums and create a new thread for further assistance. For those reading
    this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
Thema:

1. Saving games to new Xbox one - Similar Threads - Saving games

2. Save game Metro Exodus.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Save game Metro Exodus.: Good afternoon i play in Metro Exodus via Xbox Game Pass PC. I need save files for this game, where are they? 72154537-5eb7-4540-9df3-3d5808533c1a
  3. Using xbox 360 save data with xbox one game pass game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using xbox 360 save data with xbox one game pass game: I own Resident Evil 5 (and all of the DLC for it) on the xbox 360 and I uploaded my saved data for my profile from my xbox 360 to the cloud. I checked the save data on the cloud and it says In...
  4. Halo wars 2 cant find saved games suddently

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo wars 2 cant find saved games suddently: Hi, Does anyone know about this issue? I log on and start game but it can't find saved games and dispaly there is no saved games. 9f8fcc18-2939-46db-b1ff-25547748e977
  5. Saved games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Saved games: When I to settings in the system it does not load please fix this I am die ing play Forza Horizon 4 ec0310b5-f55a-4f43-9c7d-bfcb18b6782e
  6. Saving 360 games on Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saving 360 games on Xbox one: I've downloaded an old 360 game to my Xbox. It's downloaded onto an external hard drive. When I load the game, it starts OK, but then says that there isn't enough space for a save game. There's...
  7. Game won't load a saved game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't load a saved game: I bought a digital copy of subdivision infinity dx. The game loads and plays great. My problem is when I come to load in my game where it was saved. It doesn't load it.. It just starts from the...
  8. Reset a game from cloud save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reset a game from cloud save: Is there anyway to reset a game and start over? I've just moved from xbox 360 to xbox one and moved my games over but would like to start some of them again. I know I cant reset achievements' but...
  9. Is it possible to play a save game on two different devices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play a save game on two different devices?: It may be a question that already has been answered somewhere around here, but I couldn't find the answer, hence: I'm moving to Switzerland soon, me and my brother-in-law play Fifa 19 career mode...
  10. Xbox One game saves

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One game saves: My original xbox one stopped working recently (motherboard died) and I was thinking about purchasing an Xbox One S. Will my game saves still be there? Thanks in advance....