Screen flickering when gaming and Netflix after upgrade to 4K/ Dolby Atmos not working

Discus and support Screen flickering when gaming and Netflix after upgrade to 4K/ Dolby Atmos not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to a 4k sony 75 inch x900f with the sony htz9f soundbar w/wireless sub and rear speakers to use with my xbox one x. I am using all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jcm04tb, Dec 1, 2018.

1. jcm04tb
    jcm04tb Guest

Screen flickering when gaming and Netflix after upgrade to 4K/ Dolby Atmos not working

I recently upgraded to a 4k sony 75 inch x900f with the sony htz9f soundbar w/wireless sub and rear speakers to use with my xbox one x. I am using all high hdmi cables on each device. The current set up is a hdmi running from arc input on tv to arc input
    on soundbar. I have my cable tv provider as xfinity comcast that i running through the xbox one x via hdmi out on the cable box to the hdmi cable/sat input on the xbox one x. Lastly, i have another hdmi running out of the xbox one x into hdmi #2 on the tv
    which is the best inout according to the booklet and everything i read online. I have updated all the settings on the tv and the xbox to proper settings where i receive all green checkmarks on the 4k details setup screen on the xbox.

Also i am unable to change the setting to dolby atmos even though all devices are compatible.when i was the cable box its fine, no flcikering. When i switch over to game or watch netflix the flickering starts and its consistent. I’ve read a bunch of troubleshooting
    steps, spoke to microsoft and nothing seems to resolve the issues. Microsoft suggested a factory reset but thats the last thing i want to do. Well second last because i dont want to return the tv and soundbar either.

I know others experienced similiar issue so i was wondering if anyone knows how to fix both or either issue. Thanks

:)

jcm04tb, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Brokenlog1c
    Brokenlog1c Guest
    Xbox One X 4k Blu Ray Won't Play Dolby Atmos

My Xbox One X will not play Dolby Atmos when using a Blu Ray disk, but Dolby Atmos games and the Dolby Atmos app work fine.

I recently purchased "Coco" on 4k Blu Ray and it will pass a Dolby Atmos signal to my Onkyo TX-RZ900. My receiver is Atmos capable, and works fine with Atmos games such as Gears of War or the Dolby Atmos app.

I have tried changing every setting I think of and clear the blu ray cache, and still nothing.

Brokenlog1c, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Atmos Problem

R3VOLUTION UK, Dec 1, 2018
  4. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest

Hello jcm04tb!

Thanks for reaching out to the forums with this situation. I understand you're having a bit of an issue playing 4k and Dolby ATMOS off of your Xbox One is that correct? You may want to contact the manufacturer of your Television to find out if they have
    more information about their products compatibility. Take a look at these helpful support articles: Troubleshooting 4K and HDR on Xbox
    One X and Xbox One S.

or
    HDR on Xbox One X and Xbox One S

I would also suggest a restore to factory defaults but start off with "Keep My Games & Apps" option. That way you don't have to erase you're games or apps. (keep in mind you will need your Microsoft account email and password to recover your profile after
    the reset.)
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One

XBF George L, Dec 1, 2018
  5. When you say you “updated all the settings” does that mean you’ve got the most up to date firmware on the tv?

coco meat train, Nov 6, 2018
  6. coco meat train Win User

When you say you “updated all the settings” does that mean you’ve got the most up to date firmware on the tv?
  7. XBF George L Win User

Hello jcm04tb!

Thanks for reaching out to the forums with this situation. I understand you're having a bit of an issue playing 4k and Dolby ATMOS off of your Xbox One is that correct? You may want to contact the manufacturer of your Television to find out if they have
    more information about their products compatibility. Take a look at these helpful support articles: Troubleshooting 4K and HDR on Xbox
    One X and Xbox One S.

or
    HDR on Xbox One X and Xbox One S

I would also suggest a restore to factory defaults but start off with "Keep My Games & Apps" option. That way you don't have to erase you're games or apps. (keep in mind you will need your Microsoft account email and password to recover your profile after
    the reset.)
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
  8. Abarrax Win User

Xbox One S and Dolby Atmos

I'm also having this same problem. The Dolby ATMOS app works great, VUDU UHD and Netflix 4k work fine with ATMOS, but when I have the Blu-ray app setting set to allow my receiver to decode (DENON S720W which supports ATMOS), the disc won't play - I don't
    even get a downgrade, and have to change the settings back to disabled, and the disc will play with some other surround decoding. Occasionally, I can just keep retrying, and I will get Dolby THD. but NEVER the ATMOS that is on the UHD 4k disc.

