Scammers getting their way?

Discus and support Scammers getting their way? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello guys, gotta ask about this one, lets begin with the story. Sitting at home minding my own business and then I get a notification from Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Modris1254, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Modris1254
    Modris1254 Guest

Hello guys, gotta ask about this one, lets begin with the story.

Sitting at home minding my own business and then I get a notification from Microsoft that I have purchased a game, surprised going into Microsoft store and yes, I have gifted a game for 69.99£ to some who I have no clue about, I'm thinking oh not a big deal going to refund that thing and keep going about my day, but hold it, ha turns out its not that simple, first of all had to go through various ways and means to actually reach the refund page, since its a gift that thing doesn't even show as an option to refund, long story short, filled the form, hearing back from xbox team "Sorry this purchase is not eligible for refund", now what, paypal says go to Microsoft, (Mod Removed) any suggestions?

Would appreciate some advice

:)

Modris1254, Jun 11, 2021
  2. davemcfly85 Win User

i just got scammed for 3200 microsoftpoints

well your not gonna get your points back and only reporting the scammer from the console will they be dealt with by the Enforcement Team. but as the other poster said you could get into trouble for even trying to do what the scammer was offering.
  3. XxDorasBKPKxX Win User

Antivirus Xbox

just scammers probably trying to get to you! Beware
  4. Smwutches Win User

Please get this scammer

You would need to report them via their profile in order for the enforcement team to investigate them.
  5. X Farscape X Win User

the only way that someone can even buy something from your account is if that someone has access to your account, i.e sharing credentials to share games is the worse one for this, or using a very weak password with no 2fa or letting someone else have access to your xbox/pc without being passcode/pin protected. these are the only ways this could happen.

i would open and unauthorised access request with Microsoft if you think your account has been compromised.
  6. Toasted boi7840 Win User

Please get this scammer

good news i was able 2 see one of his scam posts and send a report :D
Thema:

1. Scammers getting their way? - Similar Threads - Scammers getting

2. Im having scammer accounts adding me on xbox every day

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having scammer accounts adding me on xbox every day: Im receiving constant notifications that certain account are adding me, usually with half naked women as the profile picture. In their bio's its usually some sketchy URL that will obviously lead...
  3. Xbox Scammers

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Scammers: Holla internet! This year, i have received 15 missed calls from [mod removed] Saying that my Xbox is infected with some HaCkEr oooohhh! I decided to ring them. Then some text to speech asks you...
  4. Scammer Girls is trying to interrupt my account on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Scammer Girls is trying to interrupt my account on Xbox: Over 95 Scammer Girls is trying to interrupt my account on Xbox. That means Scammer Girls liked my profile picture and I need to block that Scammer Girls added me on Xbox to stop getting more...
  5. Please get this scammer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please get this scammer: Hi my xbox name is Toasted boi#7840 and i have been scammed in rocket league but using the xbox chat, The username of this scammer was at the time of the scamming [mod removed] i have video proof...
  6. My friend got banned for insulting a scammer

in XBoX Accessibility
    My friend got banned for insulting a scammer: my friend got banned for insulting a guy who scammed him on GTA 5 or somethin' and if this reaches one of the people over at Microsoft then please do unban Snappycakes1...
  7. Don't know where to post this,need help getting account back from scammer plz

in XBoX on Consoles
    Don't know where to post this,need help getting account back from scammer plz: My son agreed to game share his account with someone and they were going to share theirs with him. The second they got his password they changed the password and then the email. It is my account -...
  8. Scammer account how to report

in XBoX on Consoles
    Scammer account how to report: Hi guys so i just brought what i thought was a digital download from ebay (not the best move i know) Turns out the guy is not selling marketplace codes but instead linking you up to a shared...
  9. I want to get a scammer punished

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to get a scammer punished: Scammer's username - [mod removed] So to get things started, I not looking for this player to get like perm banned but suspended just to teach them a lesson. On to the main part, I was on the...
  10. Possible hackers/scammers, inviting to party's to get information

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible hackers/scammers, inviting to party's to get information: recently I've heard some rumours of hackers on Xbox and they way they get your information is that they add you and if your in their party, about 40 minutes ago I had some random people messaging...