Screen dims when playing certain games

Discus and support Screen dims when playing certain games in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have a Hisense TV and the Xbox One X has worked fine ever since it launched. Over the past couple of months though, I have have noticed that the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ChiefLEGOMAN1, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Screen dims when playing certain games

I have a Hisense TV and the Xbox One X has worked fine ever since it launched. Over the past couple of months though, I have have noticed that the screen dims / becomes significantly darker when playing certain games such as Forza Horizon 4, Rocket League and Crash Team Racing to name a few.

I have contacted Xbox Support and resetting the TV fixed the issue for a day or so before it came back. My TV does have a setting to switch the HDMI 2.0 format between standard and enhanced formats. The enhanced format is selected by default and if I switch to standard it detects a HDMI signal but will have no display. When I switch back to enhanced the dimmed screen effect is gone until I return to the Home dashboard then resume the game.

I honestly don't know if it's an issue with the TV or the console but thought it would be worth sharing.

submitted by /u/ChiefLEGOMAN1
    [link] [comments]

/u/ChiefLEGOMAN1, Nov 14, 2019
  2. nmelive Win User

Screen Dimming

3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Which games play videos at the title screen

Pretty much most of the games on the xbox one do that, and the ones that don't, the screen dims after a certain amount of time anyway.
  4. KyleFoote Win User

Xbox one dimming

I mean when the screen dims when it goes into idle. When i watch a movie or tv the screen dims
  5. curse1 Win User

Xbox One display is dim when first booted on?

6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox one dimming

I mean when the screen dims when it goes into idle. When i watch a movie or tv the screen dims
    Check the settings on the TV with the TV remote Menu.
Thema:

Screen dims when playing certain games

1. Screen dims when playing certain games - Similar Threads - Screen dims playing

2. Xbox dim screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox dim screen: After I used oneguide to watch tv on my xbox, My display is now stuck in very dim low light and its not my tv because when I adjust the brightness it makes it worse. I've resetting the xbox and...
  3. Cannot find where to turn off screen dimming on my Xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot find where to turn off screen dimming on my Xbox one x: I'm pretty sure this is a result of the latest update and it's an absolute nightmare. I use my Xbox one x for streaming quite a but. Just today I noticed it dimmed every 2 minutes when I looked on...
  4. Why is my screen going dim when I use blu ray player

in XboX Insiders
    Why is my screen going dim when I use blu ray player: Only dims when I load into blu ray player submitted by /u/BreachN_Clear6 [link] [comments]
  5. My xbox screen is stuck dimmed. Can barely see the screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox screen is stuck dimmed. Can barely see the screen.: So out of the blue my xbox display became dim, like the brightness was turned all the way down and its stuck like that, makes it impossible to play games. I hard reset, restarted, unplugged the...
  6. How to stop the Xbox Series X/S screen from dimming while watching movies on apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to stop the Xbox Series X/S screen from dimming while watching movies on apps?: So far all I can do is set the idle to 60 minutes but movies are longer than 60 minutes, so the screen dims after the 60 minutes is up. The Xbox should recognize when an app is in use and not dim...
  7. HDR dims screen after couple minutes ingame Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    HDR dims screen after couple minutes ingame Xbox Series X: Searched all over google and it appears to be a know bug on xbox, problem is that on Xbox Series X with HDR on it dims my tv screen after a couple minites playing after roughly 10 minutes and...
  8. HDR making my screen dim when playing

in XboX Insiders
    HDR making my screen dim when playing: So earlier today I was playing and I didn’t notice anything but I got on right now and noticed that my screen turns dim once the HDR symbol on the corner of the tv appears. Any help is...
  9. Screen dims when playing or viewing HDR content.

in XboX Insiders
    Screen dims when playing or viewing HDR content.: I reported a similar issue not long ago but specified it was only HDR games that had the issue of the screen dimming. I only just discovered today that it seems to affect both games and apps. I...
  10. Screen Dimming While Playing............

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen Dimming While Playing............: Anyone else having this issue ? I will be in the middle of a song and the screen goes dim like the xbox doesnt have any activity. I have to keep my xbox controller next to me and move it every...