Screen dims when playing certain games

Discus and support Screen dims when playing certain games in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have a Hisense TV and the Xbox One X has worked fine ever since it launched. Over the past couple of months though, I have have noticed that the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ChiefLEGOMAN1, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Screen dims when playing certain games

I have a Hisense TV and the Xbox One X has worked fine ever since it launched. Over the past couple of months though, I have have noticed that the screen dims / becomes significantly darker when playing certain games such as Forza Horizon 4, Rocket League and Crash Team Racing to name a few.

I have contacted Xbox Support and resetting the TV fixed the issue for a day or so before it came back. My TV does have a setting to switch the HDMI 2.0 format between standard and enhanced formats. The enhanced format is selected by default and if I switch to standard it detects a HDMI signal but will have no display. When I switch back to enhanced the dimmed screen effect is gone until I return to the Home dashboard then resume the game.

I honestly don't know if it's an issue with the TV or the console but thought it would be worth sharing.

submitted by /u/ChiefLEGOMAN1
    [link] [comments]

/u/ChiefLEGOMAN1, Nov 14, 2019
  2. nmelive Win User

Screen Dimming

3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Which games play videos at the title screen

Pretty much most of the games on the xbox one do that, and the ones that don't, the screen dims after a certain amount of time anyway.
  4. curse1 Win User

Xbox One display is dim when first booted on?

5. Mister Maka Win User

xbox one screen dim every 10 minutes

Hey there BritishDarren.

You mentioned the screen dims when you leave a game running and not play, this is normal console operation. Are you having this issue when watching video content as well?
  6. gds1972 Win User

Xbox One and PC to LG OLED TV issue?

Thema:

Screen dims when playing certain games

1. Screen dims when playing certain games - Similar Threads - Screen dims playing

2. Screen dims when playing or viewing HDR content.

in XboX Insiders
    Screen dims when playing or viewing HDR content.: I reported a similar issue not long ago but specified it was only HDR games that had the issue of the screen dimming. I only just discovered today that it seems to affect both games and apps. I...
  3. Screen dimming not working any more

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen dimming not working any more: Since introduction of this feature, it has been working flawlessly. But exactly three updates ago, it has stopped working (three updates have been applied since it stopped working). I tried...
  4. Screen dims slightly after 5 minutes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen dims slightly after 5 minutes.: When I play a game, after about five minutes, my TV screen dims slightly and only goes back to normal if I go to Home and then straight back into the game. Have tried all settings on Xbox and my...
  5. How to disable screen dimming when watching DVD or Blu-ray

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to disable screen dimming when watching DVD or Blu-ray: I have had an xbox one s for a couple years and used it regularly to watch movies without any trouble. I just got an xbox on x and now the screen dims while watching a movie. I have tried changing...
  6. Prevent Xbox from dimming the screen while watching a BluRay or DVD Movie.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prevent Xbox from dimming the screen while watching a BluRay or DVD Movie.: My Xbox One is dimming wile as if it was idle while watching a DVD. Is there a fix for this? ad6096c5-321f-4831-9980-75a9777ae542
  7. In IDLE OPTIONS, can you set for NO screen dimming at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    In IDLE OPTIONS, can you set for NO screen dimming at all?: It has begun dimming in the middle of watching a bluray or TV. d58a41ef-12ff-4976-9ab2-a05dd677dcfb
  8. xbox one s screen dims while watching blu-ray and netflix

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s screen dims while watching blu-ray and netflix: For the last 2 weeks, my xbox has been auto dimming the screen every 15 minutes or so while watching movies on the blu-ray player, and also on Netflix. I use a wireless controller, and simply...
  9. Teac: Screen keeps dimming while watching stuff

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Teac: Screen keeps dimming while watching stuff: Teac (Set-top Boxes): Screen keeps dimming while watching stuff Does your TV have a ambient light sensor that is turned on? What TV is it? fab0a8be-465c-4024-9b12-c45ac3ff034e
  10. Screen Dimming While Playing............

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen Dimming While Playing............: Anyone else having this issue ? I will be in the middle of a song and the screen goes dim like the xbox doesnt have any activity. I have to keep my xbox controller next to me and move it every...