I've tested this with John Wick 2, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and others as well.
  9. silwenae99 Win User

BUG: With Dolby Atmos activated, all apps used Fallback to PCM 2.0

I can confirm this bug with the Dolby Atmos app.

My setup: Denon X4200W receiver with Xbox One S.

Atmos works fine in the Dolby Atmos app, Blu-Ray and Netflix (the movie Okja is the only Atmos movie on Netflix). All other Netflix videos and Xbox apps default back to 2.0 down mix as posted above.
  10. XSniperNinjaX Win User

Error code 0x80bd0009 when set up DOLBY ATMOS

Hi but why would i want to play a game in 1080p when it is 4k sorry ? if iplay a game in 1080p i wont get the atnos ? also i do use netflix alot for 4k movies with DOLBY ATMOS im not goiung to watch a 4K FILM OR TV SHOW IN 1080P also i want that atmos sound
    but in 1080p i might get it ? or might not lol ?

so 480p change to 1080p ? but i dont want 1080p in atmos sorry i want 4k sorry 2160p for games and netflix

SORRY WAS NOT CLEAR IN POST AT TOP BUT I WANT MY XBOX X IN 2160P 4K SETTINGS FOR GAMES AND AND NETFLIX MOVIES ETC FOR ATMOS SOUND.I SPOKE TO SONY TJHEY SAID 1000 PERCENT BOTH MY TV LED AND SOUND BAR ARE FINE AND ARE CABLE TO SUPPORT MY XBOX ONE X AS THERE
    BOTH CURRENT MODELS.

P.S I DID TRY ATMOS HEADPHONE THEY WORKED 100 PERCENT FINE SO IM GUESSING IT A SOUNDBAR SENDING SINGLE OR THE XBOX I BET IT IS JUST A BASIC SETTING LAUGH I MISSED :)
Thema:

1. Screen flickering when gaming and Netflix after upgrade to 4K/ Dolby Atmos not working - Similar Threads - Screen flickering gaming

2. screen flicker

in XBoX on Consoles
    screen flicker: the screen goes blank constantly. The second works, the second does not work. it turns out as if flickering. impossible to use, terribly annoying. after 2 minutes of such blinking, it ceases to...
  3. Xbox One X screen flickering white static when under load

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X screen flickering white static when under load: I bought a new BFV edition Xbox One x but over the past two or so months it's being experiencing a few issues, I upgraded to a ASUS VP28UQG 4K monitor and plugged the xbox into it, no issue for...
  4. New Xbox One X - Flickering Confetti Screen in Game only

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Xbox One X - Flickering Confetti Screen in Game only: Hello, Recently, my Xbox one x that I bought in November 2017 died on me. I probably had 1500 hours on this device. I was running a blu-ray disc for about 5 minutes after getting home when it...
  5. Microsoft Solitaire Collection is no longer playable. Screen flickers on both game and Ads.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection is no longer playable. Screen flickers on both game and Ads.: I think MSC was updated and since then it has been unplayable. Put it back the way it was or fix the problem. Either way Ads are not playable either so Ad money down the drain....
  6. Video flickering/black screen in game + crashing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video flickering/black screen in game + crashing.: Hello, I'm looking for help figuring out an issue that I've been seeing when playing Titanfall 2 where in-game there is an almost constant flickering and overlay of black on the screen when...
  7. Flicker in games, xbox splash screen after hard reset, but not dashboard or guide

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flicker in games, xbox splash screen after hard reset, but not dashboard or guide: Hey all, Just this evening I've started experiencing a constant flicker when I open a game or dvd on my xbox one. (original launch model) This also happens on the splash screen after hard...
  8. Flickering lined on screen following a freeze-switch off-switch on. Only happens in game. Any ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flickering lined on screen following a freeze-switch off-switch on. Only happens in game. Any ...: Xbox one froze mid game (gta5) switched the console off and on again and ever since I have diagonal lines flickering from the top left of the screen as well as what looks like interference in the...
  9. 1080p screen flickering on gaming monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    1080p screen flickering on gaming monitor: Hello I bought myself an xbox 360 e series last week , and today i hooked it up to a new 24inch gaming monitor At first i was using a 1.4 hdmi kabel , but this gave constant screen flickering...
  10. Screen flickers then disappears whilst playing a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen flickers then disappears whilst playing a game: Hi, Thought I'd ask coz I can't find an obvious solution to the problem. I'm playing my xbox 360 slim quite happily for 1 1/2-2 hrs then the screen starts flickering, then eventually goes "No...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one 4k netflix keep flicking

2. xbox one x 4k flicker netflicks