Screen time extention requests no longer appearing as notifications on PC

Discus and support Screen time extention requests no longer appearing as notifications on PC in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My main PC has just had a catastrophic crash and Windows 10 had to be reinstalled. I have reinstalled all my applications and everything works again... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BlunterCube4130, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Screen time extention requests no longer appearing as notifications on PC

My main PC has just had a catastrophic crash and Windows 10 had to be reinstalled. I have reinstalled all my applications and everything works again expect for notifications when my son requests an extension to his screen time on the Xbox One. The requests
    still come through as emails, and they do appear as notifications on a different computer in the house. I need them to start appearing again on the main PC as I have missed requests a couple of times resulting in a meltdown from him after the xbox shuts off.

Please help!

:)

BlunterCube4130, Jan 20, 2020
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi BlunterCube4130

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help. You may need to re-do the screen time limits so that the information can re-sync to all of your devices. If you set up screen time but it isn't working
    as expected, here are a few things you can try:

• Set up one schedule: With the latest update of Windows, you're able to set up one schedule that'll apply to all of your child's devices. This means if you give them five hours in a day, they'll have five hours between their Xbox
      One and Windows 10 devices. Otherwise, time gets tracked separately, so one hour of screen time means one hour per device.
    • Update Windows: Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates and install any available updates. Check
      your child's device for an update
    • Restart your device: Select Start > Power > Restart.
    • Sign in: Make sure your child is signed in with their Microsoft account on their device. If they are, you can check to make sure their account is syncing up right. Select Start > Settings > Accounts and
      follow the prompts to verify their account.
    • Keep it in the family group: Accounts outside of your Microsoft family aren’t subject to screen time limits that you set. To prevent kids from creating new accounts, on your Xbox
      press the Xbox button, then select System > Settings > System > Signed-out
      content restrictions. Create a guest key and turn off Let people download & make new accounts. From then on, you'll need a guest key to add new accounts.

Let us know if this helps!
  3. BlunterCube4130 Win User

Hi

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help. You may need to re-do the screen time limits so that the information can re-sync to all of your devices. If you set up screen time but it isn't working
    as expected, here are a few things you can try:

• Set up one schedule: With the latest update of Windows, you're able to set up one schedule that'll apply to all of your child's devices. This means if you give them five hours in a day, they'll have five hours between their Xbox
      One and Windows 10 devices. Otherwise, time gets tracked separately, so one hour of screen time means one hour per device.
    • Update Windows: Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates and install any available updates. Check
      your child's device for an update
    • Restart your device: Select Start > Power > Restart.
    • Sign in: Make sure your child is signed in with their Microsoft account on their device. If they are, you can check to make sure their account is syncing up right. Select Start > Settings > Accounts and
      follow the prompts to verify their account.
    • Keep it in the family group: Accounts outside of your Microsoft family aren’t subject to screen time limits that you set. To prevent kids from creating new accounts, on your Xbox
      press the Xbox button, then select System > Settings > System > Signed-out
      content restrictions. Create a guest key and turn off Let people download & make new accounts. From then on, you'll need a guest key to add new accounts.

Let us know if this helps!
    Hi, Thanks for the reply. Your suggestions didn't work but I think I've worked out what the problem is. After the latest update to Microsoft edge / windows 10 the PC offered me 4 log in options on start up, rather than just logging me to the PC in as normal.
    All four of us in the family group were given an option to log in, along with a fifth option, bizarrely called 'Hello'. This fifth option is the administrator and also contains all our files and photos with the documents folder. Whilst logged in as 'Hello'
    I do not receive notifications from the Xbox when my son asks for more time. If I log out of 'Hello' and log in as me I now get the notifications from the Xbox, however I can't access any of the documents in the administrator section.

Is there anyway of merging my Microsoft account with this 'hello' account?
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Notification no longer appear

Go to Settings, select Preferences, and then select Notifications to check if you have disabled the pop up notifications. If that doesn't help follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings>Disc & Blu Ray

2. Click Clear Persistent Storage 3 times

3. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts off.

If you are a member of the preview program you should check the apposite forums regarding preview program issues.
  5. Danielh35 Win User

Do we have an ETA on the Microsoft XBOX store for downloading content/updates?

Yea that's what I was thinking. Would be great to get text notifications however that appears to be broken to.

After submitting request for text notifications:

We were unable to process your request to sign up for Xbox Live status notifications. Please refresh the page and try again.
  6. mjboldy Win User

System notifications not going away.

I'm having this same issue. Some times the achievement notification is fine and goes away within a few seconds of appearing on screen. Other times it takes forever to go away unless I look at it.
Thema:

1. Screen time extention requests no longer appearing as notifications on PC - Similar Threads - Screen extention requests

2. Legal Waranty 2 years in Europe, black screen Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Legal Waranty 2 years in Europe, black screen Xbox One X: Hello, My X box One X have a problem in the video out, I have black screen when the console is hot (after 2 or 3 hours on). Whyle few second I have black screen when I'm playing, the video come...
  3. Xbox One Switches on but has no screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Switches on but has no screen: Hi, is anone able to help with this or know how to fix it i went to play Crash Team Racing and it didnt load, a message popped up but before i could read it my son cancelled it off, i went to...
  4. Skip Ahead ring - White screen - Error E101 00000504 8B050041

in XboX Insiders
    Skip Ahead ring - White screen - Error E101 00000504 8B050041: Hi All! One of my Xbox X returned a White Screen yesterday. That was an Xbox on the Alpha Skip ahead program. Tried rebooting, hard reset and disconnecting from power with no luck, same white...
  5. Xcloud should include an option to cast your screen from your phone to a tv

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud should include an option to cast your screen from your phone to a tv: Like the title said i wanted to give a suggestion that the xcloud app should have an option to cast the screen from the app to the tv. Currently i cast my whole screen onto the tv and it sometimes...
  6. screen tearing & audio static/stuttering (alpha skip-ahead)

in XboX Insiders
    screen tearing & audio static/stuttering (alpha skip-ahead): i don't know if this is a hardware or a software problem but when i quit a 4k UHD compatible game or app on my Xbox One X, the screen looks like the screen got hit & the audio starts going crazy....
  7. How do I access the console update screen?

in XBoX on Mobile
    How do I access the console update screen?: I need a code there for the mobile app. f6a27e54-c853-4539-bac4-b621cf0322d7
  8. Can't upload gamebar screen captures with ":" (colon) in title of game

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't upload gamebar screen captures with ":" (colon) in title of game: As we all know, Microsoft does not allow for the use of ":" (colons) in the naming convention of files. However, some games have them in their titles and this will prevent you from uploading your...
  9. Stuck in this screen on a tablet with only the sound working for 30 mins(and counting)...

in XboX Insiders
    Stuck in this screen on a tablet with only the sound working for 30 mins(and counting)...: [IMG] submitted by /u/tinycubegamer45 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox 360 Screen Issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Screen Issue?: [img] Hey everybody. So I just plugged this thing after it's collected dust for years. What is this screen I am getting? It's like a black inset covering the interface. Funnily enough, when I...