Screen dims when playing or viewing HDR content.

Discus and support Screen dims when playing or viewing HDR content. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I reported a similar issue not long ago but specified it was only HDR games that had the issue of the screen dimming. I only just discovered today that... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ChiefLEGOMAN1, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Screen dims when playing or viewing HDR content.

I reported a similar issue not long ago but specified it was only HDR games that had the issue of the screen dimming. I only just discovered today that it seems to affect both games and apps.

I have a 4K, UHD, HDR Hisense television with an Xbox One X connected. Whenever I attempt to play or watch HDR content the screen dims significantly. It doesn't affect the entirety of HDR games and apps. What I mean is that a game or app may have HDR content and the screen will only dim when it is displaying HDR content. When it's not displaying HDR content the screen will not be dimmed.

I have the latest firmware update on my TV and have even attempted to reset it along with the Xbox yet the issue still persists. The only way to resolve this issue is by disabling HDR10 in Xbox settings. I'm honestly not sure if it's a problem with my TV, my Xbox or a combination of both.

submitted by /u/ChiefLEGOMAN1
    [link] [comments]

/u/ChiefLEGOMAN1, Nov 21, 2019
  2. GoodLieYoung Win User

Xbox One X HDR dimming problem!

Hello,

My xbox one x has an issue with loading games in HDR. When a game or netflix starts up. My screen dims dark. Like it fade away. All colours are dark and not bright.

I have a 4K/HDR tv with a 10 bit panel. And it doenst work.

I tried everything. Switching settings from my tv and xbox, hard reset, different HDMI 2.0 port and cabel. Only HDR in 8 bit mode doenst go dark. But I know my TV has an working 10 bit panel that works with other content beside my xbox one x.
    Same here. It looks as if you have screen dim on as a power saving feature. The problem with this bug is that dims the screen as soon as you start and play an hdr game or app.
  3. Death Pr0fess0r Win User

Xbox One S HDR Bug

I am having a similar issue on my Xbox One S connected directly to my Samsung JS8500 tv. When I open the netflix app the screen becomes very dim and the screen doesn't return to normal until the app is quit. HDR content looks great using the Netflix app
    on my TV by the way, not dim at all.
  4. housenizzle Win User

Hdr washed out colors and dimmer during hdr content

Why are there so many posts on this all over the interwebs with no solution anywhere?

I also have the ks8000 and all hdr content is dim. Colors are ok but far to dim. Driving at dusk in Forza Horizon 3 in the jungle is unplayable without adding dynamic contrast or changing the in game brightness/ hdr brightness to unreasonable levels...
    which washes out the screen.

Playing in game mode, backlight 20, dynamic contrast off, smart led high, eco settings all off. Specifically using rting settings.

Ps4 Pro players saying they dont have the issues
    I've been having the same issue I just go to something colorful and the color comes back the dimness only happens when games start
  5. reptileegg Win User

Screen dims slightly after 5 minutes.

… it does say this one that link you gave - When using the NU8000 for HDR PC Gaming, there is currently an issue with the 'Standard' picture mode where the screen became very dim and we were unable to change it. So maybe
    there are issues with this TV and dimness.
  6. II JMagicMan II Win User

Hdr washed out colors and dimmer during hdr content

Why are there so many posts on this all over the interwebs with no solution anywhere?

I also have the ks8000 and all hdr content is dim. Colors are ok but far to dim. Driving at dusk in Forza Horizon 3 in the jungle is unplayable without adding dynamic contrast or changing the in game brightness/ hdr brightness to unreasonable levels...
    which washes out the screen.

Playing in game mode, backlight 20, dynamic contrast off, smart led high, eco settings all off. Specifically using rting settings.

Ps4 Pro players saying they dont have the issues
Thema:

Screen dims when playing or viewing HDR content.

1. Screen dims when playing or viewing HDR content. - Similar Threads - Screen dims playing

2. Screen dimming not working any more

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen dimming not working any more: Since introduction of this feature, it has been working flawlessly. But exactly three updates ago, it has stopped working (three updates have been applied since it stopped working). I tried...
  3. Screen dims when playing certain games

in XboX Insiders
    Screen dims when playing certain games: I have a Hisense TV and the Xbox One X has worked fine ever since it launched. Over the past couple of months though, I have have noticed that the screen dims / becomes significantly darker when...
  4. Screen dims slightly after 5 minutes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen dims slightly after 5 minutes.: When I play a game, after about five minutes, my TV screen dims slightly and only goes back to normal if I go to Home and then straight back into the game. Have tried all settings on Xbox and my...
  5. How to disable screen dimming when watching DVD or Blu-ray

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to disable screen dimming when watching DVD or Blu-ray: I have had an xbox one s for a couple years and used it regularly to watch movies without any trouble. I just got an xbox on x and now the screen dims while watching a movie. I have tried changing...
  6. Prevent Xbox from dimming the screen while watching a BluRay or DVD Movie.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prevent Xbox from dimming the screen while watching a BluRay or DVD Movie.: My Xbox One is dimming wile as if it was idle while watching a DVD. Is there a fix for this? ad6096c5-321f-4831-9980-75a9777ae542
  7. In IDLE OPTIONS, can you set for NO screen dimming at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    In IDLE OPTIONS, can you set for NO screen dimming at all?: It has begun dimming in the middle of watching a bluray or TV. d58a41ef-12ff-4976-9ab2-a05dd677dcfb
  8. xbox one s screen dims while watching blu-ray and netflix

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s screen dims while watching blu-ray and netflix: For the last 2 weeks, my xbox has been auto dimming the screen every 15 minutes or so while watching movies on the blu-ray player, and also on Netflix. I use a wireless controller, and simply...
  9. Teac: Screen keeps dimming while watching stuff

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Teac: Screen keeps dimming while watching stuff: Teac (Set-top Boxes): Screen keeps dimming while watching stuff Does your TV have a ambient light sensor that is turned on? What TV is it? fab0a8be-465c-4024-9b12-c45ac3ff034e
  10. Screen Dimming While Playing............

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen Dimming While Playing............: Anyone else having this issue ? I will be in the middle of a song and the screen goes dim like the xbox doesnt have any activity. I have to keep my xbox controller next to me and move it every...