Screeching noise from xbox one

Discus and support Screeching noise from xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I have owned this xbox one for 2 years now. And I've noticed quite a long time ago that anytime when the xbox is off it is making a quiet high... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VideoFuzzball30, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Screeching noise from xbox one

Hello! I have owned this xbox one for 2 years now. And I've noticed quite a long time ago that anytime when the xbox is off it is making a quiet high pitched noise. Its quite hard to explain how it sounds. I've searched everywhere to see if anyone is having
    this problem but found nothing. Can you please help? Also i think the sound is only being made when the console is off. It doesn't stop after a while either. And im using an original xbox one.

:)

VideoFuzzball30, Jul 31, 2019
  2. irontim555 Win User

Hello! VideoFuzzball30,

If you have a disk in then the disk reader might be making that noise, I've had my Xbox One Since the second day it came out and about 2 years ago when ever i leave a disk in for more than 2 days it will make a Scratching/Screeching noise, I found that by
    putting a bit of pressure with your finger near the top left of the disk input the problem fixes itself after about 10 - 30 seconds of holding it, If that doesn't help then i try to take out the disk and put it back in still holding a bit of pressure and i
    eventually get it.

I Hope this helps!
  3. ChopDaLyricolig Win User

perhaps it needs a factory reset.
  4. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello VideoFuzzball30!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

I've encountered other gamers who've reported the same issue.

What they did was they unplugged the console power supply from the power strip that it was connected to and

plugged it straight into the wall socket.

The sound was actually coming from the power strip that it was connected to and not the Xbox console.

Try that and let us know if that helps!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Will a new Xbox one s sound like this?

Hi Hampus,

Thanks for your post! Do you mind describing what sound is occurring from the Xbox One S console? Is there any clicking, mechanical noise, whirring, screeching, etc.? We are eager to help as much as possible.

Please let us know.
  6. HomeSw3rv Win User

Power brick making LOUD noises.

What did it sound like? Was it a wirring or a screeching noise? If it's the former, I may be in the same boat as you.
Thema:

1. Screeching noise from xbox one - Similar Threads - Screeching noise

2. Screeching sound in party chat, game chat mic sounds crackly to others

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screeching sound in party chat, game chat mic sounds crackly to others: Hi, I've had various issues with my chat on my Xbox One S for a while. My party chat used to work perfectly - until one day an additional member joined the party, which caused some kind of...
  3. Screeching and other audio issues in games.

in XboX Insiders
    Screeching and other audio issues in games.: So far from what I can tell games like Destiny 2 and Gears 4 are still experiencing major audio issues that make the games almost completely unplayable. Is this issue being looked at or are the...
  4. Audio screeching during Destiny 2.

in XboX Insiders
    Audio screeching during Destiny 2.: Decided to come back to D2 for the final annual pass content and have noticed random screeches and audio pops while playing. Using a headset connected to my controller and Dolby Atmos. submitted...
  5. My urBeats3 make a screeching noise when plugged directly into a controller and through an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My urBeats3 make a screeching noise when plugged directly into a controller and through an...: They make a continuous beeping sound in my ears when plugged directly into the 3.5mm slot on a controller. If I use the 3.5mm adaptor, they no longer make the noise, BUT they make a screeching and...
  6. Xbox making loud screeching noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox making loud screeching noise.: Alright ive been having this issue for a few weeks now. My xbox will randomly make a high pitched screech during normal use while playing gamea and watching videoes. Does it nore quietly at idle....
  7. Xbox One Stereo Headset Making loud Screeching noise in chats

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset Making loud Screeching noise in chats: Hi I have an xbox one and i use a stereo headset adapter, I used it to chat with friends and listen to game audio at the same time and mine has worked for prob around an entire year, then recently...
  8. Xbox app party chat screeching noise?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app party chat screeching noise?: Whenever i join a party, my account makes a screeching noise that everyone else can hear. It does this even with my microphone muted. The only thing that stops it is unplugging my microphone. I...
  9. Screeching noise coming from console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screeching noise coming from console: I recently bought an xbox one from a friend and there is a horrible screeching noise coming from it while I am not in a game. I happens when I am watching Netflix, youtube, or just sitting in the...
  10. new console making high pitched screeching noise??

in XBoX on Consoles
    new console making high pitched screeching noise??: My son got an XB1 last Wednesday and whilst playing today a what seems like a high pitched screeching noise was coming from within the console, my son told me it has happened before but not as...