Screen resolution problems

Discus and support Screen resolution problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hey guys, so I think my xbox's resolution is set to the lowest setting and the stream option is off on xbox. I have tried switching HDMI ports multiple... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by derekharvell, Oct 14, 2020.

1. derekharvell
    derekharvell Guest

hey guys, so I think my xbox's resolution is set to the lowest setting and the stream option is off on xbox. I have tried switching HDMI ports multiple times. I have tried logging onto my account on my PC and I've also tried to reboot the system, but I
    can't get anything to show on my TV screen. Any suggestions on how I can change the resolution setting without seeing anything on the screen? Or is it possible to take this console in for an appointment? Thanks

:)

derekharvell, Oct 14, 2020
  2. P38FLN Win User

Screen resolution problem!

I've used CHEAP cables before - got them on clearance at the local hardware store for $10 for a 6' cable. HDMI 1.0. They definitely still gave 1080p resolution.
  3. ManU360 Win User

HDMI-cable-standard?

1.0, 2.0,...?
  4. Nielo TM Win User

If there isn't enough data flowing through the cable then it won't support it. ATM everything is pointing to the cable.
  5. Lanky I Big Man Win User

Still nothing. I'll order a new HDMI cable and see if that helps.
  6. Nielo TM Win User

Try disabling Display Discovery.
Thema:

1. Screen resolution problems - Similar Threads - Screen resolution problems

2. Screen resolution on mobile issue

in XBoX on Mobile
    Screen resolution on mobile issue: I've been trying to use the cloud gaming on my galaxy s10 5g but I'm having issues with the screen resolution, it's like it's zoomed in and the right and bottom part of the screen isn't visable....
  3. Can't change resolution - blank screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change resolution - blank screen: Hi, My father and I have an one x and one s. I've played with the S at home without any issue and since my father bought a series x he offered me to switch, so I could use the one x. I left the...
  4. Series X screen resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X screen resolution: No matter what game i play when I am playing a game and hit the guide button, My series x auto changes my resolution to something other then i selected. Is this the xbox or my monitor. I am using...
  5. Screen resolution/no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen resolution/no sound: Xbox will not go above 640p... and no sound...... need help.... I hate that u cant just call xbox anymore.so messed up f4ce3b4d-cd2c-4f60-bdf9-6f540ec15239
  6. Xbox Series X does not allow HDR10:on with Screen resolutions below 4K

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X does not allow HDR10:on with Screen resolutions below 4K: Hi together, I am using an Asos ROG Strix Monitor XG279Q and this model supports 2560x1440@144hz native, but it seems it also supports 4K (3840x2160@60hz) as input resolution and the monitor...
  7. Resolução de tela Xbox.[Translation-Xbox screen resolution.]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Resolução de tela Xbox.[Translation-Xbox screen resolution.]: Bem, tenho meu xbox faz 3 anos, mas nunca consegui ajustar o tamanho correto da tela, mesmo nas configuracões de calibragem, não consigo ajustar o tamanho da tela, para as bordas da minha tv,...
  8. Problems with screen resolution when playing some DVDs on Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with screen resolution when playing some DVDs on Xbox one S: When I play some DVDs on my Xbox one S, the screen resolution for the film comes out in a square picture 3 x 3. Yet when I play this same DVD in my blu-ray player, it plays perfectly in...
  9. Problems with screen resolution when playing some DVDs on Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with screen resolution when playing some DVDs on Xbox one S: When I play some DVDs on my Xbox one S, the screen resolution for the film comes out in a square picture 3 x 3. Yet when I play this same DVD in my blu-ray player, it plays perfectly in...
  10. Problem with screen resolution on boot up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with screen resolution on boot up.: Just wondering if any one as had a problem with there console booting up with low res and 1080p not showing up in screen settings,its just that today i plugged in me charger for my controller...