Screen dims when playing certain games

Discus and support Screen dims when playing certain games in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have a Hisense TV and the Xbox One X has worked fine ever since it launched. Over the past couple of months though, I have have noticed that the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ChiefLEGOMAN1, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Screen dims when playing certain games

I have a Hisense TV and the Xbox One X has worked fine ever since it launched. Over the past couple of months though, I have have noticed that the screen dims / becomes significantly darker when playing certain games such as Forza Horizon 4, Rocket League and Crash Team Racing to name a few.

I have contacted Xbox Support and resetting the TV fixed the issue for a day or so before it came back. My TV does have a setting to switch the HDMI 2.0 format between standard and enhanced formats. The enhanced format is selected by default and if I switch to standard it detects a HDMI signal but will have no display. When I switch back to enhanced the dimmed screen effect is gone until I return to the Home dashboard then resume the game.

I honestly don't know if it's an issue with the TV or the console but thought it would be worth sharing.

submitted by /u/ChiefLEGOMAN1
    [link] [comments]

/u/ChiefLEGOMAN1, Nov 14, 2019
  2. nmelive Win User

Screen Dimming

3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Which games play videos at the title screen

Pretty much most of the games on the xbox one do that, and the ones that don't, the screen dims after a certain amount of time anyway.
  4. KyleFoote Win User

Xbox one dimming

I mean when the screen dims when it goes into idle. When i watch a movie or tv the screen dims
  5. curse1 Win User

Xbox One display is dim when first booted on?

6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox one dimming

I mean when the screen dims when it goes into idle. When i watch a movie or tv the screen dims
    Check the settings on the TV with the TV remote Menu.
Thema:

Screen dims when playing certain games

1. Screen dims when playing certain games - Similar Threads - Screen dims playing

2. HDR making my screen dim when playing

in XboX Insiders
    HDR making my screen dim when playing: So earlier today I was playing and I didn’t notice anything but I got on right now and noticed that my screen turns dim once the HDR symbol on the corner of the tv appears. Any help is...
  3. Xbox one screen super dim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one screen super dim: Ive read in forums years ago about this problem where peoples consoles would be super dim on start up. For the past three days ive had this same problem, ive reset my console 8 times, ive...
  4. Screen Dimming while watching TV, movies & videos

in XboX Insiders
    Screen Dimming while watching TV, movies & videos: While watching FuboTV and watching movies and videos, the console screen dims and the screen saver activates. Happens on my Xbox One X Gears of War console, my project Scorpio one x console. Both...
  5. Dim screen clock display won't respect new clock display option

in XboX Insiders
    Dim screen clock display won't respect new clock display option: Changed my clock setting from region default of 12H to 24H. Everything works as it should, but when the screen saver kicks in the clock showing is still the 12 hours version. Also reported via the...
  6. Screen sudden dim and discolored

in XBoX Accessibility
    Screen sudden dim and discolored: Just finished playing on my xbox one s a few hours ago. Started it up to play and this is what im looking at. No settings have been changed since i last played and only one tv setting out of 5...
  7. Screen is extremely dim while game streaming.

in XBoX on Windows
    Screen is extremely dim while game streaming.: When I stream games to my pc it is dimmed to the point that I can't see anything, all my auto dim settings are turned off, I have reset the xbox, the router, and the computer. My brightness is all...
  8. Screen dimming timer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen dimming timer: How do you turn off the stupid screen dimmer? Its so annoying trying to watch netflix, hulu, anything and the screen getting dark every hour. An hr is the longest option available, like why not an...
  9. Screen dims when playing or viewing HDR content.

in XboX Insiders
    Screen dims when playing or viewing HDR content.: I reported a similar issue not long ago but specified it was only HDR games that had the issue of the screen dimming. I only just discovered today that it seems to affect both games and apps. I...
  10. Screen Dimming While Playing............

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen Dimming While Playing............: Anyone else having this issue ? I will be in the middle of a song and the screen goes dim like the xbox doesnt have any activity. I have to keep my xbox controller next to me and move it every...