Screeching sound in party chat, game chat mic sounds crackly to others

Discus and support Screeching sound in party chat, game chat mic sounds crackly to others in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I've had various issues with my chat on my Xbox One S for a while. My party chat used to work perfectly - until one day an additional member... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JohnLS5150, Aug 2, 2019.

1. JohnLS5150
    JohnLS5150 Guest

Hi,

I've had various issues with my chat on my Xbox One S for a while.

My party chat used to work perfectly - until one day an additional member joined the party, which caused some kind of feedback and almost deafened me, and now whenever I'm in a party, the other member's voices have a screeching intonation to varying degrees
    every fourth or so word that is quite painful.

Game chat works ok, but I have had some complaints that it sounds like my mic is not plugged in properly or the wire needs to be jiggled around.

I have two controllers and 3 headsets, and have tried combinations of all of these with the same result. One of the headsets is the Xbox one chat headset. Both controllers are the official ones. I have no issues with lag/open NAT etc.

I sent my xbox in for a service, and it came back with no improvement.

Please help!

:)

JohnLS5150, Aug 2, 2019
  2. DeWarkD Win User

It happens no matter who I am with in the party - I have tried it with three different individuals and the result is always the same (I generally only play with one person at any time).

Although I should mention that the one time when two others joined the party, then it became normal...
    Do you have the console over LAN or WLAN on the run?

did you pick it up with a Mixamp as it is with an Astro A40?
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

The following conditions may cause an echo or noise during gameplay:

The microphone detects ambient noises. This includes voice transmission that comes from the earpiece.

The headset plug is not fully inserted into the controller.You’re using the Xbox One Wireless Controller, and the battery levels in the unit are low.

If you or other players hear an echo or other noise during gameplay, try the following:

Turn the volume down on your TV or stereo.

Disconnect the headset, and then reconnect it firmly to the controller's expansion port.

Note Never pull on the headset cable when removing it from your controller. Remove your headset from your controller by pulling on the body of the headset plug.Clean the plug on the headset cable with a clean cloth, and then reconnect the headset to the
    controller.Test the headset by connecting it to a different controller.

If you're using an Xbox One Wireless Controller, replace the AA batteries or recharge the Xbox One rechargeable battery.

This is a part of yhe solutions found in this link.

https://support.xbox.com/en-ZA/xbox-one/accessories/wired-headset-help
  4. DeWarkD Win User

Is that always with a person? can it be an override of your chat partner?
  5. JohnLS5150 Win User

Unfortunately that cannot be the case, as I stated in the OP, this happens with 3 different sets of headsets - and one of them (the original MS chat headset) was new out of the box but still this happened.

My friends don't hear shrill in party chat, I do. They apparently hear "cricket sounds".

In game chat they dont hear cricket sounds, they hear slight crackling (which I don't - game chat sounds perfectly for me).

I tested the same headsets in Skype and they worked perfectly.
  6. JohnLS5150 Win User

I switch between lan and wifi as it's hard for me to get an open nat on lan connection.

Sorry - what is this mixamp? I'm not very tech savvy. I pick it up with the turtle beach 70 recon, the ms chat headset, and various generic samsung headsets.
Thema:

1. Screeching sound in party chat, game chat mic sounds crackly to others - Similar Threads - Screeching sound party

2. Screeching noise from xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screeching noise from xbox one: Hello! I have owned this xbox one for 2 years now. And I've noticed quite a long time ago that anytime when the xbox is off it is making a quiet high pitched noise. Its quite hard to explain how...
  3. Screeching and other audio issues in games.

in XboX Insiders
    Screeching and other audio issues in games.: So far from what I can tell games like Destiny 2 and Gears 4 are still experiencing major audio issues that make the games almost completely unplayable. Is this issue being looked at or are the...
  4. Audio screeching during Destiny 2.

in XboX Insiders
    Audio screeching during Destiny 2.: Decided to come back to D2 for the final annual pass content and have noticed random screeches and audio pops while playing. Using a headset connected to my controller and Dolby Atmos. submitted...
  5. My urBeats3 make a screeching noise when plugged directly into a controller and through an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My urBeats3 make a screeching noise when plugged directly into a controller and through an...: They make a continuous beeping sound in my ears when plugged directly into the 3.5mm slot on a controller. If I use the 3.5mm adaptor, they no longer make the noise, BUT they make a screeching and...
  6. Xbox making loud screeching noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox making loud screeching noise.: Alright ive been having this issue for a few weeks now. My xbox will randomly make a high pitched screech during normal use while playing gamea and watching videoes. Does it nore quietly at idle....
  7. Console Fan screeching sound Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Fan screeching sound Xbox One S: Hi there, I've been having some issues with my One S with it's fan. I looked it up but it is not the typical fan sound problem, is more like a screeching sound, like if the fan needed a bit of oil...
  8. Horrible screeching sound when updating games/apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Horrible screeching sound when updating games/apps: My XBone makes this horrible screeching sound when updating any games or apps, on or off, it makes the sound. I have no idea what is causing it. Sometimes it only lasts a few seconds but sometimes...
  9. High pitched screeching sound when installing something?

in XBoX on Consoles
    High pitched screeching sound when installing something?: For a couple weeks now, whenever I try to install something, the Xbox One makes a high pitched screeching sound. It only happens when I'm installing something. It doesn't happen while I'm playing...
  10. Stereo Headset Adapter sends screeching sounds to my friends, and my controllers disconnect ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo Headset Adapter sends screeching sounds to my friends, and my controllers disconnect ...: Stereo Headset Adapter sends screeching sounds to my friends, and my controllers disconnect periodically. I opened up a Service Request, and sent them the note below with my XBOX.. it came...